Valve Slammed over “Horrendous” Steam School-Shooting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
While our youth dies these comments look more and more like immature nonsense. Guns should be bannned. I may sell my own in a pawnshop soon enough. I' ve changed a lot, the problem is guns, they need to be banned completely, permanently... Even then, with so many already out there i expect it would take decades for the problem to subside.

Call someone's comment immature nonsense and makes the biggest nonsense post of all. If you don't like firearms that is fine, but if you want firearms banned why not go and confiscate them yourself if you feel that's what needs to be done.

I know I know everyone wants to confiscate guns until it's time for them to do the job themselves.

While our youth dies these comments look more and more like immature nonsense. Guns should be bannned. I may sell my own in a pawnshop soon enough. I' ve changed a lot, the problem is guns, they need to be banned completely, permanently... Even then, with so many already out there i expect it would take decades for the problem to subside.

You have absolutely no matter in your brain if you think this will stop death.... you can't possibly be serious?!?!? Surely you jest!

So because it's in your constitution you believe everyone should be carrying guns? It says in the Bible that people should be stoned to death if they do something wrong. Maybe you believe in that too.

You sound mad. Maybe just a little jealous. Please stick to whatever shithole country the USA either saved or kicked it's ass.

So because it's in your constitution you believe everyone should be carrying guns? It says in the Bible that people should be stoned to death if they do something wrong. Maybe you believe in that too.

I think he meant actual history, not documents.

History in general has plenty of examples of people abusing power when given the opportunity.

Also kids dying at school due to firearms is about 20 per 100,000,000 a year. Is that really justification for banning all firearms, which would be ineffective anyways?

Last edited:
I think he meant actual history, not documents.

History in general has plenty of examples of people abusing power when given the opportunity.

Also given the history of mankind a third WW is more of a question of when....

Also kids dying at school due to firearms is about 20 per 100,000,000 a year. Is that really justification for banning all firearms, which would be ineffictive anyways?
So you think a bunch of ordinary Americans carrying AK47 guns is going to help prevent being taken over during WW3 or else during a tyrannical government? Are you not aware of the size and power of the US military? All the guns are doing is killing innocent Americans.

I know I know everyone wants to confiscate guns until it's time for them to do the job themselves.
You do know how gun confiscation would work, right.
We don't knock on your door. Instead, you wake up at 3:48 in the morning with a 45 pressed against your brain bucket. If you had a dog it was "silenced" earlier in the evening.
We ask for your guns and if you are dense enough to refuse your hand gets placed in a vice. You will then willingly give up your guns, your friends guns, the name of your mistress etc...

So you think a bunch of ordinary Americans carrying AK47 guns is going to help prevent being taken over during WW3 or else during a tyrannical government? Are you not aware of the size and power of the US military? All the guns are doing is killing innocent Americans.

I deleted that part because it was largely irrelevant but it WAS part of the Japanese’s logic in WWII for their strategy. We’ve never seen nations arrogant about their military might fail. Oh wait, it’s happened all the time in history.

I'd rather be shot dead with the power to defend myself then wait there and take it like a prisoner kneeling before a trench.

Maybe, instead of talking like a gun show t-shirt that's come to life, we should figure out why kids are being mowed down in algebra II.

The gun part is just a ruse to preoccupy people from seeing the true intent, they want children to die, abortion is not enough, they need really late term. It's why schools were made targets of opportunity.

What exactly do you guys want your guns for in the USA? You want to have some sort of militia? You're worried about another country trying to march in and take the USA over? I just want to understand the mindset.

Good thing none of you have any say over our affairs. You are clueless to why we need our firearms and it's perfectly understandable. It's our great experiment and thus far we ha e NEVER been invaded but I submit our natural born right to self defense instilled by our constitutional law has afforded us protection from both our own government from turning into a classic tyranny as well as foriegn invaders.

Hey man go ahead and put it to the test. Invade us please. If you are able to defeat our military of absolute concentrated power which I served in, then you must contend with millions of heavily armed citizens and I didn't say subjects. We are not beholden to a central authority of some other nation dictating what we are allowed to do even if there are many attempts. Until you disarm us we truly we have the means to fight for and if need be with great ferocity due to number of weapons the average citizen commands.

Laugh all you want. Our political left are the most weak and pathetic of our society and will be happy to become slaves beholden to a despot. But the there are those of use who say ... Molon Labe.

I said all of this on a computer geek site haha oh well whatever.

We don't knock on your door. Instead, you wake up at 3:48 in the morning with a 45 pressed against your brain bucket. If you had a dog it was "silenced" earlier in the evening.
We ask for your guns and if you are dense enough to refuse your hand gets placed in a vice. You will then willingly give up your guns, your friends guns, the name of your mistress etc...

Lol, maybe the dumbest post today. First they would have to get in my house. Second they would have to get around a 100 year old house with lots of creaks and somehow get all the way up stairs where I may have a few surprises. If they try the upstairs windows there are only two that fit a person. The others are half windows. So if you want to try that is fine, but please have your affairs in order.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
image.jpg

Good thing none of you have any say over our affairs. You are clueless to why we need our firearms and it's perfectly understandable. It's our great experiment and thus far we ha e NEVER been invaded but I submit our natural born right to self defense instilled by our constitutional law has afforded us protection from both our own government from turning into a classic tyranny as well as foriegn invaders.

Hey man go ahead and put it to the test. Invade us please. If you are able to defeat our military of absolute concentrated power which I served in, then you must contend with millions of heavily armed citizens and I didn't say subjects. We are not beholden to a central authority of some other nation dictating what we are allowed to do even if there are many attempts. Until you disarm us we truly we have the means to fight for and if need be with great ferocity due to number of weapons the average citizen commands.

Laugh all you want. Our political left are the most weak and pathetic of our society and will be happy to become slaves beholden to a despot. But the there are those of use who say ... Molon Labe.

I said all of this on a computer geek site haha oh well whatever.
Here in Canada we have also never been invaded. We also won the war of 1812 and repelled the USA.

You are correct that there is some merit in having an armed militia. I'm just saying it does more harm than good.

With our militaries so strong and with powerful alliances like NATO, I really don't think we have anything to worry about and I don't think millions of Americans carrying AK47 guns is going to make a meaningful difference aside from all the innocent people killed by the lunatics in your midst. By the way, why do you think crazy people should be allowed to carry guns? Do you at least believe in screening mentally deranged people so they can't buy them? That would be a good start at least.

Lol, maybe the dumbest post today. First they would have to get in my house. Second they would have to get around a 100 year old house with lots of creaks and somehow get all the way up stairs where I may have a few surprises. If they try the upstairs windows there are only two that fit a person. The others are half windows. So if you want to try that is fine, but please have your affairs in order.
In special cases like yours we wait for you to go outside. We're flexible like that.
P.S. The vice is portable, the results are the same.
Here in Canada we have also never been invaded.
No invasions, no school shootings and healthcare. Sounds like a horrible place to live.

Last edited:

How do you propose this be done? There are 350 million guns in the US alone. That's almost one gun per person. It's disingenuous of you to make this kind of statement. Just the logistics alone in turning in/gathering up that many guns is stupid crazy. It's just not going to happen, even in the decades you say. This is a knee jerk reaction that a lot of people take because "we have to do something". Think of all the guns in other countries that can be easily smuggled into the US as well. How do you propose we stop that? It's already illegal so obvious just passing another law won't do much. Banning guns is a good sound bite and sounds like an easy answer, but it would be ineffective at actually solving this issue.

Because of the political climate nobody wants to do the only real thing that will stop this. Lock down the schools and post National Guardsmen at each and every one. Nobody comes in without a thorough check for weapons. We basically do the same thing for all sporting events. And don't even think about getting a gun on a plane. But our kids, hey I guess they are not as important as a football game. A lot of the better inner city schools figured this out a long time ago and it is virtually impossible to get inside one without a thorough search.

The reason we don't have the political will to do this is because once the problem is solved then we have one less thing to stay mad at each other about, and we can't have that happening. Also, and likely a bigger and more insidious reason, is that the money will stop flowing, for both sides. No more pro and anti gun money from the lobbyists. These types of tragedies are unfortunately good for business on both sides of the aisle. It's kind of like coming up for a cure for cancer. It sounds great, until you realize that there is an entire industry built up around the treatment of the disease, not the cure. Once you cure something then that industry goes away when the money dries up. If we cure the school shooting problem then we have to have something else to offset the monetary losses solving that problem created.

I believe this is the first time in years I've wanted to see a thread just simply locked around here. The ignorance and hatred in this thread is absolutely astounding.

Time to cue up my favorite oldskool FPS and listen to listen to some appropriate music... but I digress.

In special cases like yours we wait for you to go outside. We're flexible like that.
No invasions, no school shootings and healthcare. Sounds like a horrible place to live.

You act like I can't carry a firearm outside lol. Also, you act line people don't have a 12 camera security system. Before you run your mouth if something is wrong with the cameras I check the computer which is upstairs first. I can then see people messing with the cameras from previous clips.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
We still had a school shooting, unfortunately. Just one that I know of during my lifetime though.

How is it that violent video games doesn’t influence behavior but we are outraged at a game?

If we have to look at morally questionable behavior we don’t have to look outside Hollywood and our entertainment.

I guess I can’t see a difference in this game amthan any other game that involves killing another depicted person.

Seems kind of silly to make a big deal out of this game

You act like I can't carry a firearm outside lol. Also, you act line people don't have a 12 camera security system. Before you run your mouth if something is wrong with the cameras I check the computer which is upstairs first. I can then see people messing with the cameras from previous clips.

Also, you aren't even from the USA? No wonder why you come up with some pathetic scenarios. Hopefully, when your country needs help the USA will mind it's own business.

Nevermind the military and police would be the first to ignore such a request lol. I guess antifa will be the ones trying to restrict peoples rights... even suggesting this is possible in the US is crazy.

Our surveillance, site survey and snipers noticed that.
Ignore the red dots on your chest.
P.S. I hope your pajamas have built-in level 3 body armor. ;)

Wouldn’t selling guns to a pawn shop make the problem worse? Your statement lacks logic. I hope you’re trolling. Besides causing them grief there’s nothing you can sue for... And this game shouldn’t exist.
You have to realize this man is coming from an emotional reaction to the article. I wouldn't really expect a whole lot of logic from some of the people posting here because they have a strong emotional response to this subject for some reason or the other. *shrug*

Here in Canada we have also never been invaded. We also won the war of 1812 and repelled the USA. You are correct that there is some merit in having an armed militia. I'm just saying it does more harm than good.

With our militaries so strong and with powerful alliances like NATO, I really don't think we have anything to worry about and I don't think millions of Americans carrying AK47 guns is going to make a meaningful difference aside from all the innocent people killed by the lunatics in your midst. By the way, why do you think crazy people should be allowed to carry guns? Do you at least believe in screening mentally deranged people so they can't buy them? That would be a good start at least.
We all obviously would like a better control over that. But you I am not sure you understand what that process entails. Here because that strawman gets very tiresome:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/gun-access-mentally-ill.html

The real narrative should be about how we have had access to guns for years and now we are having this issue. What changed, the guns or the people?

Our snipers noticed that. Ignore the red dots on your chest. I hope your pajamas have built in level 3 body armor. ;)

Lol please go look out the window and see your shithole country while I sit here and mourn the soldiers who gave their lives for my freedoms and to help shithole countries like yours.

Start by banning cellphones and cars.

Oh god, this argument. I have a cell phone, a car, a .45 Glock 41 (among other guns). Only one of those is specifically designed to kill people. BUT HAMBURGERS KILL PEOPLE WITH HEART DISEASE, GUNS ARE JUST LIKE HAMBURGERS!

Maybe, teach your kid that rejection is ok and a part of life.

Okay, that was this kid's problem. What about the kid before that? And the kid before that? I own guns, I'm for responsible gun ownership not not blanket bans on stupid shit (telescoping stock = mass murder machine). But honestly, there's got to be a point at which we look at this violence and start to try to figure out how to prevent it. Other countries have figured it out, our situation is relatively unique for not being a third world shithole. So let's do something about it instead of sitting around and being like, "Eh, all these dead kids is just the price of MUH FREEDOM."

Lol please go look out the window and see your shithole country while I sit here and mourn the soldiers who gave their lives for my freedoms and to help shithole countries like yours.
I live in Texas, it's not a separate country yet. You may want to read up on some history.

More kids have died studying home-ec than soldiers have died in the field. http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...ore-students-been-killed-schools-soldiers-co/
Make sure you save some of that mourning for them. kthnx

You are correct that there is some merit in having an armed militia. I'm just saying it does more harm than good.

The ignorance is strong in this one....which is no surprise really...most anti gunners know fuck all about actual gun laws.

This is the exact reason why people will never give up guns willingly. When you post stupid shit like this you only further solidify in a gun owner's mind that they have to protect themselves and their families from fascists like yourself. Someone coming into a person's home in the middle of the night with a weapon is a gun owner's worst nightmare and one of the main arguments against gun control. I'm not sure what you intended by posting that other than to intimidate, but you are trying to intimidate an entire group of people who will point to your exact post and say "See! This guy is the bad guy that the good guy with a gun needs to stop!".

You are making their argument for them, do you not see that?

Steam is going to get shut down yet they need a better filter for games I don't want to lose my collection due to this BS.

More kids under the age of 12 die in swimming pools each year than are killed by guns, yet I've never heard of a push for a swimming pool ban.

This is not about deaths but about control. If you look at who is pushing a gun ban you will also see who in our government is trying to control all facets of our lives. A well armed American populace will never bow to tyranny. We fought for our freedom. It was not given to us.

The producer of this game is a dirt bag. Steam needs to spend a little more time looking at the content of games it offers and decide if this is the kind of product they want to be associated with.

More kids under the age of 12 die in swimming pools each year than are killed by guns, yet I've never heard of a push for a swimming pool ban.

This is not about deaths but about control. If you look at who is pushing a gun ban you will also see who in our government is trying to control all facets of our lives. A well armed American populace will never bow to tyranny. We fought for our freedom. It was not given to us.

Well, when kids fall into water and die, we call that an accident. When the water comes to them and drowns them, we build levees. I can't even get into how ridiculous it is to compare pools to guns when it comes to how they kill people.

And yeah, it's about control. It's about controlling highly lethal, advanced instruments of killing. I said it before: I'm for gun ownership, I'm for being responsible with weapons. But this shit is out of control, even if overall violence is on the decline.

Also, re: the whole well-armed militia thing... that's just not going to work anymore. The government has power and capability well beyond anything the populace could muster up. Iraq and Afghanistan have some of the laxest gun laws in the world (lol) and the full might of the US armed forces still rolled over them. Pockets of resistance, still, and terrorism, but it did not work out like 1776 for those boys.

No one is forcing people to buy the game. If you're offended by it, don't buy it.

If you think it's going to turn kids into murders, look how well banning things works out... like drugs, gun free zones, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back