Vive Sli?

Bravo25

Limp Gawd
Anyone with sli tried Vive in sli? I'd really like to know if sli works.

I usually keep my rig in SLI mode and haven't had any problems with using the Vive across a lot of games. No performance boost except in a few cases but no performance issues that I've noticed either.

I'm just debating on upgrading to the 2080ti when it comes out or if adding a 2nd 1080ti would be better. Which ever gives me better vr.

A single powerful card is the better option for gaming especially with VR where dual GPU support is particularly rare. Of course there will some case where dual GPUs will be faster but that's going to be a minority of situations.

Don't double up! For all intent and purpose, SLI for VR is pretty much a complete bust. There are literally less than a dozen games in total that actually support SLI out of the more than 2700+ VR titles that currently exist on Steam/Oculus. And due to a multitude of technical reasons, VR and SLI just simply don't work all that well together unless a given developer really gets behind it and actively supports it. If you have an SLI setup and it's enabled, odds are that 99.9% of your VR games you play are simply just using the one card your HMD is attached to. Like Heatlesssun says, get the most powerful single card you can afford and don't count on SLI at all for VR gaming.

Here's the list of the VR games that actually DO support SLI:

- Eve Valkyrie
- FlyInside (VR MOD for Prepar3D & X-Plane 11)
- Nvidia VR Funhouse (To enable SLI requires 3 GPUs - 2 identical GPUs and a GTX 980Ti or better that's dedicated to PhysX)
- Raw Data
- Serious Sam VR series (The Last Hope/The First Encounter/The Second Encounter/BFE)
- Star Wars Trials on Tatooine Experience
- Steam VR Performance test
- The Lab (Robot Repair)
- The Talos Principle VR

As you can see, out of the 2700+ VR enabled titles that are out there, this list is awfully short!

Last edited:
Nope. And I was being very generous with that list as four of those listed titles aren't even full fledged games... more along the line of tech demos/experiences. So, you can count all the VR SLI supported games out there using just the fingers of one hand.

Back