Vista Screenshot thread

Here's mine..

thedonut.jpg

heres mine.. kinda mad vista doesnt let you span wallpapers across both screens. and the ati catalyst lets you but not in vista.. spshh.. im gonna sell my 2405 anyways cause im getting a 3007 so i dont care.

375038068_d5353670b9_b.jpg

heres mine.. kinda mad vista doesnt let you span wallpapers across both screens. and the ati catalyst lets you but not in vista.. spshh.. im gonna sell my 2405 anyways cause im getting a 3007 so i dont care.

Ultramon will let you and works great on vista ;)

Doesnt the new Aero interface feel different that the XP version. I got a little headache when I had Aero on. Ohhhh.....

It came with vista, it's listed as Notes in the gadget gallery.
As far as what gadgets it came with, here is a screen shot of the gadget gallery. Just subtract calendr, driveinfo, gmail checker, and uptime.
gadgetsjp0.jpg

Here's mine... haven't done a whole lot, this is enough for one night.

vistadesktop013007.jpg

Hey all!

Sweet screen shots! As for me, when I get Ultimate installed tomorrow I will post a few shots!

Vista uses tons of ram. I wonder what happen if a system has 4 gig of ram?

That is only partly true. It APPEARS to use a "ton of ram" but what good is physical ram that is sitting doing NOTHING? Vista sees this extra ram and uses it while you or your app does NOT need it. When you launch a program that does need more ram, Vista releases it from what it was using it for, therefore letting the app have all the ram it needs.

Vista and XP DO NOT use physical ram the same way. Stop worrying about ram needs, if you have 2gb or more, you have plenty.

its funny so many people have a bigass clock on the sidebar when theres a clock in the tray area already. :rolleyes:

captureoi3.jpg

I like that snipping tool. Just another thing that saves me a min per use.

Snipping tool? Comes in handy if you need to "snip" a specific portion of the screen, sure, but PrintScreen is still the fastest possible way to capture a (full) screenshot, and Alt+PrintScreen is still the fastest possible way to capture just the active window at any time.

Also, here's something most people probably haven't noticed yet: Paint, that venerable holdout from Windows over the years, now crops. Seems useless, but if you use it now, and you crop the image you won't get stuck with that huge "whitespace" effect anymore.

Hope this helps...

What is this snipping tool you guys are talking about? Also.. what antivirus programs are you guys running? I can't decide if I want to buy NOD32 for Vista.

Rapture,

If i could trouble you....were did you get that wallpaper? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I forget, but if you PM me an addy, I will be glad to send it to you. It (obviously) is a take on the old XP Bliss theme....

What is this snipping tool you guys are talking about? Also.. what antivirus programs are you guys running? I can't decide if I want to buy NOD32 for Vista.

I am using AVG Free 7.5. Works like a charm and is actually Vista spec'ed.

avast antivirus is the best av ive ever used. and its been compatible with vista for a while. and doesnt eat ram

Thanks for the info guys.. I'll have to check into those. Is anyone else annoyed by the rather large shortcut arrows? How can I get an IE shortcut on the desktop, that isnt a desktop shortcut? (I know there is a way to do this similiar to getting "Computer" and "Network" on the desktop.)

Edit, heres mine:
vista0107.jpg

Back