Warhammer Online Thread!

lol well the dest on our server are like a wave of death that sweeps over the ORvR areas, so when we have the upper hand I never let them get hits in, NO MERCY!

WAAAAARRGGH!!!!

My guild, Supplicium, picked Phoenix throne.

We are Destruction and there seems to be a nice and large Order population to fight... Now to pimp my guild!:D

:cool: SUPPLICIUM :cool:
OoS
Order of Supplicium

Darkness has fallen, the end is nigh
Of humans and dwarfs and elfenkind high
For a ruinous guild to being has come
Merciless, atrocious, wicked, loathsome

And voices of Tzeentch, Gork, Mork and Khaine
In unison portend eternal pain
To all those who are foolish enough
To dare stand in the regiment’s path

For it leaves naught but earth scorched and tainted
Where its members a-marching have stained it
And swaths of death at its majestic height
In wake of occasions when they join fight

Armour clad figures charge in the fray
Descending brutally upon their prey
Deathly dark magics in the air thunder
Tearing flesh of the puny asunder

As the first strikes fall, the dying a-wail
Invoke their godlings; to little avail
No Sigmar or Vaul can prevent the fall
Of every weakling to “Order” in thrall

Clarions cry of imminent doom
Enters the battle...Supplicium

Supplicii: Shattering the Chains of Sanity
Infernalism: The Path of Screams

As far as a warlock is concerned, mortals walk in a soothing haze that obscures the Abyss yawning at their feet. The infernalist refuses to remain blind, and he opens his eyes to Creation’s Great and Secret Truth. The insight drives him insane by human standards, but it frees him from petty considerations like “mortality” or “remorse.” Whenever he invokes the adversary within, a diabolist enters a Supplicium and plunges himself into the Void. In an ecstasy of torment, he reaffirms his Path and sheds another level of that trifle called “humanity.”

Roughly translated, Supplicium means “a sacrifice to the gods,” “punishment,” and “torment.” It’s all these things and more. During this self-inflicted torture, an Infernalist voluntarily cuts away a portion of his consciousness and sacrifices it to Hell in exchange for insight and power. It’s a dangerous thing, this demented Seeking; some Infernalists snap completely and become gibbering Marauds. Others focus on their inner hells and learn disturbing secrets from the folds of madness; returning to a semblance of sanity, they unlock a Pandora’s Boxes full of powers from the Underworld within. If and when an Infernalist recovers from the Supplicium, he commands a greater understanding of the darker Mysteries and leaves another part of his old life behind.

The call of that Abyss has a way of shattering one’s mind. Confronted with the horrors behind Creation’s comforting illusion, human consciousness fades and deeper instincts take over. During Supplicium, an Infernalist becomes a screaming lunatic or withdraws into catatonia. Locked within her own nightmares, she suffers exquisite agonies for the sake of enlightenment. Even after she “returns” to sanity, a noticeable part of her old self remains behind the Void. The specter of Hell forever dances in her eyes.

WAAAGH!!!
Welcome to WAR

Supplicium is open to all races no matter what god you spill blood for. We seek the rare dark individuals who can mix bloodshed with the lowest of rogues and mightiest of warriors in order to preserve what we see is ours...

We accept mature individuals who don't speak in tongues (l337, d00d) because we are not monks nor care to waste time trying to understand it when we have a job to do. Because we can not give a full-time guarantee on the behavior you may witness, we ask that you be of legal age (18+), but will accept young lads... and ladies... as long as they understand that we are not responsible for, nor care to be involved in, drama!

We accept both those of fable and lore... and those who don't care to entertain (RP'ers and non-RP'ers). We are a multinational community with regiments in the European, North American, and Oceanic theaters of conflict.

Among the burning forests of Europe, Burlok. On the bloodied plains of North America, Phoenix Throne. Atop the shattered mountains of the Oceanic, Lustria. Each realm feels our wrath.

Visit us if you too want to know the call of WAR.

Hats off to Mythic. This is the BEST MMORPG launch I have ever been a part of. Servers are up, things are going great, I didn't have to redownload the damn game to play. Bravo!!!

Hats off to Mythic. This is the BEST MMORPG launch I have ever been a part of. Servers are up, things are going great, I didn't have to redownload the damn game to play. Bravo!!!

Despite the 2-3 day wait for the EU open beta because GoA fucked up, it's actually gone rather smoothly I agree. And we've been refunded 7 days gametime for that so that's good. Hats off to GoA for turning it around and keeping the early access launch relatively smooth.

Server seem stable, I've CTD once and drivers failed and loading back up caused graphics errors so had to reboot my pc, but other than that, no other errors last night, very pleased.

Ugh, this is killing me! I went to 2 different best buys sunday and neither had preorder boxes. I also tried to order off direct2drive and it gave me the incredibly useful "unable to complete transaction" error way down the bottom of the page in small text when I submitted the order...sigh...looks like I'm waiting until thursday. What servers are people playing on?

Ok now that retail is here...tell me where are these extra high rez graphics options left out of the beta for being too large a file, but now in the official game ??

Please show me a side by side comparison of the beta and retail, everyone kept telling me on this thread the retail/final game would ship with much better graphic options, that the beta was already 10gb and it would make the download too big if they included the full textures or something. Is that true ??

Ok now that retail is here...tell me where are these extra high rez graphics options left out of the beta for being too large a file, but now in the official game ??

Please show me a side by side comparison of the beta and retail, everyone kept telling me on this thread the retail/final game would ship with much better graphic options, that the beta was already 10gb and it would make the download too big if they included the full textures or something. Is that true ??

When I logged in to create my characters today the first thing I noticed is slightly better graphics. The game has good graphics, I have no issues with them at all.

Yeah, I have to say, even though I could not log in for almost ALL of the open beta, when I did finally get it running and logged in the game was smooth and stable.

So I agree, great job mythic!

What we have now is the full game. No one has their actual discs yet but we're playing the final client for the most part. On Sunday, Mythic changed the client version from beta 4.1.1 to Retail 1.0. All I did was patch and log in. My actual game folder still says WAR_BETA. Most of the people that have been saying "Retail will look better" were either:

A) Confused by Mythic's crypic message of them saying"Our artists/designers have more tricks up their sleeve" or whatever it was on the beta boards
-OR-
B) Blind fanboys trying to do the fanboy thing for whatever reason.

This is the best representation I've seen on the boards on how the game looks with maximum settings. This game pretty much needs AA/AF because it looks much more amazing with it enabled. Mythic DID however fix the texture blurring bug and I'd say the did a fantastic job in doing so considering no one is really complaining about it anymore.

If you don't like the current graphics (which you've stated several times in this thread), there's nothing more we can tell you other than what we have now is pretty much the finalized version.

What we have now is the full game. No one has their actual discs yet but we're playing the final client for the most part. On Sunday, Mythic changed the client version from beta 4.1.1 to Retail 1.0. All I did was patch and log in. My actual game folder still says WAR_BETA. Most of the people that have been saying "Retail will look better" were either:

A) Confused by Mythic's crypic message of them saying"Our artists/designers have more tricks up their sleeve" or whatever it was on the beta boards
-OR-
B) Blind fanboys trying to do the fanboy thing for whatever reason.

This is the best representation I've seen on the boards on how the game looks with maximum settings. This game pretty much needs AA/AF because it looks much more amazing with it enabled. Mythic DID however fix the texture blurring bug and I'd say the did a fantastic job in doing so considering no one is really complaining about it anymore.

If you don't like the current graphics (which you've stated several times in this thread), there's nothing more we can tell you other than what we have now is pretty much the finalized version.

I am just a graphics whore, but of course GAMEPLAY #1...as long as it looks much sharper detail and better than WoW I will be happy. Because I run WoW maxed out 8xMultisample 2560x1600rez and it looks pretty nice still, but is getting dated looking.

I think there was a rumour that the final size would be 14 or 15Gb, I don't know where that came from or how true that is...

I'm fairly sure everyone that said about higher resolution textures was simply guessing at what the other 4-5Gb would be, textures make the mose sense since they're quite large datawise.

There are however texture LOD issues in the game which are known and have already been touched on and will be further improved for high end machines.

I am just a graphics whore, but of course GAMEPLAY #1...as long as it looks much sharper detail and better than WoW I will be happy. Because I run WoW maxed out 8xMultisample 2560x1600rez and it looks pretty nice still, but is getting dated looking.

Sigh...The game has always looked better and sharper then WoW and you still have never been happy. I was one of the ones who fell for the rumor of the missing 4-5 gb and assumed that would be the graphic options, I do however think the game looks and plays better then it did in Beta.

But like has been mentioned, if you didn't like the graphics in beta you won't like them now and you will be better off going to AoC or LoTRO if you like graphics. LoTRO has more pve and pvp content then AoC does so you might enjoy that over AoC.

I'm considering putting the game on DVD and running it at work lol. I wonder how well it will run on an ATI X1300

Sigh...The game has always looked better and sharper then WoW and you still have never been happy. I was one of the ones who fell for the rumor of the missing 4-5 gb and assumed that would be the graphic options, I do however think the game looks and plays better then it did in Beta.

But like has been mentioned, if you didn't like the graphics in beta you won't like them now and you will be better off going to AoC or LoTRO if you like graphics. LoTRO has more pve and pvp content then AoC does so you might enjoy that over AoC.

Tried AoC thought it blew, the graphics were ok, and I had it maxed out but the game just sucked. I am still knee deep into WoW loving my Level 50 Blood Elf Rogue, want to get him to Level 70, the Rogue class is the best, loving the warp speed attack.

I will try WAR soon, wait for more player reviews, and the mad rush to die down and servers to be stable.

Ahhhhh I can't decide if I want to pick this up yet. Just bought ps3, to much fun with socom. too much work to do, too many classes to NOT fail. ahhhhhhhhhhhh ><

I think the graphics look good for an MMO of the scale that it's on, I'm not forcing AA or AF yet but 2560x1600 somewhat partially makes up for that. If they can let us set a slightly more aggressive texture LOD that would be appreciated and really help with the overal IQ. Going to fiddle with the AMD control panel tonight and see how you force AA/AF, I'm such an AMD newb :)

I was in open beta and had too much fun. I loved my shaman, got a blue bow off a drop that I mailed to a newly rolled squib herder. The bow never showed up...

Anyway, it was tons of fun, waiting for the game to show up in stores so I can get back into the fray!

*Update done*

*Pushes Play*

Gotta love the mornings at work where there is that lull before the problems start! :D

You don't need a DL burner to read a disc. Any game company or movie studio is going to use dual layer discs by default.

Correct, but you DO need a DL burner to burn a DL disc, please go back and read a few posts up.

I'm considering putting the game on DVD and running it at work lol. I wonder how well it will run on an ATI X1300

Damn that'll be three dvds

You realize DVDs can hold almost 9GB right?

I wasn't aware a single-layer 4.7gb DVD could do that :rolleyes:

Who the hell has a PC that can play a game like this and not read a DVD9 format disc? No one. Thanks, move along now.

And not everyone has a DL burner. Thanks, move along now

OK, so for those who are playing this that play or used to play WOW...does the slower pace of combat bother you at all? I watched a gameplay trailer and it seemed really slow. But OTOH, I really, really want to try this game and like it, as I've been pretty interested in it for a while now. Unfortunately for me it'll still be a few months before I can play.

OK, so for those who are playing this that play or used to play WOW...does the slower pace of combat bother you at all? I watched a gameplay trailer and it seemed really slow. But OTOH, I really, really want to try this game and like it, as I've been pretty interested in it for a while now. Unfortunately for me it'll still be a few months before I can play.

The slow pace bothered me, I tried to like it, it just wasnt for me

The slow pace is bothering me, but its a different game, and a different style. /Shrug. Its a nice distraction until November. I'd say, maybe wait until they come out with a 10 day free trial of sorts to give it a go. Just so you don't end up blowing 50 bucks on a game you might not like.

It seems about the same pace if not a little faster. Speed is mostly determined by the global cooldown (GCD), like in WoW. The GCD is 0.1 second quicker than wow's classes (besides the rogue, which was a bit faster) so it feels pretty much the same.

All classes use 'action points' that work like rogue energy in WoW (regenerates over time, abilities take a percent of it). So in typical pvp fights you are furiously doing stuff as quickly as the GCD and action point regeneration allow. In my experience its more fast and furious since you have no mana to worry about.

Thats the pace of combat. The flow of battle is different than WoW, and slower when two unorganized groups battle. Tanks are beefy and can guard their squishy friends, healers are effective and hard to kill, etc. Organized play remains to be seen, but I've done a bit and /assist trains are just as effective (and needed to kill) as in WoW. Melee trains with healer support are very nasty in War. I did some aoe pvp groups last night (playing a sorc for live) and thats pretty sick too. While waiting for pvp queues we did pbae pve, like 10-15 mobs at a time, very fast paced high-octane leveling. :cool:

Sorceror feels just like a destro warlock, which I played for a few years. Pick a target, kill in a few shots, crit big and die fast. Already got the 'Accident Prone' title (100 deaths), its so appropriate.

I really don't know what people mean when they say slow paced combat. It seems the same as any other game to me.

I found WoW's combat to be much faster paced, more reactive in nature, and just overall much more responsive (UI implementation plays a part here). It's not bad in WAR, just not as polished as WoW. I'll be awaiting a trial in the not too distant future to see how this one ends up.

You don't need a DL burner to read a disc. Any game company or movie studio is going to use dual layer discs by default.

If you guys would pay attention and read, I said:

"I'm going to put the game on DVD and bring it to work"

then i said

"Yikes it's going to take three discs"

Nowhere did I ever say anything about not having a DVD READER that can read dual layer.

If you guys would pay attention and read, I said:

"I'm going to put the game on DVD and bring it to work"

then i said

"Yikes it's going to take three discs"

Nowhere did I ever say anything about not having a DVD READER that can read dual layer.

Lets just face the fact that if someone can not read and write dual layer DVDs they are probably running an old Athlon XP system than can barely play videos on Youtube :D

I tried beta 3.1 back in Summer, and game seemed pretty cool, BUT the slow combat pace really hurt the game for me. I am used to playing a Rogue-comabt in WoW and that character is warp speed attacker, and I really like that fast attack feel.

But WAR seemed like I was playing underwater while attacking. That was my only major gripe with the game, and that graphics are not that bad, really are much better than WoW.

Back