Weirdest Game you Ever played?

is an obvious choice

Though its pretty famous now because its the most expensive gamecube game, it was always a weird little title that I picked up at launch.

Is a relatively recent choice, but this game was fucking awesome. I absolutely loved every minute of it (the whole thing is like 2 hours long.)

Eternal Darkness was pretty weird. Also, stuff like Katamari Damaci.

And anything by the people who did Pony Island.

Just finished one, actually. Not sure if "cutest" or "weirdest" but you play a cat in a post-apocalypse world where leftover helper robots developed their own AI personalities by mimicking the humans that were no longer around, and some freaky thing that evolved into a mega organism feeding off of humanity's trash, in a little puzzle game accompanied by a drone you carry like a backpack through the wasteland.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJawWyRUOBM

A little too easy and rather short, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit, meowing along the way, knocking crap off shelves, scratching sofas, and appreciated how well they did the motion capture for the feline that felt very organic and always went exactly where I wanted it to go.

Sanitarium maybe? Though I don’t think it was “weird” per se. Just used a dark fairytale, low fantasy sort of format and was very story driven.

Screenshot_20231001-092958.png

Weird they brought it back

The one that sticks out to me is Grim Fandango. It was incomprehensible to me at the time.
One of the most brilliant adventure games of all time. My family still quotes this game 25 years after release.

The beauty of PC gaming, is there is something out there for everyone!

Wow lots of amazing picks! Most i have never heard of. I'm thinking maybe Goat Simulator for me? No idea what I'm doing and had great fun playing it.

Been playing games of all types, PC, Consoles, hand-helds for over 40 years yet there are two games which creeped me out.

Some of you youngsters may not remember either of these two but if ya want a creepfest, get them.

Clive Barker's Undying

I Have No Mouth but Must Scream

You'll have to look them up yourselves as I won't spoil the experience.
Heh. Yeah, Undying is one of those games from 2001 that went under a lot of peoples' radar. A damn shame, criminally so. It's UE1.x so even a potato will run it. Stop reading this and go play it if you haven't already. Seriously.

As for I Have No Mouth... Don't expect it to give you the warm and fuzzies, it's about as grimdark as you can literally get. I'll say no more, though.

The original American McGee's Alice was a far better game. One I played eagerly from beginning to end. Madness Returns really puts the screws to poor Alice, and the worst part is it's a vastly inferior game with cookie cutter copy-paste level design and boring environments. I stopped playing after a couple hours. It deserved far better treatment, but this is what happens when you hand an IP to a studio that competes on price, not quality.

The original American McGee's Alice was a far better game. One I played eagerly from beginning to end. Madness Returns really puts the screws to poor Alice, and the worst part is it's a vastly inferior game with cookie cutter copy-paste level design and boring environments. I stopped playing after a couple hours. It deserved far better treatment, but this is what happens when you hand an IP to a studio that competes on price, not quality.
You're right! I had "American McGee's Alice" (year 2000) on CD or DVD

I guess I only remembered ALICE Madness Returns (2011) because I played it recently.

View: https://youtu.be/1zCbdyHHOFE?si=5n7-5iTgMkHLtySR

Back