[warm] Monoprice mechanical keyboards, cherry mx black or red *new*

ahh if only they had media keys id be all over it

Looks like they have a Function (Fn) key with some extra media options on the F keys.

Unfortunately, it replaces the right Windows key and would be useless for me since I have at least one game that utilizes that.

What's wrong with the XArmour keyboards? I have the one with the black switches (U9BL-S) and like the feel compared with the blue switches on my other keyboard.

I have XArmour Browns and I don't like the keyboard. I have it less than a year and the LED lights on some of the keys are already dying out. Also the "light" will not stay on when you restart your computer. That means you have to turn it on every time you restart your computer because it wont remember your settings. When you pressed the key ALT it use to drag down the SPACE. I had to sand down the right side of the ALT button so that it wouldn't drag down the SPACE every time. The keyboard is just not good for the money, its cheap. I haven't replaced it but I'm thinking about the Corsair keyboard. Not sure.

EPICWIN2

Apparently that code will drop these down to 78 and 98 respectively if someone wanted to try them.

Decent price, but not too sure of Monoprice's quality.

Love love love my Das Keyboard though.

Hmm, this does not seem like a good deal. I hopped that they would be significantly cheaper. I would still go for a filko TKL or a leopold. Hell you can get a key cool (probably) similar build quality as the mono price one for about 65 bucks...

Although its a thing of preference I would not get mx blues for gaming.

What's wrong with the XArmour keyboards? I have the one with the black switches (U9BL-S) and like the feel compared with the blue switches on my other keyboard.

Nothing wrong with them besides the price. You don't really get what you pay for compared to Filco, Leopold, etc in my opinion. My Xarmour is lower build quality than either of my Filcos or my Leopold - it feels cheap, the caps suck (personal preference), and the keys wobble. If they cost around $60 they could be a good entry level board, but as their current price there are better alternatives.

Maybe, but not backlit for under $100... I agree the non-backlit isn't much of a deal tho.

Picked up the cherry mx black model, love that these are a little harder to push down compared to my rosewill with reds.

I have to say I had the backlit keyboard for 2 days and so far so good. The only issue I am having is with the USB ports. I can stick a USB thumb drive in and nothing happens. Can anyone else that has one confirm this?

I am still looking for a backlit ergonomic keyboard, have yet to find one. :(

Yeah, you can maybe get any two of those three, all three's gonna be tough. FWIW, I have fairly long fingers and went from an MS Natural 4000 to a Corsair K90 without issue, but I'm always using regular layouts at work and at school anyway.

Back