Videocard squeeks when I scroll

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Coil whine is an annoyance but doesnt mean bad oarts. It happens. If you can deal with it youre fine.

Use the cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels like a stethoscope to locate exactly where it is coming from.
Thanks for the tip!
I used a mouse pad instead of toilet paper roll, and it seems to be coming from the PSU! Since this is a different PSU from my old PC, this noise problem is likely unrelated to my mouse Hz problem.

Psycrow

Limp Gawd
Try to disable smooth scrolling under system or in the browser

Control Panel -> System > advanced system > Performance > smooth scroling

I have a danish language win so not sure where it is under english versions
But google disable smooth scrolling

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
Try a different driver. It worked for me once on a 8800GTS I think.

XoR_

[H]ard|Gawd
Thanks for the tip!
I used a mouse pad instead of toilet paper roll, and it seems to be coming from the PSU! Since this is a different PSU from my old PC, this noise problem is likely unrelated to my mouse Hz problem.
I had this squeeking coils issue but only in one use case: when using madVR video renderer. Normally GPU utilization is near 0% and in games it is 100% but in madVR it is somewhere in the middle with card most probably having peak utilization for a moment and then going idle 24/25/30 times a second.

It happened on three different video cards and disappeared when I changed PSU.

sethk

[H]ard|Gawd
I had an older card that did this. Was definitely the card not mobo or speakers. Could hear it with the side off and I was scrolling. Gone when I replaced it.