Videocard squeeks when I scroll

Coil whine is an annoyance but doesnt mean bad oarts. It happens. If you can deal with it youre fine.

Use the cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels like a stethoscope to locate exactly where it is coming from.
Thanks for the tip!
I used a mouse pad instead of toilet paper roll, and it seems to be coming from the PSU! Since this is a different PSU from my old PC, this noise problem is likely unrelated to my mouse Hz problem.

Try to disable smooth scrolling under system or in the browser

Control Panel -> System > advanced system > Performance > smooth scroling

I have a danish language win so not sure where it is under english versions
But google disable smooth scrolling

Try a different driver. It worked for me once on a 8800GTS I think.

Thanks for the tip!
I used a mouse pad instead of toilet paper roll, and it seems to be coming from the PSU! Since this is a different PSU from my old PC, this noise problem is likely unrelated to my mouse Hz problem.
I had this squeeking coils issue but only in one use case: when using madVR video renderer. Normally GPU utilization is near 0% and in games it is 100% but in madVR it is somewhere in the middle with card most probably having peak utilization for a moment and then going idle 24/25/30 times a second.

It happened on three different video cards and disappeared when I changed PSU.

I had an older card that did this. Was definitely the card not mobo or speakers. Could hear it with the side off and I was scrolling. Gone when I replaced it.

Back