VR Games With Objectives/Progression

PiERiT

2[H]4U
My brain is dumb and has a hard time playing games without an objective. For instance, racing games are fun for me when there's a career mode with championships and new cars and tracks to unlock (Forza), but not fun for me when all you can do is pick a car and pick a race and do that repeatedly (Assetto Corsa).

Another example, In Death looked like a lot of fun, until I bought it and realized you just kill shit in randomly generated maps until you die, and then do that same thing again and again. I was expecting something more like an RPG where you progress your character and get gear and gain skills and such.

I grabbed Beat Saber today and it's great, but I will probably grow bored of it quickly for this reason.

So, can anyone recommend some games with progression? I don't need a story per se, just something to make me want to come back to the game to get further and further each time.

Well sure, though I already played the originals (and DOOM) back when they were released. :(

Walking in the world is a totally different experience. Hearing voices of raiders in a house not sure where they are and one shoots at you is one hell of an experience. Having a Dragon land near you or a large creature battle you in Skyrim is a whole other experience, vastly different experience than playing with a standard controller on TV or Monitor.

I grabbed Skyrim VR for $34 off GMG; I figured that and Fallout are probably very similar and I'd rather play Skyrim again than Fallout. I'll give Orbus a shot if I end up not liking it.

Thanks guys. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

A few you can look at for progression and objective:

Space pirates and zombies 2 (best seated, since its a long game).
Simple in its design, but good VR implemantation. I found it kinda addictive. Its a space strategy game with story and objective that unfolds. You can upgrade ship from blueprint and items gained by battle and also by purchase in space stations:

Rooms the unsolvable puzzle (seated):
A decent puzzle game where you progress by opening doors and reallign rooms to solve the puzzle. A light, relaxing game, where you can solve some puzzles now and then when you feel like a change of pace in VR gaming:

Vanishing realms (roomscale):
Zelda like game, but on rails (aka not open world). A very good roomscale game. Not much upgradability (swords, shield, bow and wand), but you do progress to the next save point.

Skyworld (best standing):
Strategy game with campain mode from the makers of Arizona Sunshine. There is a demo out for this you can try before buy. Build, upgrade and conquer:

Kittypocalypse (best seated):
Tower defense strategy game. Build towers, upgrade towers, let the alien cat hordes get it. God view.

Elite dangerous (best seated):
Slow pace space sim where you trade, fight, travel and upgrade ships along the way (warning, takes long time to get into/learn and can be a bit slow for many):

Story: Arizona Sunshine, The Brookhaven Experiment, I Expect You To Die

Shooters: Bullets and More, Onward, Dead Effect 2 VR,

Fun Exercise: Gorn, Drunken Bar Fight, The Thrill of the Fight, Sword Master VR,

RPG: Vanishing Realms, Trickster VR,

I played Arizona Sunshine 3x. Dead effect 2 I go and play around in sometimes. Still playing The Brookhaven Experiment since I have not finished it yet.
I really love bullets and more and Onward. For exercise the games listed are pretty fun.

Hope this helps some.

So, can anyone recommend some games with progression? I don't need a story per se, just something to make me want to come back to the game to get further and further each time.
Elite Dangerous.

Back