Warmish: Double/triple your ram on X58

Not too bad, wish it was 1600, even though it doesn't really make a difference in real life haha

acually thats pretty cold or at most a meeh...

DDR3 deals are crazy I've seen that price on quad channel kits with MIR's
As well as the same price on 1600's..

Keep looking and posting we appreciate it.

compared to everyone elses price on this kit; price is decent. This kit is selling for $85-90 at other etailors.
The deals are on the dual and quad sets, not so much tripple ch kits. Depending on the specific system; its probably better to get the dual kits and buy enough to fit the need.

You did good OP!

I'd say that's a good deal...I paid like $45 on FS/FT for a BNIB set of 2x3 GB DDR-1600 not too long ago. $60 for 12 GB is pretty good I'd say.

I have this set on a x58 sabertooth mobo overclocked to 1600 and it runs smooth would recommend it.
would buy me another one but shit dunno what to use another 12 gigs on.lol

8gb deals have been hitting 40ish for 1600 so this isnt hot, but its not cold either as same cost per gb, just a little slower, but if your on a triple channel system you probably already have ram so if its 1333 you already have its great

Holy crap. That's half of what I paid for 6 GB back when I built my X58 two years ago, and it's faster. Kids these days have it good...

I picked up two sets of the Patriot Sector 5 8gb 1600 mhz at Fry's for $25 each (after tax and rebates), was going to pick up a third set for 24gb triple channel, but they sold out :( oh well, 12gb is still plenty.

I'm thinking about creating a ramdisk, instant game loads ftw.

SSD works way better than a RAMdisk in my experience...Way easier to set up and no CPU overhead. I tried some RAMdisk stuff but the performance wasn't really as good as you would expect loading straight from RAM.

I think I paid ~$250 for my initial 6GB ... amazing how much RAM prices have dropped.

SSD works way better than a RAMdisk in my experience...Way easier to set up and no CPU overhead. I tried some RAMdisk stuff but the performance wasn't really as good as you would expect loading straight from RAM.

Agreed, not worth the trouble. Funny that the price per GB is now almost comparable! Come on, lower Flash prices, we're waiting for ya ...

Back