[videogamer] Mirror's Edge 2

Final8ty

Gawd
Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at Battlefield developer DICE, and the game's existence is regarded as general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene, former EA free-to-play boss Ben Cousins has revealed on Twitter.

"It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE," he Tweeted.

The revelation follows an OXM interview with EA Games VP Patrick Soderlund in which he states DICE doesn't want to be known only as the Battlefield studio.

"The DICE guys are roughly 300 people in the Stockholm studio; not all of them are working on Battlefield things, and that's intentional, because we don't want to become a Battlefield factory," he said.

"The minute we start saying 'you're going to make a Battlefield game for the rest of your life' they're going to go some place else. So for them to make great Battlefield games there need to be other things for them to do as well. That's why we have people who move around quite a bit. And then obviously we have a boatload of people that just want to make Battlefield because they love it."
VideoGamer.com Analysis

Rumours of a Mirror's Edge sequel have been circulating for years, with the project said to have stalled, before re-emerging as a Frostbite 3 title. We'd love to see a sequel so long as it sticks to its free-running roots and doesn't attempt to become too action focussed.
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/mirror...oduction_at_dice_says_former_ea_f2p_boss.html

Hope this is true. Mirrors edge was one of my favorite games. Nothing quite like it

They aren't just thought of as a Battlefield factory! Don't they make Medal of honor too? :D

this should be good! hopefully they include some kind of level editor or something. The first one would have been great with that!

Frostbite 3? That doesn't jive with EA's statement that they want Frostbite 2 to be their engine of choice for the next gen.

I think co-op could be a fun addition as well. Maybe have some parts where you have to boost someone over a wall to throw a switch to open a door so you can get through or something.

Frostbite 3? That doesn't jive with EA's statement that they want Frostbite 2 to be their engine of choice for the next gen.

There is rumour of BF4 being Frostbite 3 as well.

Frostbite 2 might power other EA games, while FB3 is used for the next DICE titles.

I loved the first one, but we should be all be realistic and realized its not going to be like the first one. EA is going to make sure it's more "accessible". I'm certain it will have more COD feel to it.

if Dragon age the most sucessful bioware game there was, had to be more "accessible" for the masses i don't see how a so called slight disappointed like mirror's edge doesnt get the same treatment.

I loved the first one, but we should be all be realistic and realized its not going to be like the first one. EA is going to make sure it's more "accessible". I'm certain it will have more COD feel to it.

if Dragon age the most sucessful bioware game there was, had to be more "accessible" for the masses i don't see how a so called slight disappointed like mirror's edge doesnt get the same treatment.

Thats what i'm afraid of, i'm conflicted that i want a sequel to mirrors edge so badly yet i just know EA will screw it up.

I have honestly and sincerely dropped all logic, science, evidence, and reason to become a Born Again Christian in hopes that The Lord Almighty will answer my prayers and make this game happen! :D

Back