Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

A great game. I enjoyed Redemption a bit more, but Bloodlines was still fun to play... if you could get past the bugs!

A great game. I enjoyed Redemption a bit more, but Bloodlines was still fun to play... if you could get past the bugs!

The bugs are basically long gone for the most part thanks to the community patches. I should track down Redemption. I never played it.

The bugs are basically long gone for the most part thanks to the community patches. I should track down Redemption. I never played it.

It's one of those games that I'm hesitant to revisit because my memory of the game might be much better than the experience I'd have replaying it since it's such an old game and the graphics are dated. :eek:

This is really an awesome game. I played it for the first time early this year and it completely took me by surprise.

you can get it on steam too. It is definitely one of my favorite RPGs of all time and I LOVE RPGs. Get it

Crash to desktop
Also when playing the game in the console there is lots of errors... re-installed and same thing. Argh, the joys of "old" gaming.

Nah, Windows 7 x64 on the rig in my sig... drivers are all up to date yadda yadda

Last edited:
I patched it up with the "true" Patch, I didnt have any problems personally. Everything went smoothly with my play through! :p

Nah, Windows 7 x64 on the rig in my sig... drivers are all up to date yadda yadda

Just started my Windows 7 x64 run through. Working fine for me so far. I have a DX9 card, so no hardware/software is trying to run it higher. Did you install DX9.0c? (yes, on top of your already existing DX11). Installing DX9 won't hurt anything.

If you already did that, then try running only 2GB of RAM. The unofficial patch should have fixed the over 2GB RAM problem, but it still worth a try.

I patched it up with the "true" Patch, I didnt have any problems personally. Everything went smoothly with my play through! :p

Trust me: Don't stop there. You're missing out big time if you don't upgrade through the latest community patch.

Trust me: Don't stop there. You're missing out big time if you don't upgrade through the latest community patch.

I second this. It fixes a lot of bugs, a few of which can wreck your game, but it also adds new character creation options to further enhance your roleplaying experience.

With all this increased interest in Vampire Lore, aka True Blood? Twilight, vamp diaries, camp assistant, I'm surprised we haven't heard of anything like this...

A year from now, Bioware could release a vamp rpg on the Dragon Age engineand gain maybe a new fan base of players who knew nothing about Bioware...

Oh yeah, play as Malkavian if you want a wild ride...turn up your speakers, you literally hear voices... also play a clan with celerity, one with domination, and one with obfuscation...

It's one of those games that I'm hesitant to revisit because my memory of the game might be much better than the experience I'd have replaying it since it's such an old game and the graphics are dated. :eek:

Nothing to be afraid of... There is still not a single rpg that is even close to achieving what it did! And really it doesnt really look that dated.

I'm thinking of jumping in on this since it is now on sale for $5 at Direct2Drive. I still have to play Witcher, Mass Effect and eventually Dragon Age, though...

It's an older version of the Source engine bro. It this game is dated then so is L4D.

I'm thinking of jumping in on this since it is now on sale for $5 at Direct2Drive. I still have to play Witcher, Mass Effect and eventually Dragon Age, though...

Heh, it's worth it. I was eagerly waiting for Dragon Age. Now that I'm playing VtMB again, I'm not waiting for Dragon Age anymore. (I'll still get it, but I'm not eager). I could care less if I play Dragon Age a week or two late after release.

Just get it for a rainy day. ;)

beats witcher, beats mass effect. Dragon Age I havent played though ;)

It's been about 2 years since I played this game. I played it a few times, it was great.

I like the warning sign on the gate; I think it was on the back of the box:

WARNING! Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Your loss. :D

Maybe Ill load it back up with the Unnofficial patch and give it a retry this summer! :) I have it on STEAM and its not installed right now. Now Im playing Riddick Butcher Bay. Then Dark Athena.

This is one of those games I have to visit on average about once a year like some old friend. It's that good to me.

I'm snagging it with the Direct2Drive deal, if anyone can confirm the widescreen patch will work at 2560x1600 under Win7 64... anyone :)?

I'm snagging it with the Direct2Drive deal, if anyone can confirm the widescreen patch will work at 2560x1600 under Win7 64... anyone :)?

I just edited the .dll file to get 1680x1050 on Windows 7 64-bit, so it should work fine.

Thanks braamer, grabbing it now then :D.

EDIT: Grabbing the 6.5 unofficial patch from Patches Scrolls as linked, do I need anything else other than WSGF's widescreen hack?

Last edited:
Hey, I remember this game.

The developer, Troika, had to sit on this game for nearly a year, even though it was finished. Valve licensed the Source engine to Troika, but part of the deal was that Troika wasn't allowed to release the game until Half-Life 2 had been released, since Valve obviously didn't want another developer showcasing their own engine.

Troika got screwed by the delay, because obviously you can't last an entire year in the industry without having an income for the dozens of people working for you - people actually do need to get paid for their work.

Piracy and hackers - what a shame.

This is one of those games I have to visit on average about once a year like some old friend. It's that good to me.

+1!! The atmosphere is incredible. If you like vampire lore even just a little bit this game can suck you into its world whether or not you're a huge RPG fan. It sticks with you even after you've played it, highly recommended.

On a scale of 1-10 this game gets an 11 on atmosphere. They nailed it.

This game is extremely buggy, even with the unofficial patches. It is however an excellent game if you can over look the bugs. I remember one quest I couldn't complete where I was suppose to kill this guy in his hotel room. The door would shut behind you in the room and you couldn't open it again. Luckily it was only a side quest, but it annoyed me not being able to complete that one quest because of a bug.

This game is extremely buggy, even with the unofficial patches. It is however an excellent game if you can over look the bugs. I remember one quest I couldn't complete where I was suppose to kill this guy in his hotel room. The door would shut behind you in the room and you couldn't open it again. Luckily it was only a side quest, but it annoyed me not being able to complete that one quest because of a bug.

Which city/mission? Could be one of the buildings with a ventilation system you can crawl through. Just a thought.

On a scale of 1-10 this game gets an 11 on atmosphere. They nailed it.

This game gets 11 on all sorts of things. It does some things so well that I have not seen duplicated since.

One thing people don't mention enough is the amazing soundtrack and how important it is to the atmosphere. The music is outstanding to listen to even by itself. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I'm begging for a sequel to this game, even if private modders or someone has to do it. I'd pay good money for it if it were done well.

I dont remember any game breaking bugs in the game for me.

I also go back and replay this game on a regular basis, one of the classics IMO.

This game is freakin' incredible... I don't know why I didn't get to play it until last year. I will probably go through it again once I finish some of these new games that have come out (and Dragon Age). This is up there as one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

VtM:BL is such an awesome game! I've played it through at least 5 times now - usually as Tremere.

Awesome storyline, awesome characters, awesome gameplay, awesome rpg system, awesome graphics atmosphere, awesome sound-track.

If you haven't played this one yet, do it now! Get from Steam or D2D and patch to v6.5 - enjoy!

Back