VR Jive Takes on Sky Sanctuary VR

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Our long-time buddy "Jumbuck" Johnny Gatt has some VR coverage from down under at VR Jive. He loads up Sky Sanctuary on a couple of machines, including this budget PC, which does not turn out too well. However he does have an MSI Aegis Ti (NVIDIA SLI Laptop) that turns out to be a proper system for higher scores. I have been telling you guys "Reprojection bad! 90fps good!" The video below tells you what you need to know.

In this weeks video I take a look at Sky Sanctuary its a Samurai training simulator available now on steam for the HTC Vive The creator Glitchr Studio have created a futuristic Shinto shrine type of environment (Red Japanese temple/castle) where you will learn the ways of the Samurai you will be trained with the Katana (traditionally Japanese swords) and the Yumi (Japanese Bow) you also get to play with throwing stars smoke grenades fireworks and play Japanese style drums.

Jumbuck? Why am I a sheep? :p OK you where right SLI 1080s are the way to go so I guess I did follow you..

Reprojection = Bad yes indeed!

Asynchronous reprojection for me is relatively smooth and virtually unnoticeable. Granted a constant 90fps should be the goal but now you can up the quality for the lower performing gpu's (AMD's) and choose which one you like better, low quality 90fps or better quality with less than 90 fps. The 45fps days are over - well at least I hope so.

Instead of 1080 SLI (unless most titles support SLIVR) a 1080Ti should be the gold standard for a long time. I can't wait to see the 1080Ti results in VR.

How did i not ever notice this game on Steam? It's the type of VR game I enjoy playing. On my wishlist for now but I'll probably buy it later today. :)

But why do all the games have to look like Cartoons?
Cause most VR developers are small teams of 1-3 people and hardware cannot deal with much higher and keep the 90 FPS you NEED. Some like to say Reprojection can help and it can if in only very short bursts, but it should be avoided like the plague. Reprojection is like stagnant pond water, in a pinch you could drink it and survive longer, but like reprojection it will most likely just make you sick if constantly used.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Instead of 1080 SLI (unless most titles support SLIVR) a 1080Ti should be the gold standard for a long time. I can't wait to see the 1080Ti results in VR.

Yes indeed, unseating the Titan X. Time to finally crank up the eye candy on VR titles.

Reactions: noko
like this
Jumbuck? Why am I a sheep? :p OK you where right SLI 1080s are the way to go so I guess I did follow you..
It was the only word I could find that started with a J, had an Aussie tie-in, and sounded cool.

Reprojection = Bad yes indeed!

Asynchronous reprojection for me is relatively smooth and virtually unnoticeable. Granted a constant 90fps should be the goal but now you can up the quality for the lower performing gpu's (AMD's) and choose which one you like better, low quality 90fps or better quality with less than 90 fps. The 45fps days are over - well at least I hope so.

In our VR testing, I will continue to keep 90fps as our standard for what "should be" in VR.

Back