VR Taste Testing Alcohol

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although this seems like pure marketing B.S., I wouldn't mind drinking a ton of alcohol while wearing a VR headset to see if in-fact the company's claims are valid. Okay, I would pretty much use any reason to drink a bunch of alcohol but this just gives me an excuse. ;)

For a new slant on enjoying the age-old pastime that is boozing, Scottish craft-beer brewer Innis and Gunn and rumrunner Havana Club have brewed up virtual-reality experiences that take you to the hallowed birthplaces of their unique flavours. VR fools the eyes and ears to take you somewhere strange, and the goal of these experiences is to fool your tongue too. By taking you to where these drinks come from, the makers claim you taste them differently.

The mind is a powerful thing...wouldn't surprise me if their assertion was true, at least for some.

Am I going to have to buy a headset to prevent my blood concentration values from getting too high?

THIS is the sort of thing that the Gear VR is really good for, passive VR experiences that don't require a lot of CPU/GPU power, but do require good head tracking for proper immersion (which rules-out google cardboard as a real contender)

I can't believe that being drunk while in VR would result in anything but becoming Barfy McVomitface.

That then add scent dispenser in and you win.

3108213-trailer_southpark_nosulusrift_20160812.jpg

Back