Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

The question is, what DONT I got in this truck?

Havent played in ages and I still remember that guy lol.

Also, when you go in the museum basement...you turn a corner and there is a goddamn fullsize velociraptor there. I jumped, and then theres a note on it 'damnit hide this somewhere, its scaring the maintenance staff'. lol.

And the newscasts in your apartment that change as you go through the story. And talk to you if you play the crazy guy. Such an awesome game.

The question is, what DONT I got in this truck?

Havent played in ages and I still remember that guy lol.

Also, when you go in the museum basement...you turn a corner and there is a goddamn fullsize velociraptor there. I jumped, and then theres a note on it 'damnit hide this somewhere, its scaring the maintenance staff'. lol.

And the newscasts in your apartment that change as you go through the story. And talk to you if you play the crazy guy. Such an awesome game.

I loved playing a Malkavian, so much fun. The dialog choices for them were great.

Malkavian is great, but not as your first run through. Malkavian's by nature are lunatics, so you'll be confused about the plot and what's going on. Never tried Nosferatu, but I know you'll miss out on a lot with them (but you would also experience the game in a different way than the other bloodlines).

sorry to thread necro here, but I'm interested in buying this game, it has subtitles yes? Steam has it for $20, i'm thinking of picking it up as long as it has subtitles

sorry to thread necro here, but I'm interested in buying this game, it has subtitles yes? Steam has it for $20, i'm thinking of picking it up as long as it has subtitles

Yes it has subtitles. Buy it!

ok one more question, will the steam version be patched up to date, or do I have to somehow patch it myself?

I tried playing this not too long ago but couldn't get into it :( Shitty, because it seemed like it would be a lot of fun. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I'd really really appreciate it if someone could answer my question, I can't google the answer since i'm at work :(

ok one more question, will the steam version be patched up to date, or do I have to somehow patch it myself?

Yes. Steam has everything ready to go. It's all taken care of. :)

When you've bought the game and it's finished installing on your system, you may want to consider doing this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733595

^^ The unofficial community patch is well worth it and easy to install. :)

Yes do yourself a favor and use the unofficial patch even if it's your first play through.

Also SAVE A LOT. Use multiple save slots and SAVE A LOT.

I posted this in the [H]ot Deals thread, but that's really not the right place. Hoping to get some advice in choosing a clan (& history), and even skills to invest in.

I've never played an RPG game more than once in my life, so I'm pretty careful when it comes to selecting a class and skills. I was thinking either Malkavian or Toreador. I know one is better suited for melee, while the other for ranged/guns. I'd prefer melee, unless you're better off with guns later in the game. I liked Toreador because it seems like you'll be well received by characters in the game, and can probably manipulate people due to this predisposition they'll have towards you. I could be off on this. It's just my impression from what I've read so far.

I don't know. I like being cunning, and persuasive and such, but I also don't want to be at a disadvantage in combat.

Any suggestions? And what about the history? I'm inclined to leave it at None.

Dont waste your money on this piece of shit. Even with the patches its buggy as fuck and its easy to get stuck where you can't continue.

Dont waste your money on this piece of shit. Even with the patches its buggy as fuck and its easy to get stuck where you can't continue.

What happened?

I haven't had bugs like that for ages with the latest community patches.

Waste money it´s one if not the best first person rpg ever made :). It´s only 5 euro on the halloween steam sale. I think it´s on gog.com as well.

You do want to talk in this game. I don´t remember it being super challenging. I did use quite a bit of gunning for my character. Toreador if I don´t remember wrong. Nosferatu or something like that where everyone hates you would just be depressing for me lol.

I play as Toreador, the point of playing as Toreador is to offer you a way to play through the game using your wits, rather than your brawn to finish it. It also opens up new dialogue options

I know one is better suited for melee, while the other for ranged/guns. I'd prefer melee, unless you're better off with guns later in the game.

In general I've found that blades do more damage than guns, esp since I got that sword the asian boss drops early on. Works pretty well.

Also, with guns you gotta worry about using up the bullets. ;)

I may go play for a bit now and check in on my new pet and see if she brought any more humans back to my place to feed on. :D

I play as Toreador, the point of playing as Toreador is to offer you a way to play through the game using your wits, rather than your brawn to finish it. It also opens up new dialogue options

You want to see something different? Play as a Malkavian if you haven't already. Downright hilarious at times. ;)

You want to see something different? Play as a Malkavian if you haven't already. Downright hilarious at times. ;)

I love Malkavians. It's the only clan I played in the pen and paper game. I did the questionare thing for picking my clan the first time I played Bloodlines and yeah Malkavian was easily what the game put me as.

True though maxed celerity with auspex makes you possibly the toughest gunslinger.

I love Malkavians. It's the only clan I played in the pen and paper game. I did the questionare thing for picking my clan the first time I played Bloodlines and yeah Malkavian was easily what the game put me as.

The community patches showed them a lot of love. LOL stuff, literally.

I just bought this game for $5 on Steam with the Halloween sale.

This is the first game in a long time that I sat down for two days straight just ripping through and playing from start to finish. I felt that the plot was enticing and engaging enough to keep you playing and the length of the game was well paced. I liked the fact that unlike many contemporary RPGs you didn't have to shoot your way out of every situation. I played a Ventrue female and when I couldn't Dominate/Seduce/Persuade my way out, turn on Fortitude and pull out the knife.

I also felt that this game is a very good introduction to White Wolf's Vampire for someone with no experience like myself and apparently it sticks pretty well to cannon.
Let me put it this way: this is one of the few games after I finished last night that I went ahead and tried to find more information on the Book of Nod, The Old Testament, and Gehenna source materials because it was just plain fascinating to me. Not many games do that.

Combat leaves a little to be desired but all in all, a game that despite its age and bugs, stands up well in my humble opinion.

When did Jack get the chance to put the explosives in the sarc?
Also, I don't believe the cabbie is Caine.

When did Jack get the chance to put the explosives in the sarc?
Also, I don't believe the cabbie is Caine.

If don't already know, there's a huge debate about the identity about cabbie. I think the original cabbie wasn't the final cabbie. I think that's accepted. Most hardcore fans seem to reject the idea of him being Caine, but if you look at the source files apparently you see Caine for the cabbie or something like that.

About Jack, remember when you had to investigate the Sarcophagus on the ship and you had to take pictures (or if you chose to kill your way to see it). If I recall the Sarcophagus appeared to remain shut though some carnage happened. .... someone got there first but supposedly couldn't open it. ;)

I just bought this game for $5 on Steam with the Halloween sale.

This is the first game in a long time that I sat down for two days straight just ripping through and playing from start to finish. I felt that the plot was enticing and engaging enough to keep you playing and the length of the game was well paced. I liked the fact that unlike many contemporary RPGs you didn't have to shoot your way out of every situation. I played a Ventrue female and when I couldn't Dominate/Seduce/Persuade my way out, turn on Fortitude and pull out the knife.

I also felt that this game is a very good introduction to White Wolf's Vampire for someone with no experience like myself and apparently it sticks pretty well to cannon.
Let me put it this way: this is one of the few games after I finished last night that I went ahead and tried to find more information on the Book of Nod, The Old Testament, and Gehenna source materials because it was just plain fascinating to me. Not many games do that.

Combat leaves a little to be desired but all in all, a game that despite its age and bugs, stands up well in my humble opinion.

I'll be honest, if even just ONE person bought it, completed it and liked it, my job here is done.

If don't already know, there's a huge debate about the identity about cabbie. I think the original cabbie wasn't the final cabbie. I think that's accepted. Most hardcore fans seem to reject the idea of him being Caine, but if you look at the source files apparently you see Caine for the cabbie or something like that.

About Jack, remember when you had to investigate the Sarcophagus on the ship and you had to take pictures (or if you chose to kill your way to see it). If I recall the Sarcophagus appeared to remain shut though some carnage happened. .... someone got there first but supposedly couldn't open it. ;)

So the suggestion is Jack killed the crew of the Elizabeth Dane and swapped/opened the sarc right there and then? Sounds like a major Masquerade violation as well as Humanity loss. Unless Ming Xiao got there first... but her faction doesn't seem to keen or aware of Kindred happenings... unless LaCroix formed an alliance with them in the beginning of the game to slaughter everyone on the Elizabeth Dane, at which point, why not just have them also steal the Sarcophagus?

My first experience with Bloodlines was when it first came out. My old GM bought it day one and I had a chance to play his copy. Bought it during the first Steam winter sale. I keep meaning to replay it, maybe I should do so sometime next year.

I'll be honest, if even just ONE person bought it, completed it and liked it, my job here is done.

Have you tried messing with console and getting people to join your game?
Sort of like the HL2 leak having "multiplayer" doing this...

What kind of dialogue options are unique to the Toreador clan?

Maybe just looking for some examples. Are they seductive, manipulative, persuasive, or all of the above?

What kind of dialogue options are unique to the Toreador clan?

Maybe just looking for some examples. Are they seductive, manipulative, persuasive, or all of the above?

all the above

You literally use the force of your personality to play the game.

What happened?

I haven't had bugs like that for ages with the latest community patches.

I can only assume the patch isn't installed correctly. Got stuck in the tutorial (door wont open), figured out how to get around it. Got stuck in the train yard after planting the bomb, no way out, stuck behind a door I lock-picked to get in, but it relocked itself at a higher level so I can't get out.

I read the instructions on the patch (very simple) and applied it numerous times, and still having issues.

Yeah that damn door caused me troubles, too. I don't think I had the patch applied to the VtMB directory at first.

If I ever replay, I will play as a nosferatu. That seems like it would a very different experience.

I beat it with Gangrel and am about 60% on a Malkavian. Scary how different the play through is this time. You have very very limited dialogue options with the Gangrels. I went full fortitude and protean (i like the protean effect).

With the Malk you talk your way of of most everything (especially given the Demetation options). And Obfuscate is awesome as well.

I can only assume the patch isn't installed correctly. Got stuck in the tutorial (door wont open), figured out how to get around it. Got stuck in the train yard after planting the bomb, no way out, stuck behind a door I lock-picked to get in, but it relocked itself at a higher level so I can't get out.

I read the instructions on the patch (very simple) and applied it numerous times, and still having issues.

Install outside the program files folder. Or are you stuck with that on steam? There might have been some steam specific instructions?

So the suggestion is Jack killed the crew of the Elizabeth Dane and swapped/opened the sarc right there and then? Sounds like a major Masquerade violation as well as Humanity loss. Unless Ming Xiao got there first... but her faction doesn't seem to keen or aware of Kindred happenings... unless LaCroix formed an alliance with them in the beginning of the game to slaughter everyone on the Elizabeth Dane, at which point, why not just have them also steal the Sarcophagus?

Yeah, they would have taken the Sarcophagus. And Jack had the mummy after all. It's Jack.... and Jack is Jack. He does what he wants to. If he didn't get caught then he didn't violate the masquerade. Humanity? well everyone can take a hit here and there so long as they make up for it.

Which ending did you see? You didn't see Jack's note at the end?

Yeah, they would have taken the Sarcophagus. And Jack had the mummy after all. It's Jack.... and Jack is Jack. He does what he wants to. If he didn't get caught then he didn't violate the masquerade. Humanity? well everyone can take a hit here and there so long as they make up for it.

Which ending did you see? You didn't see Jack's note at the end?

I saw the ending where they put the sarc in storage and the ending with Jack's note.
From what we know about Jack, he's a 10th generation Brujah vampire who in his mortal life was a pirate, which puts his Embrace sometime in the 1600s. Seems to dislike Venture. Killing an entire ship just to get rid of LaCroix seems excessive. Big Masquerade violation, as it was on the news and he lives just to let the Beast take over. Strange since my character was female Venture and you can bet I would have kicked his 10th generation Brujah ass with max Fortitude and given him his Final Death.

I got stuck on the door in the training mission myself, found a way around that but its been pretty smooth since then. I have gotten stuck on world geometry a couple of times which was highly annoying and cost me some time once when I couldnt get unstuck and had to go back 1 saved game.

I gotta smack my ghoul up, she hasnt brought anyone else home for me to feed on for a while now. Suppose I could just drain her dead but I'd miss her constant worshipping of me.

I gotta smack my ghoul up, she hasnt brought anyone else home for me to feed on for a while now. Suppose I could just drain her dead but I'd miss her constant worshipping of me.

She never showed up at my apartment. *sigh* games emulate life I spose. Accidentally spammed the gaming forum so I'll just bring my thoughts over here.

Man I really dig this game. I actually haven't run into any game breaking bugs. Smooth as butter that your asshole roommate left crumbs in. more or less.

the Story telling in this game is far better than most games of late. All the characters actually have personality. The fighting is fun(I forgot to put any points in stealth.). and I'm digging all the mystery solving you get into.

Back