W10 Spring Creators Update- April 10th

• Ultimate Performance Mode for Workstations: PCs running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations can now choose an “Ultimate Performance” power plan. This works like the current High Performance power plan, but “goes a step further to eliminate micro-latencies associated with fine grained power management techniques”. This is only available on desktop PCs, and may increase power consumption.

Interesting how that'll actually affect things in the real world.

you would think that with all their internal and Insider Program testing that a bug like this wouldn't slip through...
Internal testing? They fired that whole division years ago, now customers are unpaid beta testers.

Consider that we are coming up on 3 years of Windows 10 launch and there's still constant bugs and patches, and patches to patches. High DPI support still isn't quite right, HDR is still broken, and they keep adding nonsense features that nobody uses and the list of bugs continually gets longer. FCU still has a PCIe resource allocation bug that doesn't let some motherboards use all PCIe slots - something that worked fine in the previous version (CU).

All the telemetry they insist they need from everyone, all the insight they supposedly scrape to "make windows the best ever" and 10 is a bigger mess than ever once you start taking a closer look and drilling down into things.

Last edited:
I'd love to see just one person running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. ;)

I just got a call from one company that migrated to Win10 last week. They're in big trouble with business software malfunctioning. Although I'm still suspecting their new antivirus, not Win10.

I just got a call from one company that migrated to Win10 last week. They're in big trouble with business software malfunctioning. Although I'm still suspecting their new antivirus, not Win10.

That happens all the time, the amount of important business software that just stops working when migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is unbelievable. However, in defense of Windows 10, OSX is probably worse in that regard - I was really pissed when my version of Parallels just stopped wrorking when I upgraded to El Capitan, meaning I had to purchase an updated version of Parallels.

That happens all the time, the amount of important business software that just stops working when migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is unbelievable. However, in defense of Windows 10, OSX is probably worse in that regard - I was really pissed when my version of Parallels just stopped wrorking when I upgraded to El Capitan, meaning I had to purchase an updated version of Parallels.
Which is why I stopped using Parallels.

Which is why I stopped using Parallels.

I really like Parallels, IMO it's one of the best VM packages available even when compared to packages on any platform simply because it's so well laid out and seamless. The only package to get close is VMware Workstation, which is what I use under Linux.

I really like Parallels, IMO it's one of the best VM packages available even when compared to packages on any platform simply because it's so well laid out and seamless. The only package to get close is VMware Workstation, which is what I use under Linux.

Yes Parallels is great, I just got annoyed with the version milking.

http://sihmar.com/windows-10-build-17134-1-info/

Windows 10 build 17134 (10.0.17134.1) info

Microsoft is now testing a new Windows 10 build 17134 internally. This build might roll out to insiders as final as the final Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. The new Windows 10 build 17134 (10.0.17134.1) was compiled on April 10, 2018.

As we reported earlier, Windows 10 build 17133(17133.1) was supposed to release as final Windows 10 Spring Creators Update to end users on April 10. However, the Windows Insider team discovered a bug that blocked the public release.

The software giant is now testing 17134.1 internally and soon release the new RTM build to Fast, Slow and Release Preview Ring Insider members. This could take up to two weeks. Now we can expect Windows 10 Spring Creators Update to roll out to everyone at the end of this month.

We’ll update the article as soon as we get more information on this. We’ll also add the Windows 10 build 17134 ISO files if Microsoft releases this build(Fingers Crossed).

I'm guessing those of us who DL'ed the OEM version will probably get some sort of update. Worst case, I guess I'll just download the ISO whenever it's available.

WTF? I just loaded windows and it fucked up all my browser settings. Was just uninstalling frickin minecraft, candy crush and all this other bs? WTF?

Is it this spring update that just owned me???

EDIT:

And some of my apps disappeared from desktop too?? Uplay / folders and what not? WTF?

Last edited:
WTF? I just loaded windows and it fucked up all my browser settings. Was just uninstalling frickin minecraft, candy crush and all this other bs? WTF?

Is it this spring update that just owned me???

EDIT:

And some of my apps disappeared from desktop too?? Uplay / folders and what not? WTF?

What do you mean by loaded Windows? Did you update or did you just boot your PC to find everything screwy?

What do you mean by loaded Windows? Did you update or did you just boot your PC to find everything screwy?

booted wins and all my desktop icons and half my stuff was all over the place and my background was the windows logo. I hit start and everything was like new and minecraft and all this other stuff ive never had were added

booted wins and all my desktop icons and half my stuff was all over the place and my background was the windows logo. I hit start and everything was like new and minecraft and all this other stuff ive never had were added

You gave your computer to Microsoft, now you reap what you sow.

You could check in C:\Users\ and see if it created a new profile for you. It could explain getting a lot of default crap back if it did.

Apparently the issue they discovered was Blue Screen related. Still no issues on my end, but sometimes things can be very configuration specific.
One feature I really like is notification-related. Rather than popping notifications up while you're playing a game, it'll give you a little alert when you exit. It says something akin to "While you were playing a game, you missed the following 5 notifications" and list them out. Things like news stories, Facebook messages/comments, etc. I dig that.

Apparently the issue they discovered was Blue Screen related. Still no issues on my end, but sometimes things can be very configuration specific.
One feature I really like is notification-related. Rather than popping notifications up while you're playing a game, it'll give you a little alert when you exit. It says something akin to "While you were playing a game, you missed the following 5 notifications" and list them out. Things like news stories, Facebook messages/comments, etc. I dig that.

You dig having Facebook integrated to your OS? OMG!

You dig having Facebook integrated to your OS? OMG!

There are still tons of people that use FB for things like connecting with friends or IM'ing. Online privacy is a myth to begin with. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Reactions: Void
like this
I'd love to see just one person running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. ;)

That is what my P51 workstation runs. Quadro drivers are fantastic and Solidworks runs great. VM's run just fine too. What specifically about this version is a problem?

That is what my P51 workstation runs. Quadro drivers are fantastic and Solidworks runs great. VM's run just fine too. What specifically about this version is a problem?
We're getting our mobile workstations (incl. P51's) with Windows for Workgr...Workstations now and it seems fine. Didn't even need to change any of our deployment stuff, it just picks up the license and goes. The sticker is shinier, I guess?

There are still tons of people that use FB for things like connecting with friends or IM'ing. Online privacy is a myth to begin with. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Nobody should use Facebook and never should have. It's a tool to exploit your social weaknesses and harvest data that can be used against you in unimaginable ways. It's not only advertising but collecting your behavioural data that can be sold to the government, banks etc. It's the big brother, only even more devious than in the 1984 book.

If you surf with ads and scripts blocked and purge your cookies - you can't be tracked effectively. I made the mistake also back in the day to get a FB account. When I started to see the 'facebook plugins' and crap like that it immediately opened my eyes. When GDPR gets active I'm going to submit a purge request to FB as a first thing.

Just grabbed this off windows update. i.e available
2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093105)

I ended up just joining the Insider Preview last week and then immediately opted out after it downloaded the update. That DL'd the final version and didn't get me stuck in the Insider loop.

Just grabbed this off windows update. i.e available
2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093105)

you mean the Insider Build or the standard Windows Update?

EDIT: this is not the big Spring Creators/April Update...this is just another Fall Creator's Cumulative update

I'm not sure as to what's going on right now. If I had some Jello I'd be happy.

I wrote about a customer having problems with Win10 earlier - turns out if wasn't Win10 in the end. Mysteriously enough the ISP was at fault. When using a symmetrical 1/1Gbit wan connection, database synchronization always froze to a certain database. At first it was thought Win10 was the cause because initially older Win7 machines continued to work but later testing showed the problem started with them too. The cause was hunted for weeks until I visited the customer and we tried syncing through another provider and LTE. And it worked.

I could never believe this could be possible, the customers wired connection has 4ms ping and absolutely flat transmission speed with speedtest.

that's one way to do it. did the ip watermark go away?

edit:
just installed this update on roommates system took like 3 minutes, was expecting more from the "big update".
whats changed page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

There's no IP watermark as this is the "final" version. At least supposedly. The IP typically folks get the final RTM revisions a few days prior to normal release and those come sans watermarks and IP apps.
The previous one with the blue screen bug was the same thing. There is usually a window where you can opt-in for the IP, get the RTM version of an update, and then bail immediately.

Back