Warhammer Online, Order or Destruction?

Order or Destruction?

• Order

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Destruction

Votes: 64 71.1%

• Total voters
I'm going Destruction/Chaos. None of the order races do much for me, they're all generic fantasy stuff. Plus I like to play the bad guy.

I'm predicting most people will be playing Destruction, at least in the beginning. I'm worried most servers will be off-balanced and Order players will get swarmed in PvP. Can any beta players speak on side balance?

I freakin' love the destruction models, especially the Chaos units from Warhammer 40K RTS.. amazing stuff. Plus from my WoW experience, the horde (bad guys) are better in PvP than the alliance (good guys)

Well apparently nobody is playing Order, which is an interesting turn of events. In WoW, I always identified the Horde with evil and bad while the Alliance with righteousness and good and the stats showed most people playing Alliance. Admittedly, 6 votes is a small sample size, but this game may have done a better job of characterizing and making the non-good side appealing.

I'm predicting most people will be playing Destruction, at least in the beginning. I'm worried most servers will be off-balanced and Order players will get swarmed in PvP. Can any beta players speak on side balance?

lulz i would, but still bounded by nda. maybe those guys who are saying fuck you to nda, can comment on that.

but, im going Order. I can't say im surprised by these poll results though, from seeing other polls like these in warhammer alliance and other forums too.

Well apparently nobody is playing Order, which is an interesting turn of events. In WoW, I always identified the Horde with evil and bad while the Alliance with righteousness and good and the stats showed most people playing Alliance. Admittedly, 6 votes is a small sample size, but this game may have done a better job of characterizing and making the non-good side appealing.

horde isn't evil, it's just a different side. I think people are following the WoW pattern. MORE people are playing horde now than alliance because in many cases, the younger players are playing alliance while the older group is playing horde.

Almost all of my wow toons are alliance. I want to be on the other side for a change :)

Oh man, im going to be all alone killing fellow [H]ers upon release.. ;)

1 order , 9 destro so far @ polls

Destruction for shizzle. They got both Orcs and Goblins! I am a big fan of dwarves but their career choices don't interest me all that much.

The large polls about this trend to 60/40 destro/order. Destro is just so much more appealing...Order is really just there to play the victims. :)

If only it was Warhammer 40K Online. I would so be chaos...or Blood Angel. Either way, pretty evil, regardless of the actual faction.

If I decide to play the game, I'll go Order since I view life as something to be protected & honored. Looks like I'll be outnumbered though... 4 to 13 at the moment...

Destruction.
Chosen will be my class. Becuase nothing beats being a badass in plate armor with a big 2h sword.

I will go with which ever side is the underdog IF I buy the game. I am still aching from spending 110 bucks on AOC only to have it blow.
I plan on preordering to get in to the beta, then canceling my order if the game sucks.

I'm not sure, I'm going to wait and see which I like best.

I used to have a Dwarf army for the table top game, so that's my inclination. They look incredibly bad-ass covered in armour. If the Dwarves in the game don't capture the feel of how I imagine the Warhammer Dwarves to be though, I'll probably go with Destruction :D (although Empire is tempting too). It also depends on whether one side outnumbers the other a lot. I like being the underdogs :D

This sucks. This game is going to be WoW's PvP all over again. All hardcore'ers who play for PVP'ing all join evil, while the good side is mostly the casual and younger players.

When I quit a year ago, WoW PVP went as Horde dominating Warsong, AB, Eye, 90% of the time and alterec valley nurfed favoring alliance so they would win SOMETHING because the balance of skill of factions between the populations was non competiting.

I will be playing a Zealot or runepriest...depends on what all the other newbs I play with pick.

It's weird that so many are going destruction. Like WoW, I would expect most people to be going order because of the "beautiful" races, but it's not the case with WAR. Even in beta destruction seems to constantly have more people then order.

I'll probably end up being order if most are going destruction.

Leaning towards destruction atm. I will be playing one of the support classes for sure though.

Order since I like the classes better and I'd rather be the underdog this time around. Mythic will have a balancing mechanic in effect to keep it as even as possible. We haven't tested it in beta yet though.

The beta servers look just like this. Generally the ratio is 2:3. Most of the time Destruction has control of the majority of the public PvP points. However in the scenario instances, it's pretty balanced on which side wins, well except with High Elves vs. Dark Elves. High Elves get owned almost every time. :p

I personally feel that the majority of hardcore pvpers are playing Destruction, they're generally better organized and play as a team. I also feel like Destruction tank classes are much better than the Order tanks, but that could just be me. :p

i think i'm gonna go order. forsooth and avast ye feinds, hark back unta ye darkness ye demons of the night! for i am the light of the sun, smiting the horrors of the night back unto ye underworld!

or mabey distruxshun. all that goody two shoes stuff is kinda lame.

im going destruction more fun being bad!!!. i joined a guild also ......and they are going destruction.

Funny people call Horde evil while it is Alliance that are the evil ones if you followed Warcraft story at all.

Anyways, I'm looking to go Destruction, classes are more to my liking so far, but who knows may change my feelings in time.

horde isn't evil, it's just a different side. I think people are following the WoW pattern. MORE people are playing horde now than alliance because in many cases, the younger players are playing alliance while the older group is playing horde.

I know they're not, but it's easier to identify undead, orcs, beasts and trolls with evil than gnomes, dwarves, humans and elves.

I freakin' love the destruction models, especially the Chaos units from Warhammer 40K RTS.. amazing stuff. Plus from my WoW experience, the horde (bad guys) are better in PvP than the alliance (good guys)

If this was a 40K MMO I could get REALLY excited.

Destrruction... I love the Squig Herder I've been playing a lot in beta :). That's pretty much what tipped me over back to Destruction single-handedly, though I always leaned towards it in any case.

I will mostly be playing destruction assuming I can find a guild since none of my friends game anymore.

For Order I will play the Warrior Priest and maybe the Iron Breaker.
For Destruction I will play Black Orc, Chosen, and Disciple of Khaine.

whats the specs of this game? if i can lay wow on a p4 3.2ghz with a 7800gtx agp card, can i play this too?

Back