Westinghouse 37w3 for $799, Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god I just got a 2407 not but 3 months ago....

Yea, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

I decided to buy one:

Subtotal: $807.99
Shipping & Handling: $27.29
Tax: $64.11
Less Costco Cash Card(s): ( $10.00)
Order Total: $889.39

I had a $10 cash card from when I signed up a couple of years ago with Costco when they came to my place of work - I guess it was a perk. Finally used it!

I have 32" Samsung HDMI LCD which is a beauty, but I'll sell it and replace it with the Westy.

CONSUMER ALERT: This television receiver has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009 to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the U.S.'s transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322), or visit the commission’s digital-television Web site at: www.dtv.gov.

Don't know if someone already mentioned this or not.

This model has been marketed as a monitor not a TV, so obviosuly it doesnt have abuilt in tuner. I wouldnt think someone would use an over the air signal on such a great display.

I plugged in my wii and its brightness is WAY to high cant trun it down :(

I have the same problem with VGA sometimes. Just switch inputs and switch back the monitor should readjust itself.

From measuring mine just now, I think you might need 37.5'' width to be safe. It looks a hair wider than 37.25''.

Thanks for measuring. Well I'm going for it anyway.. Ordered it this morning. If it doesn't fit, I 'll just return it....

Oh, how long I have waited for this to be mine. I'm not going to order until tomorrow (I want to just think on this a little while longer, and it shouldn't matter, since it's Memorial Day weekend), but it looks like it'll be just about $900 on the nose: $57 in MN tax and $43 for shipping. Moving on up from a Dell 1905FP (max resolution 1280x1024). Great display, served me well for a couple years, but this should last me for at least 5, probably more. I'm so happy.

Couldn't someone that has a local costco, walk into a bestbuy and get them to price match and also another %10 off?

Shipping to me is 36$

But for whatever reason I had to return it, wouldn't shipping this huge thing back, cost like $80?

Also, will costco cover shipping back if its doa, to many dead pixels, etc?

Shipping to me is 36$

But for whatever reason I had to return it, wouldn't shipping this huge thing back, cost like $80?

Also, will costco cover shipping back if its doa, to many dead pixels, etc?

You can return it in store.

Here is the 211pg thread concerning this monitor/TV:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1088497&page=148

unfortunately I was required to sift through tons of banter to find the meat of the thread (the pics!) :mad:

Thought this pic takes the cake

MickeyKnox said:
picture027dl1.jpg

TVs purchased at Costco have 90day return and 2 year store warranty. Not as good before the policy change, but still pretty good.

I have a sharp I just got on 4/21 could I return it and then buy this? Or is that shady/wrong...

I have a sharp I just got on 4/21 could I return it and then buy this? Or is that shady/wrong...

Personally, I wouldn't do it because it's morally wrong. The only time I would exchange something at Costco is if the product broke or something. Ultimately it is up to you. If you have no qualms exchanging after a month, then by all means do it. Just note that Costco had to change their policy because people abused it. I hate how people treat their policy as a rental/upgrade service. I wish a lot of stores follow the same policy as Costco, but I see why they don't. Everyone loses :(

I am not the person who does things this way, that's why I wanted to ask. I mean, when I got my Costco gold membership, they said if you ever buy anything and don't like it, bring it back. It's not like I overclocked a video card, burned it up, and then took it back.

I am not the person who does things this way, that's why I wanted to ask. I mean, when I got my Costco gold membership, they said if you ever buy anything and don't like it, bring it back. It's not like I overclocked a video card, burned it up, and then took it back.

Exchange it. Costco did set the 90-day return policy, so might as well use it. I was just venting a little :p

I ordered one of these Friday afternoon, it still lists my order as processing... I wonder when these will start showing up? Can't wait!!

I was thinking today about this monitor. I sit about 2 feet from monitor, is this too big to sit that close with? My brother said atleast 5 feet is needed.

Woah thats such a nice deal.... I wish I had enough money to bite on it... I'm not a regular at Costco, what is Less Coupon? Is that a instant rebate or something.

online only Bahh.. its all good my Dell2407 is sxcc :)

but damn good deal..these are going for $1400ish from my last understanding.
;
Happy buying to your Us friends

For All You People Complaining About No Tuner!

you do NOT NOT NOT NOT need one. That is only if you are POOR and cannot afford cable. this tv rocks! and does NOT need a tuner.

i am typing on this TV now, paid $999 + 179 for a THREE YEAR warranty

**Admin Edit**

Shouting is just plain rude and isn't tolerated here....neither is namecalling.

Some people don't like to be raped by cable. Just because your mom and dad pay for your cable doesn't mean you're a hero.

Some people don't like to be raped by cable. Just because your mom and dad pay for your cable doesn't mean you're a hero.

So then just get a a pci/usb tv tuner... then you have tivo like abilities through your PC. That's what I did... and it's great.

Does costco ship to an APO address? I'm filling out the new user registration form and there is no option to choose APO AE for my city/state :(

Does costco ship to an APO address? I'm filling out the new user registration form and there is no option to choose APO AE for my city/state :(

I think the Post Office will not ship it to any APOs or FPOs, I believe the biggest size they do is 19" Monitors.

I plugged in my wii and its brightness is WAY to high cant trun it down :(

I play my Wii on it all the time without any problems. The TV needs to be heavily adjusted once you get it, but you can get it to look great. Put in Zelda and it has a brightness/contrast screen, then screw around with it until it looks the way it should.

I got mine back when they had them for $799 clearance in the store. Best decision I ever made, I love this TV.

Umm, I get 75 channels for $24.99. I don't see that as getting raped. They look alright with media center upscaling the picture to the TV. I get 0 OTA HiDef channels. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back