Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by defiant007, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Ryoohki360

Ryoohki360 Gawd

Great I have the choice on pc to select whatever I want. I own a 360 gamepad since it was released on pc back then. Never let me down

2. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

You sir win the interents.

This is why I buy most of my games for PC because I have the option to use a contoller or kb+m or even both for different parts of the same game.

3. Mezner

Mezner Limp Gawd

Sims 3 isn't very fun with a controller :rolleyes: Then again, its not really third person lol.

OT: I feel like this game may be a bit over hyped like recent releases (Titanfall, Thief, etc.), but who knows, only time will tell. Maybe this will be the game of the year.

4. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

no...there are a handful of review sites which give excellent, impartial, non-paid reviews...if you're relying on GameSpot, IGN etc for your gaming reviews then you're doing it wrong

a lot of forum members are fanboys or haters so I would rely on them the same way I rely on professional reviews...just a handful I trust...people here seem to not give games a chance based nothing on the game itself but instead on which digital platform it uses (Uplay sucks, Origin sucks etc), whether it uses DRM (DRM is evil!) or whether it has the greatest graphics of all time (and give no credit to actual gameplay)

5. Troub

Troub Gawd

+1... Amen to that and could not have said it better.

6. TheSandman21

TheSandman21 Limp Gawd

If anyone wants to chance it with GameFly Digital, they can use their 20% off coupon on the game....

And by chance it, I mean the site is legit, but service can be spotty at times.

7. Dion

Dion 2[H]4U

Problem with reviews is they give scores. And people use these scores to determine if they want to buy it. This is why Totalbiscuit is awesome. He doesn't even label them as reviews.. Cause they aren't. They are information about a game. Which is exactly what we want.

Reviews are dumb. End of story. They are just a random guys opinion on why "HE" doesn't like the game. He isn't "YOU".

8. polonyc2

the people that are just looking at the scores are lazy...the number is the least important part...the review is about the game as a whole...what works, what doesn't, graphics, gameplay, multiplayer etc...labeling them as a review or something else is irrelevant...Totalbiscuit is reviewing the game but just calling it something else...TB is just another 'HE' telling you what he thinks about a game

like I said there are a few sites I trust...these sites usually mirror my opinions...if you're like most people and are just scrolling down to the last paragraph of a review or the final score then you're not doing it right

9. Nahawand

Nahawand Limp Gawd

Can someone recommend one of those sites ? that have non biased non paid reviews ?

and watching the stream above ^ game looks like complete shit on 360 can't believe GTA V and this game can be count as same generation Watch Dogs looks like a launch title on the 360.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  10. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

11. Blue_Scholar

Blue_Scholar Gawd

I play isometric rpgs with my Logitech G27, fuckin' rocks.

12. KENNYB

KENNYB 2[H]4U

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. Is this game as good or better?

13. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  14. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Wait you played Diablo3 with a steering wheel? QFT.

I tried playing grand theft auto with the rockband drum set. It went okay.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  15. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

16. CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress

I'm hoping that the experience is similar or better than Sleeping Dogs. I loved playing through it as well as all of the DLC.

17. TaintedSquirrel

18. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

So far it looks exactly like GTA.... he's just been driving, though.

19. Dallows

Dallows [H]ardness Supreme

Elaborate.

20. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

he just did some mission where he turns into a giant robot spider. that was pretty cool...

21. relapse808

relapse808 [H]ard|Gawd

I didnt see anything in that stream that makes me want to go out and purchase this game. Disappointing.

22. shifty68

shifty68 2[H]4U

It doesn't look bad, just another gta clone with a twist. but hey gta is fun and this looks like it could be entertaining. i will say i probably wouldn't pay 60 for it. but since i got it for free i plan on enjoying it.

also right at the end when he was shooting the car, it was nice to see that there were actually bullet holes where he shot it.

the only thing that i found disappointing was how crappy the graphics looked. well they didn't look too bad but compared to the E3 shots it looks like shit.

23. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

If Watch Dogs is as good as Sleeping Dogs I'll be thrilled.

24. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Heh so the "You are being invaded by <username>" seems like they took a cue from Dark Souls nomenclature.

Was watching a little of that Gamespot stream, and I gotta admit the game looks like fun. Not really interested in the "multiplayer crews" thing, I really play openworld sandboxers more for the singleplayer exploration.

25. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

The GameSpot stream did make the game seem 1000x more interesting. :)

26. mdma11

mdma11 Limp Gawd

Please let it not be the case because SD got boring fast.

27. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

I thought Sleeping Dogs was great. It was like a throwback to GTA San Andreas where the driving/fighting/shooting elements weren't hampered by wonky controls.

28. shifty68

shifty68 2[H]4U

Ya sleeping dogs was great. fun and engaging combat and satisfying driving, and a decent story. what more can you ask for.

though i will admit gunplay in SD was laughable.

29. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Funnily enough, Sleeping Dogs reminded me of True Crime: Streets of LA :cool:.

30. skizzled

skizzled [H]ard|Gawd

That's possibly because it was originally supposed to be a True Crime game.

True Crime Hong Kong.

31. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Exactly, hence the shades ;). I loved the True Crime series. Played the original on the best console at the time: the Gamecube :p.

32. octoberasian

octoberasian 2[H]4U

(Possibly spoilers.)

Conan O'brien's "Clueless Gamer" previews Watch Dogs for the PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE6OnFKxdi4

It's quite funny to watch, plus gives a small idea what you're going to do in the game. Conan makes the game look like GTA with hackers sans the prostitutes. :p

33. polonyc2

the most interesting aspect of Watch Dogs to me is the invasion of players into your single player game...reminds me of Dark Souls...if implemented right then it could be what makes this game great

34. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Latest videos don't change my view that this game looks incredibly generic or that the hacking ability is a scripted gimmick. I'm sure it will hit my pile of shame at some point when its on sale but only once I have cleared my backlog of other prioritized games.

35. quadnad

quadnad [H]ardness Supreme

I have high hopes. We'll see review numbers released soon enough..

36. song414

song414 Limp Gawd

already leaked on torrent sites for pc lolz. No wonder so many people have regular streams of gameplay going on the past couple of hours.

37. TaintedSquirrel

38. lilbabycat

lilbabycat 2[H]4U

Those look pretty good, especially last few pics. The second set made me cringe at the jaggies.

I wonder if any of the UI elements can be turned off?

I remember reading that one of the big name sites had a leaked copy a week ago or something, so they managed to get the crack done already.

39. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U