• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vista 8 core sidebar gadget...

I don't have any memory leakage problems with the vista sidebar...sure it uses some resources, but big deal...the info is great.
 
I leave Sidebar enabled as well. Run my Everest status from it. With 6Gb of ram, I just don't see any problems with it. Memory usage remains about the same with it enabled as with it disabled, maybe a 50mb difference if even that.
 
I always loved being able to free up 300MB of ram by closing sidebar. But it was still left enabled. :)
 
It's kinda cool to be able to see what's goin on from the sidebar, especially on Vista since ctrl+alt+del doesn't automatically open up the task manager (unless I am missing a setting somewhere).

This is a pretty clean looking app. Some of the ones I have seen do not work very well.
 
I leave Sidebar enabled as well. Run my Everest status from it. With 6Gb of ram, I just don't see any problems with it. Memory usage remains about the same with it enabled as with it disabled, maybe a 50mb difference if even that.

This. I love the sidebar. With 12gb of memory, closing the sidebar only reduces my ram usage by 1%, if even that much.
 
It's kinda cool to be able to see what's goin on from the sidebar, especially on Vista since ctrl+alt+del doesn't automatically open up the task manager (unless I am missing a setting somewhere).

You can always just right click on your taskbar and hit "Start Task Manager." If I really need to watch this kinda stuff though I just use my G15 LCD.
 
If I really need to watch this kinda stuff though I just use my G15 LCD.

Same here. If Logitech would ever just release the little LCD from the original G-15 as a stand alone product, it would take off big time.
 
or you can grab rainmeter and a skin and not deal with window's bloated ripoff.

for example:
wjhqokfnex.jpg
 
Ctrl+Shift+ESC opens taskman also

I have no problems with sidebar, I just don't use it.
 
anybody have the plugin in for rainmeter that lets it show the total file size that has been transfered to and from your computer via network

looking for the Network part of the tranquil skin that comes with it in the HUD version which is like the screen shot above.
 
I always run my sidebar, there are some gadgets that cause issues, but the ones I use are fine. I have it setup on my secondary monitor and Iv'e got a quad core+mem usage gadget with bar and line graphs. Network meter, slide show, digital clock, calendar and weather. I've got 4 cores and 8GB of ram, might as well put it to some use!
 
I always run my sidebar, there are some gadgets that cause issues, but the ones I use are fine. I have it setup on my secondary monitor and Iv'e got a quad core+mem usage gadget with bar and line graphs. Network meter, slide show, digital clock, calendar and weather. I've got 4 cores and 8GB of ram, might as well put it to some use!

Which network meter do you use?
 
Back
Top