Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by defiant007, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Stanfiem

Stanfiem Limp Gawd

This is not new pirates ahve been doing this for quite some time. It is pretty easy to tell when your fan speed ramps up to 100 percent when idle. You then check to see why and your GPU is at 100 percent as well, or above idle for no reason.

2. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

This. You'd think that these brain surgeons stealing the game would have the common sense to keep the fact to themselves.

Instead they're going to rant and wear everyone's patience real thin about how "the game sucks cuz the performance" based on running cracked pre-release code, on pre release-day video drivers.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  3. Dallows

Dallows [H]ardness Supreme

A lot of people got their game early from Ubi, and some were even able to pick up the PS4 version from some small shops that broke the street date.

4. warholio

warholio n00b

maybe they are getting a head start on the much needed patch by "sneaking"it out early?

5. pontiac4life

pontiac4life Gawd

I have tried everything to get the game to run properly and it won't. From graphical glitches to major stuttering, on all settings. I have tried the newest drivers and I have x2 680's. I refuse to play the game anymore like this, I won't get the proper experience like this. It needs either a better driver or game patch or both because of right now, it sucks big time

6. tonyftw

tonyftw [H]ard|Gawd

Game has not been officially released, nor are there any official drivers available for this yet.

The doom and gloom by some in this thread is hilarious...

7. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

Hi guys, if you are going to run a miner worm with the game, you will have a bad time.

lol

8. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah I guess it's actually a GREAT port and the reason everybody is complaining about performance is because they all have LTC worms maxing out their rigs.
    /s

I've got some bad news for you...

9. bpizzle1

bpizzle1 2[H]4U

I don't want to sound like a white knight for this game (I did buy a code for it in the FS/FT section though), but can't we just hold out on calling it a shitty port until Tuesday? Sure, there's a chance nothing will change, and we can complain all we want if that turns out to be the case. Let's see if there's a patch or something first though.

10. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

A day one patch is already announced. Also new drivers atleast from nVidia.

11. TaintedSquirrel

Specifically for PS4.
    I don't think they've said anything about other platforms getting a patch. Not the PC anyway.

12. Godmachine

Godmachine [H]ardForum Junkie

You can count on a driver from Nvidia either immediately after release or during. Big games almost always get drivers with their releases.

However a PC patch probably won't arrive for a month or so. As usual PC gamers get the shaft. Doesn't matter anyway , from what I've seen on Twitch its a pretty underwhelming gaming. Very limited considering it was compared to GTA 5 , its not even a fraction of the size and their is a lot of recycled assets going on.

Even though I have played it and my opinion is entirely based off of watching a Twitch stream for about 4 hours I think this game in general is a pass at $60. I would probably grab it however for around $25 or less. It has some fun elements but it fails to live up to any hype it generated and Ubisoft really pulled a fast one in terms of visuals. I think between Watch Dogs and Aliens Colonial Marines (although Watch Dogs certainly didn't fuck us that much like A:CM did) I won't be trusting anymore presentations at major events. Alpha builds can be entirely changed to look like different games. Its still a pretty game but again different than promised.

That's what I take away from Watch Dogs so far.

13. TaintedSquirrel

Just curious, if I'm not seeing full GPU utilization, should I expect any performance gains from a driver update? At this point I don't think new drivers are going to solve this game's colossal problems because most of them don't seem to be related to the graphics. At least, not within AMD/Nvidia's control.
    The biggest problem right now is texture usage and that would be the game's fault.

14. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 2[H]4U

Do you get weird artifacting when playing.

15. readeh

readeh Limp Gawd

What is most worrying is that people haven't noticed that the game doesn't look at all like the early video's of the game. I could care less about how it runs and performs.. All that will be fixed, but the graphics has been dumped down from their original showpiece of the game and that won't be fixed.
    They did a Colonial Marines fake demo and hardly anyone noticed.

16. song414

song414 Limp Gawd

Anyone that downloaded this, there is a bitcoin miner hidden in the torrent copy of the game just FYI. Causing ppl's gpu's to max out and generate extra power + heat and cause system instability. Run malware bytes to confirm if you have it or not.

17. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

What?

Where have you been?

There was a TON of people talking about the downgraded graphics a while back and plenty of people saying "wait til it's out, it'll be better."

It was all over forums, gamespot, ign, etc.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780290

18. wonderfield

wonderfield [H]ardness Supreme

If you want something gorgeous and don't care how it performs, I suggest you get some nice wallpapers.

19. dR.Jester

dR.Jester 2[H]4U

Source?

20. Stanfiem

Stanfiem Limp Gawd

Torrent sites. Just read the comments also someone posted a link on the previous page

21. Mortuus

Mortuus [H]ard|Gawd

nobody in their right mind should buy this garbage crap port game with graphics that dont even look nextgen unlike the early e3 videos that look way better.....

[​IMG]

22. Elios

Elios [H]ardness Supreme

i want to know what happened to the car models o_O they looked great at E3 now they look like toys

23. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

If you also read the comments in the torrents site, there is a hidden bitcoin miner in the torrent.

Hopefully people checked before installing/unzipping.

24. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger [H]ard as it Gets

And with no day 1 patch on a game they illegally downloaded.... Smart people!

25. Plague_Injected

Plague_Injected [H]ardness Supreme

That does look incredibly bad...hopefully that is not the final product.

26. Stanfiem

Stanfiem Limp Gawd

That is what i was referencing. The bitcoin miner.

27. Godmachine

Godmachine [H]ardForum Junkie

Pretty unlikely that "thousands of bitcoin" machines got created. Anyone that pirates and doesn't take security seriously deserves to get hacked anyway.

28. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

29. Nelson2011

Nelson2011 n00b

^Seen some people prove that video is faked... also looks like it's not even maxed out, look like medium from what I've seen...

30. shifty68

shifty68 2[H]4U

wow thats pretty bad, hopefully some of this gets addressed, but i wont keep my hopes up.

31. caddys83

caddys83 2[H]4U

Damn shame.

32. styckx

styckx Gawd

337.88 are out

Game still runs like crap.. I tried the recommended settings for the GTX 690 from the Nvidia page..

Same old crap.. Great FPS but stuttering from constant paging off the HDD using High textures.

Your move Ubisoft..

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  33. dR.Jester

dR.Jester 2[H]4U

GeForce 337.88 WHQL, Game Ready Watch Dogs Drivers Increase Frame Rates By Up To 75%

Where the hell do they get those numbers? lol

34. styckx

styckx Gawd

Probably from SLI scaling (remember the last WHQL didn't have an SLI Profile for Watch Dogs) and not single cards. They aren't technically lying, just not providing full disclosure.

35. dR.Jester

dR.Jester 2[H]4U

Did they pull the driver? I'm seeing it advertised but its not taking me anywhere to download it....

36. styckx

styckx Gawd

37. dR.Jester

dR.Jester 2[H]4U

Thanks, snagged them from Guru3d.

38. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 2[H]4U

That's definitely not on Ultra settings. I play on Ultra with 4MSAA and it looks much better than that.

39. mdma11

mdma11 Limp Gawd

Tell us more. This has to be one of the most disappointing things I have seen in a while from a PC game.

40. Odellus

Odellus [H]ard|Gawd