warm~ 15% off all keyboards @ Newegg - 72 hrs only!

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Just use promo code EMCNFND98 - it expires Sunday at 12pm.

Some good budget boards (if you're looking for mechanical keyboards):

$93.50 after DC - Rosewill w/MX browns (also available w/every other switch type, most are $10 cheaper)

$85 after DC - CM QuickFire Pro w/MX browns, brand new model, has multimedia functions mapped to Fn+various keys and partial back lighting around WASD + QERZXC + 12345 + F1 F2 F3 F4 + Arrow Keys+ Esc + Spacebar; kinda funky but not bad for the price if it's as solid as past Quickfires

'Course if you want something w/full back lighting or you can live w/rubber domes under your F keys and Insert/Home/Page block, then the Corsairs I posted about in the other thread are even cheaper w/the current 20% DC and $20 MIR. Choice is yours, good weekend to get a cheap(er) mechanical keyboard tho!

AmberClad

[H]ard|Gawd
I could have sworn that most of these keyboards used to be free shipping, last time I checked.

Melon

[H]ard|Gawd
I could have sworn that most of these keyboards used to be free shipping, last time I checked.

Common practice of Newegg. They offer a "discount", but recoup the money elsewhere.

Shoprunner ftw. :D

steal

2[H]4U
I'd be a bit wary of the QF with browns, I don't think CM used the same OEM as they did (Costar, same as Filco) for their full size boards, so quality may not be as good as the quickfire rapid.

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
I'd be a bit wary of the QF with browns, I don't think CM used the same OEM as they did (Costar, same as Filco) for their full size boards, so quality may not be as good as the quickfire rapid.

Yeah, I heard that too, I think I read the keys might be mounted differently or something... Looks kinda funky with the half backlight and all the extra key functionality on top of the usual branding... I was actually debating which of those two to order as a gift and I think I'm going for the Rosewill since it's a gift for a non-gamer, more of a known quantity w/good reviews. the red bottom plate the keys are mounted to on it looks kinda cool too (even tho you can barely see it).