Vista Screenshot thread

currentdesktopau7.jpg

That's a sexy wallpaper. Do you remember where it came from?

thats the same wallpaper as mine. except i flipped it so the splash is on the other side :p

here: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=660

What is the better idea?
Get the Upgrade (Have Windows XP Pro) of Vista
or
get the full install of Vista

Any downsides to just upgrading?

Pretty plain and simple. For a Vista desktop. Wasnt sure if there was a size requirement for posted images.. but I checked the rules post and nothing is specified so heres my desktop in all its 1680x1050 glory.
vista.jpg

What's the program you're using for your music? I'm assuming it's not whatever SuperFetch is, since that doesn't sound like a music program, but what do I know. :)
Music player is Foobar2000. best IMO, very simple yet very good.

A lot of people aren't resizing their pics, so I won't either.

Here is my desktop in its full 2560 x 1600. I love having a 30" screen. :p

The bottom gadget shows my public IP address so I blurred it out.

desktop.jpg

left is 1280*768 right is 1280*1024

Originally had this:
a7f21fde.jpg

then switched to this (desktop earth)

back_earth_2.jpg

On the disk space gadget, for some reason my second partition won't show up, anyone know how to fix this? It only shows my C drives and when i go to options to add another drive/partition it screws up the look of it (for lack of a better description).
I've had that problem if the target drive was empty. If it has some data on it, then a reboot seemed to fix it.

I've had that problem if the target drive was empty. If it has some data on it, then a reboot seemed to fix it.

Wait- aren't you one of the trouble maker Vista fan-boys that doesn't listen to any "real" problems? You aren't supposed to admit you have a problem!:cool:

I got the image elsewhere, but Quantum has the right image. :D

Image size is 2560x1024. I had to Photoshop the image to fit the dual monitors at work. I think the original is 2400 x 1350.

nice thanks .. i wish it was 2560x1600 lol

Wait- aren't you one of the trouble maker Vista fan-boys that doesn't listen to any "real" problems? You aren't supposed to admit you have a problem!:cool:
And unlike certain specific people on the board, I was willing to take a small amount of time to figure it out. ;)

I hate to be a party-pooper, but what is the point of this thread? I understood it when Vista first came out and people were curious, because there were almost no resources on it. By now it is fairly well documented and even more discussed, with a plethora of information available- and most of it is better than single pictures to boot.
Why don't we have, say, "Post your Office 2003 screenshot" discussions? Because there just isn't anything interesting, novel or useful; people who actually have significant pictures to share create their own threads. This has degraded into a Wallpaper thread, and we have plenty of those.

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. Opinions?

I hate to be a party-pooper, but what is the point of this thread? I understood it when Vista first came out and people were curious, because there were almost no resources on it. By now it is fairly well documented and even more discussed, with a plethora of information available- and most of it is better than single pictures to boot.
Why don't we have, say, "Post your Office 2003 screenshot" discussions? Because there just isn't anything interesting, novel or useful; people who actually have significant pictures to share create their own threads. This has degraded into a Wallpaper thread, and we have plenty of those.

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. Opinions?

No! Its for all the people who have Vista to post pictures of cool stuff that is has so us people who don't have Vista can look at them [drool]. More pictures! :)

How do you get more than two HD's on the sidebar. Ive got 2, and several partitions, can only get two. I can change them to the others, but I want to show all at once.

NM, just keep on adding more.

^^^^ mmmm natalie

well since this is a vista shot thread i'll just show my overclock :p. best i can do with what i got. meh

untitledjq5.jpg

Back