What are you nerds playing this weekend?

View attachment 416656

Video game consumer list for Vacation in 3 days. 9 days total should of taken two weeks but vacation gets reset in Feb too late for Elden Ring.
Realistically I'll only play 3-4 games tops and only for the first few days. Only have one set of eyeballs per game.
I wouldn't mind taking off for Rainbow 6 extraction that game is going to be the bomb.
Haha love the use of white board.

Going to probably finish up my replay of Splinter Cell on OG Xbox this weekend...at some point. Also, do a bit of Paper Mario: Origami King.

theHunter Call of the Wild. Not a hunter but the environments are very nice and its fun to explore and track things.

Started this over the weekend:
1638807010386.png

It's great! Can't believe I missed out on this when it first released. My last few games I've started them and never got to finish them, but this is all brand new to me. I'm not sure how far along I am so I'll probably play it through this weekend too.

I'm either going to play COD or Watch Dogs Legion or Maneater to finish up my vacation. My other vacation got rejected for some reason for New Years. So maybe I can put in for it again on Rainbiw Six Extraction. Vacay days get reset in Feb might not be able to use them have 24 years at Walmart next week. Dusted and cleaned my Room in sections I got so bored.

Snowrunner is (was?) on sale. $32 for the full deal. Grabbed it last night. Its a nice switch from other games. Kiddo is going to like it too.
They just introduced some graphics bugs but hopefully they fix them sooner than later.

They did fix some broken tasks for me in the Yukon which was a nice surprise. I had figured odds were low but my tasks that could not be completed were corrected - delivery tasks not registering trailers as being delivered.

Last edited:
picked up horizon zero dawn for blackfriday steam sale. Started a couple days ago, likely going to be this weekends game.

picked up horizon zero dawn for blackfriday steam sale. Started a couple days ago, likely going to be this weekends game.

Yeaah, I put that one off, due to my under-performing HTPC (GTx 960), but FSR should allow me to almost max it out at 1080p at 40 fps.

I just can't t get into the clunky shooting aspects even using mouse/keyboard, so I'm trying the beat-em-up angle as my primary.

Oh, and another amazing game I picked up on Black Friday was Ys 8. - excellent real-time combat with seamless party member switching (unlike the world of FF15, where you have to bind a combo for each party member, and hope you remember it in the heat of battle.)

Yeaah, I put that one off, due to my under-performing HTPC (GTx 960), but FSR should allow me to almost max it out at 1080p at 40 fps.

I just can't t get into the clunky shooting aspects even using mouse/keyboard, so I'm trying the beat-em-up angle as my primary.

Oh, and another amazing game I picked up on Black Friday was Ys 8. - excellent real-time combat with seamless party member switching (unlike the world of FF15, where you have to bind a combo for each party member, and hope you remember it in the heat of battle.)
I do enjoy the archery aspect of it, i do feel like it needs a nudge because i seem to time my release poorly and end up not releasing because I let off on the left and right mouse button too close together. Less of an issue with a controller but then aiming with that makes me cry lol.

I do enjoy the archery aspect of it, i do feel like it needs a nudge because i seem to time my release poorly and end up not releasing because I let off on the left and right mouse button too close together. Less of an issue with a controller but then aiming with that makes me cry lol.

if you want me to be good at archery as a primary attack weapon, you need to make it FPS. third-person is for beat-em-ups or trendy Cover Shooters.

I can hit a deer at range in Skyrim in first-peron but this shit I'm constantly missing.

if you want me to be good at archery as a primary attack weapon, you need to make it FPS. third-person is for beat-em-ups or trendy Cover Shooters.

I can hit a deer at range in Skyrim in first-peron but this shit I'm constantly missing.
That is a fair point and I agree. I like climbing and exploring in third person but i think they should have made fps or 3rd person a preference option. First person I think could have made the machines a lot scarier especially when trying to hide and having to look through grass instead of the omniscient view of the world.

That is a fair point and I agree. I like climbing and exploring in third person but i think they should have made fps or 3rd person a preference option. First person I think could have made the machines a lot scarier especially when trying to hide and having to look through grass instead of the omniscient view of the world.

I saw the ropecaster, and figured that was more my vibe, but imagine my surprise when it's just another arrow WITH HIGHER COST, and you cant recover after firing

HAVEN'T THESE PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF A WHIP?

Starting to get pissed-off over this game drought of interesting weapon ideas(all of which are centered on you collecting massive quantities to buy 5 shots)

is there any weapon in this game beside your spear that provides unlimited ammo?

Last edited:
I saw the ropecaster, and figured that was more my vibe, but imagine my surprise when it's just another arrow WITH HIGHER COST, and you cant recover after firing

Starting to get pissed-off over this game drought of interesting weapon ideas(all of which are centered on you collecting massive quantities to buy 5 shots)

is there any weapon in this game beside your spear that provides unlimited ammo?
Sadly not that i have found so far. Yea I like crafting and hunting for materials but for non-consumable stuff. t

Sadly not that i have found so far. Yea I like crafting and hunting for materials but for non-consumable stuff. t

Well then, I'll putt it on the list of ":eek: only play if you are bored out of your mind"

It's an excellent world creation, but there are way too many "boring game loop Pure Survival Adventures" out there for me to bother playing them all.

Well then, I'll putt it on the list of ":eek: only play if you are bored out of your mind"

It's an excellent world creation, but there are way too many "boring game loop Pure Survival Adventures" out there for me to bother playing them all.
Yea you might not be missing much. There are some things that annoy me with it but im also a fan of ashly burch so her as the main character is fun too. Next game looks like they used the same formula as well.

The ropecaster is meant to tether machines to the ground so you can more easily mount a primary attack. HZD is far from a ‘strategic’ game, but the tools they give you make for some interesting methods for approaching combat. I’m only guessing here but it sounds to me like you’re missing the real charm of the game, which in my opinion is:
- fun combat (subjective)
- gorgeous world
- a surprisingly interesting story that continues to pull you in throughout the game

Spending a bit of time with While True Learn(). Very fun game.

Probably going to hit up RDR2 with Skyrim SE and FO4 thrown into the mix.

Forza Horizon 5

Online seems to be more broken than usual but hopefully the next update will fix some of that. Great game otherwise! Really putting the hours in.

Finished everything that I was previously playing. No time for sitting at my desk right now, so that means Switch games for the next couple of weeks. I've kind of finished my backlog on that though, so I started playing Dead Cells again. Hadn't played it for several versions, so it's got a LOT more to do in it now, and tons of extras.

An assortment of stuff, but the one I wanted to mention is a cheap little indie game called Islanders I found on Steam for $5 (regular price, not on sale). They call it a minimalist city builder but it's really more of a strategy game. A really laid back, slow paced one. It's all about placing buildings in the right spot to score the most points. Nothing happens other than you placing buildings. It'll run on a potato (I tried it on a 2016 netbook with a Celeron N3060 and 2GB of ram and it was arguably playable at ~15fps... still wondering why I bought that thing) and is a long term addition to my small collection of games that will run on a thin & light laptop, though mostly I've been wasting an RTX 3090 on it. So I have all these AA and AAA games and a 3090 and yet sometimes I still feel like playing this silly little thing I got for $5. I think I like it because there's no action. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

An assortment of stuff, but the one I wanted to mention is a cheap little indie game called Islanders I found on Steam for $5 (regular price, not on sale). They call it a minimalist city builder but it's really more of a strategy game. A really laid back, slow paced one. It's all about placing buildings in the right spot to score the most points.
Looks pretty cool, cant pick it up yet but definitely on my list with a simple yet interesting way of keeping things interesting and dynamic.

I'll be playing through the Riftbreaker Demo again myself.

Going to finally put some serious time into Halo Infinite. I've discovered that playing in small bursts doesn't work. Half the time I'll play for 15 minutes, have to bail, and when I restart I'm all the way back where I started.

swgemu is launching a fresh server on sat, going to be doing that

Back