What a n00b

I refuse to be pretentious enough to buy an hyper economical car and claim that im saving the enviornment. For 1 the Prius has an extremely large Lithium battery and is very heavy as a result killing killing quite a buit of efficiency, And the cost of mining materials to make those batteries, including shipping, is insane. 2. The smart car.. my god. apparently nobody has seen the crash test videos. Especially not the people here in Dallas that are tooling down the freeway at 80 mph in one. I had one TAILGATE me on the way home from work one day. And I was doing 75 mph.

My advise is that if you want to be economical, get yourself a well built and safe TDI Volkswagen of some kind.

Now all that being said i'll second what steve said about the balence. I'm glad these cars exist so i can drive my Corvette without any fear of hurting the seals or polar ice caps.

I think n00b is appropriate for that license plate. Because apparently they are a n00b at car buying logic.

Another post full of UNEDUCATED FAIL. Look up what kind of batteries it actually uses, ok. And they are 95% recyclable now. Their were definitely some negative effects and destruction when first introduced to the assembly line, but someone had to take the plunge and learn through experience. It's a very refined and much more environmentally friendly process now.
 
"Toyota has a comprehensive battery recycling program in place and has been recycling nickel-metal hydride batteries since the RAV4 Electric Vehicle was introduced in 1998. Every part of the battery, from the precious metals to the plastic, plates, steel case and the wiring, is recycled. To ensure that batteries come back to Toyota, each battery has a phone number on it to call for recycling information and dealers are paid a $200 "bounty" for each battery."
 
we have a TON of Prius up here...seriously. The trend now are those Smart cars, I see them everywhere.

http://www.****************************/smart_cars.jpg

I wanna know what YOU'RE driving.
 
At least the guy or gal in the prius is being honest about themselves. What about this license plate?

h4xor.jpg
 
Not meaning to bash you, but the concept of the automakers. They don't make very many TDI's because they say there is not much demand for them, yet they are constantly sold out and hard to find. That would lead me to believe that there is plenty of demand for them, they just don't want to make them for financial or political reasons...

Anyway I was able to spot the Noob, it was not due to the license plate, but due to the Prius, that was the giveaway. Only a Noob would buy a Prius as a "Green" car. The cost in pollution to build these hybrids is high:

http://www.yorkblog.com/greenmesh/2007/03/unraveling-the-hummer-vs-prius.html

Anyway Diesel FTW. Loving the Jetta TDI I drive.

TDI demand is definitely high across much of the country, I believe close to 40% of all new Jettas and Sportwagens sold are TDI model. This is tops for all sedans with an available diesel engine.

Even with the cost of the TDI engine dirving up the cost of the car, profits are low on the VW TDI Jettas, and VW is currently losing money on every MKVI Golf TDI they sell. VW is currently being *very* sensitive to MSRP right now and trying to lower it to increase sales quantities in the US.

Some people waited 5 months to get a new MKVI Golf TDI :eek:
 
LOL, that's pretty damn funny. :D

If it were in CO, they probably would've denied him that personalized license plate. :eek:
 
I wanna know what YOU'RE driving.
Heh, I love being able to post a link to this one:

http://www.****************************/index.htm

Scroll down a bit to the 07.06.07 post that shows Steve's ride - that's what I do right after reviewing the Asia Carrera photos...
 
Heh, I love being able to post a link to this one:

http://www.****************************/index.htm

Scroll down a bit to the 07.06.07 post that shows Steve's ride - that's what I do right after reviewing the Asia Carrera photos...

Nice album, thanks.

http://www.****************************/vacation_pics/thumbs/vaca15.jpg

Damn, is that you, Steve? I pictured you totally different, hah. If so, you look almost as redneck as Kyle does :D.

I keed, I keed.

But not really.
 
Man, I forgot about Steve & Asia Carrera. Anybody else remember Steve's contests from way back? I'd always go to his site for those and see Asia.
 
Usually I don't notice license plates, but at work a week ago or so, new M3 with 'AMG ROFL'. I dunno why I found it so funny, but at the time I thought it was awesomely funny.
 
^ Cool, so we now found 2 N00Bs in the country. I wonder how many states have drivers that registered "N00B". :confused:
 
As mentioned in my 1st post of this thread (but sans the following link), while I've never been to CO, this is why they suck. :mad: They probably wouldn't allow N00B either. :rolleyes:
 
See I was surprised about people owning a Smart up there in Alaska too, but what surprises me more is what appears to be a booming population and roads that look like the roads everywhere else. What the heck? I thought Alaska was a frozen wasteland.
 
One of the funniest LPs I heard of was what a friend told me he saw in NJ. It was on a Toyota Prius and the LPs read "F OPEC". :cool:
 
One of the funniest LPs I heard of was what a friend told me he saw in NJ. It was on a Toyota Prius and the LPs read "F OPEC". :cool:

That's awesome. One thing I always hated about living in Wyoming is that they only let you have four letters. Besides the obvious and overly common ones, our selection of entertaining plates was extremely limited compared to other states. I live in Idaho right now, but I totally want Wyoming plates that say" n00b". Good use of those four letters.
 
See I was surprised about people owning a Smart up there in Alaska too, but what surprises me more is what appears to be a booming population and roads that look like the roads everywhere else. What the heck? I thought Alaska was a frozen wasteland.

I think my biggest suprise I saw in Alaska (being from Texas) was seeing all the houses with grass growing on the roof :D

Second biggest was all the less then 10 year old Subarus sitting in peoples yards that were completely rusted out (not picking on Scoobies, they just seemed as common as F-150's in Texas). 10 years is nothing for a car down here in boring ass dry Texas.
 
That's awesome. One thing I always hated about living in Wyoming is that they only let you have four letters. Besides the obvious and overly common ones, our selection of entertaining plates was extremely limited compared to other states. I live in Idaho right now, but I totally want Wyoming plates that say" n00b". Good use of those four letters.
Do you mean 4 letters or 4 characters that Wyoming allows for vanity plates? If the latter, I agree that's way too limited. Even the former, but at least #s can be used to get around that requierment.

Nope, that's only for two players. :D
I could've sworn that in NES of "Contra", I had to press select, start instead of just start, but only this key sequence was apparently necessary for those Konami games.
 
Do you mean 4 letters or 4 characters that Wyoming allows for vanity plates? If the latter, I agree that's way too limited. Even the former, but at least #s can be used to get around that requierment.


I could've sworn that in NES of "Contra", I had to press select, start instead of just start, but only this key sequence was apparently necessary for those Konami games.

Four characters is what I mean. Very limited. :(
 
Usually I don't notice license plates, but at work a week ago or so, new M3 with 'AMG ROFL'. I dunno why I found it so funny, but at the time I thought it was awesomely funny.

dude you in san jose? i think i've seen that same car!
 
Alaska gets hot as fuck in the summer.
When I was working in Denali Park a few years ago, the middle of summer solstice we had 2 weeks of miserable 100 degree days. And noone is going to buy A/C just for 2 weeks out of the year, so you just suck that shit up.

Tilt of the world, people. This is what, 8th grade science?
I thought you guys were [H].....
 
^ LOL nice one. :D

Leviathan, holy crap, 100 deg. in Alaska? That must've set a new record by far.
 
^ LOL nice one. :D

Leviathan, holy crap, 100 deg. in Alaska? That must've set a new record by far.

Fairbanks is the real arm pit, in my opinion. Some cool experiments, college students, a neat museum ...

but 80-90 degree summers and negative 80-90 degree winters. Are you KIDDING!!?!? Lots of places much nicer, INCLUDING Denali Park. Much rather live there than Fairbanks.

I guess I forgot about the cool northern lights, though ...
 
Back
Top