Warm? Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 27.5" 3ms Widescreen LCD for $299, FREE SHIPPING...

HitmanZ

Gawd
Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 27.5" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Model
Brand Hanns·G
Model HG-281DPB
Cabinet Color Black
Display
Screen Size 27.5"
Widescreen Yes
Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1200
Viewing Angle 160°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.309mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Response Time 3ms
Panel Active Matrix, TFT LCD
Display Type WUXGA
Connectivity
Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
Connectors D-Sub, HDMI
D-Sub 1
DVI No
HDMI 1
Power
Complies with EPA Energy Star
Power Supply 100VAC - 240VAC, 50/60Hz Autodetect
Power Consumption 100W Maximum
Convenience
User Controls OSD in 11 languages
Regulatory Approvals FCC; UL; C-UL; CE; BSMI; C-Tick; TCO’06; VCCI; CB; CCC; NEMKO/Bau-Mark
Stand Adjustments Tilt
Built in TV Tuner No
Built in Speakers 2.5W x 2 Channel Built-In Stereo Speakers
HDCP Support Yes
Features Kensington Lock
Mounting: VESA Standard Mounting Points
Panel Treatment: Anti Glare Hardcoating
Windows Vista Certified for Windows Vista
Dimensions
Dimensions (W×H×D) 26.4"x 19.2" x 8.4"
Weight 24 lbs.
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 3 years limited

7 hours left before sale dies

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

Deal dead, but for those who have a Costco card the deal lives: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11236988&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

Last edited:
i'm thinking about it. anyone have this screen? I have a 19" hanns g right now, and while i realize it isn't the best out there, i've been really happy with it.

i'm thinking about it. anyone have this screen? I have a 19" hanns g right now, and while i realize it isn't the best out there, i've been really happy with it.

Reviews are pretty high on this...I would get it but my damn university is starting and I can't afford anything but a half a cheese sandwich.

I bought three from there and love them. I knew I would keep them and heard good things about these LCD's having low amounts of dead pixels. I would do it again. And I hate Newegg's policies.

link died

Last edited:
I have one and would def buy another one if I had the money too.

Since then I have bought a 26" LCD tv (Panasonic) to use as a monitor and the Hanns-G destroys it in quality

I have two of these, both came, no dead pixels and very bright. with some basic adjustment in brightness, these things are quite nice and can't be beat for the price.

hot price but damn what a weird ass monitor size, 27.5"??

I have one and I absolutely love it. No dead pixels and yes, it is very bright but you can easily adjust it. If I had a bigger desk I would get another one.

has anyone had any long term experience with this monitor? From the reviews on Newegg, some people are having problems after awhile of owning it.

I've had the hannspree version of this for a long time now, and I am looking to buy another but they seem a bit hard to find.

I'm not sure if this one has it, but the Hannspree has a better stand (tilt, height, and swivel adjustment) compared to these. I'll bet these use the same panels, so I would recommend this to someone else and for the price its a really decent deal.

costco charge shipping
and tax
well i get tax rape either way since i'm in ca
Good monitor, i own one of this. Best price for the money

I've had one for quite a while, using it as an HDTV. It has no dead pixels, it's very bright (adjustable), the color is decent...I have to say, it's an all around good LCD.

The only thing that isn't great are the built in speakers, but then, what LCD has good built in speakers? Just hook it up to a sound system and be happy :D

The one thing I don't get is, the monitor appears to have an IR receiver just above the power LED, but it didn't come with a remote. Anybody have any luck getting the TV to respond to universal remotes?

I bought this monitor when it was $499 with free Shipping.

Best investment I ever did :) Not 1 dead pixel etc.

Dont hesitate to buy this monitor. Even at $339 free shipping IT IS WORTH IT!!!!

I bought one on monday when it was for 339 and should be here today. Ill let you guys know whats up.

EDIT: Just opened the box. No DVI input but does come with a DVI to HDMI. It has one HDMI port.

Last edited:
I have bought 2 22" LCDs from Hanns-G. No dead pixels and barely any backlight bleed if any at all.

Very satisfied!

I have this monitor. Mine only has 1 HDMI port on it. I've had it at least 6 months. Not a single problem. The built in speakers are nothing to write home about but do sound better then most monitor speakers. The display is SUPER bright out of the box but this is easily adjusted. No dead pixels and very little backlight bleed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again especially since the newer ones have 2 HDMI on them. I use the 15 dollar monoprice HDMI switch with my PC and 360.

I'm debating on getting this one or waiting it out on the LG 27"...

One negative about this monitor is that it does not scale to true 1080p or provide black bars which is a problem..

Last edited:
I've had one for quite a while, using it as an HDTV. It has no dead pixels, it's very bright (adjustable), the color is decent...I have to say, it's an all around good LCD.

The only thing that isn't great are the built in speakers, but then, what LCD has good built in speakers? Just hook it up to a sound system and be happy :D

The one thing I don't get is, the monitor appears to have an IR receiver just above the power LED, but it didn't come with a remote. Anybody have any luck getting the TV to respond to universal remotes?

How are you using this as a HDTV? Do you have a separate HD tuner that has hdmi out?

I got one of these with a stuck bright blue pixel right in the middle of the screen...next to my crosshair in most games, kind of annoying.

How are you using this as a HDTV? Do you have a separate HD tuner that has hdmi out?

I do. Mine is connected to a 2port HDMI switch from monoprice. My PC and my Uverse HD box connect to the HDMI switch. This allows me to switch between PC work and watching 1080i TV.

Holy shit J32P, that's one of the few times in my life I looked at something and said, holy shit that's entirely too much.

I'm jealous.

Great deal, thanks for posting! The only thing I wonder is if dual 27.5" is just too large to look at, and if the dot pitch is too large. I currently have dual 22" Acers, but 1920x1200 resolution is very appealing, at least until 2560x1600 panels come down in price.

Holy shit J32P, that's one of the few times in my life I looked at something and said, holy shit that's entirely too much.

I'm jealous.

Why? Should I get one more? LOL

But if you think that's too much, wait until I purchase my dual 47"-52" LCD's and put them up on the wall. One for my security cameras and one for gaming, movies, etc.(need some time and money though)

i7-920 OC'd to 3.8ghz(stock voltage)
12GB DDR 1600mhz(I run VMware)
Pimary HD = Intel X-25-M 80GB
Secondary = (2) 1TB WD's
Torrent drive = 640GB WD Black Edition
Dual msi 4890's
Antec twelve hundred case
Corsair 750 watt PSU

The monitor is hooked up to a media center PC with a digital TV tuner in it. Works great.

The TV also has component (YPbPr) input via the included VGA adapter, so if your set top tuner has component output, you're ready to go.

IOne negative about this monitor is that it does not scale to true 1080p or provide black bars which is a problem..
Check the monitor's settings. Under "Image Settings" you'll find "Aspect Ratio".

Edit: pics! :D
77477059.jpg

Last edited:
You can find the same monitor for less here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1434187

Cashback discount also available at TigerDirect (10%)

Sigh, it seems like this is brought up everytime these monitors go on sale. The Hanns-G and the I-inc are not the same monitor.

I own both! I truly believe that the quality control is better with the Hanns-G, the backlight bleed is less on the Hanns-G (they both have quite a bit of back light bleed to be honest). The Hanns-G is height adjustable and the I-Inc isn't.

I bought the Hanns-G open box with no dead pixels, and the I-Inc arrived with 2 dead pixels in the middle of the monitor.

That said these are worth the money and nothing even comes close to them at this price point, but I want to make sure that everyone is comparing apples to apples here.

Sigh, it seems like this is brought up everytime these monitors go on sale. The Hanns-G and the I-inc are not the same monitor.

I own both! I truly believe that the quality control is better with the Hanns-G, the backlight bleed is less on the Hanns-G (they both have quite a bit of back light bleed to be honest). The Hanns-G is height adjustable and the I-Inc isn't.

I bought the Hanns-G open box with no dead pixels, and the I-Inc arrived with 2 dead pixels in the middle of the monitor.

That said these are worth the money and nothing even comes close to them at this price point, but I want to make sure that everyone is comparing apples to apples here.
Ya i assumed due to the info provided in the other thread. On the flipside backlight bleed varies from monitor to monitor, and so do dead pixels, but granted they may not have the same electronics inside.

edited

Ya i assumed due to the info provided in the other thread. On the flipside backlight bleed varies from monitor to monitor, and so do dead pixels, but granted they may not have the same electronics inside.

edited

I think they may be very close, if not the same. I'm willing to open both of mine up and take some pictures to find out.

I just think that the I-Inc's have less stringent QA requirements. The height adjustment issue could be resolved with a simple base swap. Ie the Hanns-G base could be used on the I-Inc base.

Back