Westinghouse 37w3 for $799, Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I wouldn't do it because it's morally wrong. The only time I would exchange something at Costco is if the product broke or something. Ultimately it is up to you. If you have no qualms exchanging after a month, then by all means do it. Just note that Costco had to change their policy because people abused it. I hate how people treat their policy as a rental/upgrade service. I wish a lot of stores follow the same policy as Costco, but I see why they don't. Everyone loses :(

I do not think it is wrong to take something back to a store that has an open return policy as long as your return is for "I found a better deal". What is wrong is when people overclock their cpus (and break em) and then try to return it, or, when someone buys something online (say, motherboard) then fucks it up, and goes to fry's and buys the same motherboard, and swaps them, and returns the broken board to frys as "dead"

But if the store has a return policy that will let you bring something back because you "just don't like it" (for whatever your PERSONAL reason is, but not because "it's broken") then that's ok.

I ordered on the 25th and mine is still In Process. That's understandable since it's a holiday weekend. Hopefully it will ship early this week.

Does anyone know if Costco ships from a single warehouse or do they have them in various spots around the country for online orders? I've never ordered anything from them over the 'net before, so I'm trying to understand their e-commerce logistics a bit. Hopefully my TV doesn't have to travel from the east coast or something out here in CA via UPS ground. If so they may as well include a broom and dust pan to pick up the pieces.

I ordered on the 25th and mine is still In Process. That's understandable since it's a holiday weekend. Hopefully it will ship early this week.

Does anyone know if Costco ships from a single warehouse or do they have them in various spots around the country for online orders? I've never ordered anything from them over the 'net before, so I'm trying to understand their e-commerce logistics a bit. Hopefully my TV doesn't have to travel from the east coast or something out here in CA via UPS ground. If so they may as well include a broom and dust pan to pick up the pieces.

Costco dropships most of the stuff on their website (especially if they don't carry it in the stores, which they don't here), so it could come from anywhere.

$900 after tax + s&h.
Damn, I was so close getting 3rd.

$900 after sh tax is still amazing deal..if you already have two tho..it might be overkill..

for someone who's getting their first set..you can't beat this..

+3 month return no question asked at retail store
+2yr extended warranty after manufacturer's

$898 for me shipped to Maine with a membership ($10 more than the 5% price increase). Hopefully it'll still be around by the end of the week, though with my luck, it'll be gone the day I get my paycheck. . .

$900 after sh tax is still amazing deal..if you already have two tho..it might be overkill..

for someone who's getting their first set..you can't beat this..

+3 month return no question asked at retail store
+2yr extended warranty after manufacturer's

You didn't have to remind me. :rolleyes:
Now I am seriously about to pull the trigger.. (thinking about where to put this monitor).

This model has been marketed as a monitor not a TV, so obviosuly it doesnt have abuilt in tuner. I wouldnt think someone would use an over the air signal on such a great display.

I would... OTA HDTV signals are generally far better than dish or cable due to the higher bit rates... oh, and aside from the antenna and a usb HDTV dongle on your computer, it's free!...

but, you're right... why would anyone want to watch hdtv on a monitor:confused:

$898 shipped to Maine with a Costco membership included (only $10 more for the membership, figured "What the hell")

Anyone happen to know if Costco puts a hold on the funds right away if paying by credit? The reason why I'm asking is because my credit union debit/credit card has an enforced maximum of $300/day spending limit. I had it temporarily raised, but that temporary raise won't stick around. . .

*Edit: I guess it's "Later, rather than sooner":

Dear God of the Universe,

Thank you for your order with www.costco.com. Unfortunately,
the order you placed has been cancelled.

Back to the CU tomorrow. Feh.

will 1080p look much better than 720p on this tv? i don't think the size is big enuff to show much of a difference but i am probably wrong

will 1080p look much better than 720p on this tv? i don't think the size is big enuff to show much of a difference but i am probably wrong

If you're using it as a computer monitor, then definitely. For movies & gaming from afar, I would not expect to see a significant amount of difference, if any.

Surfing the forum I saw it looked like people were not getting their TV. Mine showed 'in progress', and got an email before I had a chance to finish this post from FedEX showing I have a package on the way. Back to Costco, and sure enough, I'm shipping!

If you're using it as a computer monitor, then definitely. For movies & gaming from afar, I would not expect to see a significant amount of difference, if any.

I concur.
I have a 37" Aquos 720P Lcd hooked up to a DVI port with a highish end card and tv & dvds & such look great.
I can't tell the difference watching something like, say, stargate, on the 37" Aquos or my Westy37"

However. For a computer monitor, the westy wins hands down. The aquos gives giant icons (they aren't tiny on the westy, technically) and seems much more like a "kiosk" display with it's usage than a "computer screen"

I would... OTA HDTV signals are generally far better than dish or cable due to the higher bit rates... oh, and aside from the antenna and a usb HDTV dongle on your computer, it's free!...

but, you're right... why would anyone want to watch hdtv on a monitor:confused:

Uhm, you do realize this device has a HDMI & Y Pr Pb inputs, right? I watched KingKong HD on it, over my xbox360 + HDDVD.

The point of noting that this thing doesn't have a tuner is that it doesn't fucking need one, anyhow.
I can run watch 4 different analog streams simultaneously on it if I want to (dual PVR500s) or I can use it for video work, large screen gaming, or watch HDDVD, BD-DVD, as well as my HDTV 1080p tv signal from "the outside world"

Surfing the forum I saw it looked like people were not getting their TV. Mine showed 'in progress', and got an email before I had a chance to finish this post from FedEX showing I have a package on the way. Back to Costco, and sure enough, I'm shipping!

I'm shipping too! Really excited :)

Shipped too. :D

Glad there's a whole new slew of us who are jumping in on Team Westy 37w3!

Tracking number is now available on my order - check for yours!

UPS Ground for me. Estimated arrival is Thursday. Sweet!

Estimated Arrival: Jun 01, 2007

I was worried when I started reading this thread again about peeps not getting the tv...!

Mine is coming UPS ground, I wonder if they will leave it if I am not home?

Estimated Arrival: Jun 01, 2007

I was worried when I started reading this thread again about peeps not getting the tv...!

Mine is coming UPS ground, I wonder if they will leave it if I am not home?

Yep! friend ordered a 42" LCD from costco shipped ups ground and they left it in front of the door... in an apartment complex.

Uhm, you do realize this device has a HDMI & Y Pr Pb inputs, right? I watched KingKong HD on it, over my xbox360 + HDDVD.

The point of noting that this thing doesn't have a tuner is that it doesn't fucking need one, anyhow.
I can run watch 4 different analog streams simultaneously on it if I want to (dual PVR500s) or I can use it for video work, large screen gaming, or watch HDDVD, BD-DVD, as well as my HDTV 1080p tv signal from "the outside world"

ROFL... yes, I realize, thanks. Mine wasn't a knock on any of your points. Looks like you're having fun with it, though :)

Yep! friend ordered a 42" LCD from costco shipped ups ground and they left it in front of the door... in an apartment complex.

Cool, thanks, hurray Friday! I am using a 19inch CRT!:p

Holy crap, mine is already at my UPS center in Baldwin Park, CA which is 10 minutes away from my house. ETA is 05/30/07, today, and I ordered regular UPS too!

i'm guessing this is ONLINE only. there are stores near me, i'd love to save shipping cost and just pick it up @that price :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back