(Warm) 9800gt Low Profile + Rosewill 500watt PSU ~ $165 after Shipping

PyroHoltz

Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.159288

Sparkle 9800GT, 600:1800, core:mem speeds. Low Profile with native HDMI.

sparkle%20low%20profile%209600%20and%209800gt%2001.jpg

Rosewill 500watt PSU.

17-182-016-17.jpg

Combo saves you $25.00 but if you're looking for a low profile card for an HTPC, you can't get much more power than this. :D

tiny fans are usually too loud for good movie watching. I remember the ATI x1650 hdmi low profiles, they were destined for greatness, if the tiny fan wasn't so damn loud. any experiences with this card yet? I want it to be good, looks fun

Read the review and you can see that some Rosewill PSUs are crap.

some of course, but Ive had a couple 550s, similar model I believe and they were decent, one's still powering a Q6600 box for a friend of mine

I am actually going to buy this card in a few weeks for my Dell Optiplex GX620. Hopefully won't have to purchase a PS also.

sweet 18Amps!!!! i cant wait to kill that rail with 6 HDDs....

well, if I had that even in a low profile case, and you had alittle more room below it, just take those fans off, and put a 120mm under it, if not that, then , put some 80mm on that

so how does it compare to a normal 9800gt?
i like!

I think compusa has those "helper" psu's that fit in a 5 1/4 bay for 40bux.
Might be a nice option for someone running this card in one of those real small cases
with a nonstandard powersupply.

power handling is the most important thing to me in my PC.... This deal is ment for the cheap Build sellers that will likely mark up a computer like this claiming good stable parts...

I'll post a review of the 9800gt once I get the card up and running. Hardware arrived today and it's a good looking card. As for the PSU, we'll see how it shapes up. I'm kinda pissed at myself for not reading the [H] review on mainstream PSU's.

all i got to say is this isnt much of a warm deal, nor is it worthy of a "Thumbs up" for the thread, lol good luck with the PSU...

not to thread crap, but this just doesn't seem much of a deal when the product is horrible to begin with...

Back