Valve Slammed over “Horrendous” Steam School-Shooting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gun nuts are really aggressive and you add absolutely nothing to the discussion aside from your vitriol. It makes sense seeing as innocent deaths clearly mean nothing to you.
I do not own any guns nor do I care one bit about them. Thanks though for reaffirming what I thought about your mental state.

Just answer my question. Are mentally deranged people allowed to buy guns in the USA, or not?

Of course not. And of course there are laws against it. Take Parkland, FL. Entirely preventable - the perp should have never passed the background check. The problem is the local cops and the school didn't follow through on his crap because they wanted their stats to look good.

Laws do fuck all to prevent things. People taking action is what prevents things. That's what gun ownership in the US is all about. If I want to own a firearm to protect me or my family, that should be my choice. Whether it makes someone else uncomfortable is not my concern.

If gun ownership isn't that big of a deal, then I think all people who want to take away others guns should have to prominently display that they are proudly a gun free home.

Put up or shut up.

It will take a politician with balls to blame the only thing that actually causes school shootings, the gun.

Jim, what fantasy world do you live in where you think the gun magically loads itself, pulls its own trigger & commits murders?

Also, Politician with Balls? Ha! They barley can stand up strait!

Agreed. Assault weapons have no place in our culture.
What is an assault weapon?
Automatic weapons are for terrorists, the utterly irrational, Law Enforcement and those in the Armed Services.
Okay? No one is arguing for automatic weapons although you can get one provided you jump through all the hurdles to get one such as a pre-ban 86 automatic, $20,000+, a NFA stamp, yearly audits by the ATF, etc.
Single fire and 3 round burst weapons are choice for war
Why are you combining a semi-automatic function with an automatic function?
because trigger control, weapon preservation and preventing weapon malfunction on the battle field are paramount.
Same for any firearm owner in the United States.
A well armed militia is the U.S. Army, the mother of the Armed Services, and it was created by George Washington.
You clearly miss George Mason's definition of the militia "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." and the United States Code that defines what is the militia. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246 Now why did I bring up George Mason? He is the writer of the Virginia Declaration of Rights which provided the basis for the Bill of Rights in our United States Constitution. So people do credit him as being the father of the Bill of Rights.
All other groups of armed "militias" today are nothing more than thugs with guns because they are not sworn in or taken the Oath and this means they accountable to no one.
Thugs? Really? So any male who has not taken an oath but carries a firearm for personal protection is a thug?
Further more if there is a revolution in this country, haha, there is nothing in the Constitution that instructs us on how to rebuild the government or our society.
As intended. Originally we were supposed to replace our government often but that never happened.
The Constitution guarantees what we have today and not what anyone group thinks it should be after its all torn down. Volunteer to protect your country today! Its a great ride and they have all the best guns... man, I loved shooting the .50 cal at tanks and armored vehicles but meh I digress.
Okay?

i'm sure the UK has better things to worry about than US school shootings.

best to not shit in other peoples yards when your yard is literally all shit.
Sorry if this was already covered, but if my yard was already all shit, I'd have no where else to go except other people's yards...I can't accept and clean up my own mess, it's beyond control, so the only logical answer is to mess up the party for everyone else to make my mess look normal.

Man, doesn't really say a lot about the US armed forces if a bunch of citizens with small arms pose a threat to one of the largest, most well-armed, and most advanced military forces on the planet. But hey, if you have the ability to deploy a highly-trained and formidable fighting force anywhere on the planet within hours, maybe I'm the one that's wrong.

You don't understand anything about our military. Our military is 100% volunteer and they/we take an oath to support and defend our constitution and bill of rights from all enemies foreign and domestic. You as typical with all non Americans do not understand that we are absolutwly unique in the world. I have absolutely no fear of my brothers in the military and I know if we face a tyranny of our very own government I would be right there alongside them fighting to defend our families and countrymens liberty. Again something a non American has no concept of and I forgive you all for it as you just don't understand.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...g-school-shootings-its-guns-not-mental-health
The profile of your average shooter angry, aggressive, marginalized, isolated, and having access to firearms.
The Secret Service concluded, this profile characterizes so many millions of adolescents and young adults, that we can never predict who is going to take murderous action. Mental health is easy to see as the target of root cause and preventative efforts. But it misses the boat.

What we need is less firearms.
Less firearms in the hands of these people, not the law abiding citizens. Fixed that for you.

What is an assault weapon?
Okay? No one is arguing for automatic weapons although you can get one provided you jump through all the hurdles to get one such as a pre-ban 86 automatic, $20,000+, a NFA stamp, yearly audits by the ATF, etc.
Why are you combining a semi-automatic function with an automatic function?
Same for any firearm owner in the United States.
You clearly miss George Mason's definition of the militia "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." and the United States Code that defines what is the militia. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246 Now why did I bring up George Mason? He is the writer of the Virginia Declaration of Rights which provided the basis for the Bill of Rights in our United States Constitution. So people do credit him as being the father of the Bill of Rights.
Thugs? Really? So any male who has not taken an oath but carries a firearm for personal protection is a thug?
As intended. Originally we were supposed to replace our government often but that never happened.
Okay?
Assault weapon is a military grade weapon, IMO.?

A weapon that can fire fully automatic. The ones civilians have fire semi-auto and fire just the same as a handgun.
Oh! So an automatic weapon then. Say that then. Don't play word games. Then why are people calling weapons like the AR-15 "assault weapons" then since we've established that assault weapon = military grade weapon = automatic weapon.

Oh! So an automatic weapon then. Say that then. Don't play word games. Then why are people calling weapons like the AR-15 "assault weapons" then since we've established that assault weapon = military grade weapon = automatic weapon.
So that it sounds big and mean. Hunting rifles look like crap compared to a done up gun, yet they are the same, shoot the same, etc.

EDIT: A handgun would then be an assault weapon, since it can hold just as much ammo, and fire just as fast.

So because it's in your constitution you believe everyone should be carrying guns? It says in the Bible that people should be stoned to death if they do something wrong. Maybe you believe in that too.

One of these is a real, legal document. The other, not so much. Of course you would have needed to put some thought into that before letting your fingers type something that idiotic.

Good thing none of you have any say over our affairs. You are clueless...

This. Some idiot is told something and is too lazy to put actual research in it, and suddenly think they're an expect on the topic.

Like those fools who live in the UK or Australia who run their mouth off at how they banned guns (they didn't) and that gun bans work. Tell that to all the illegal shops making illegal firearms. Like these machine pistols up in Quebec.

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...-submachine-gun-factory-operating-in-Montreal

So that it sounds big and mean. Hunting rifles look like crap compared to a done up gun, yet they are the same, shoot the same, etc.
A done up gun? What?

A Marlin rifle for example is fantastic. Hell, I'd love a M1 Garand. There's a ton of gun owners that enjoys the wooden stock look just as much as they enjoy the composite / all-metal look.

A done up gun? What?

A Marlin rifle for example is fantastic. Hell, I'd love a M1 Garand. There's a ton of gun owners that enjoys the wooden stock look just as much as they enjoy the composite / all-metal look.
There are AR-15's that look like some hunting rifle that is docile and tame. Then you have the done up ones in all black looking sweet and ready to kill.
But both are the exact same thing. You don't see them putting a picture of the cheap and docile looking ones, because they are not scary looking.

You originally were replying to Crosshair which then rolled onto another person and out the came insult from you accusing them of not caring about deaths. You see, I can actually read threads.
If you are actually capable of comprehending what you read then the next step is for you to actually be honest.

There are AR-15's that look like some hunting rifle that is docile and tame. Then you have the done up ones in all black looking sweet and ready to kill.
But both are the exact same thing. You don't see them putting a picture of the cheap and docile looking ones, because they are not scary looking.
All firearms are "ready to kill".

If you are actually capable of comprehending what you read then the next step is for you to actually be honest.
Hey at least you're still doing the insult game just as I told you that you were doing. I mean you have zero self-awareness.

I want you to prove this
It makes sense seeing as innocent deaths clearly mean nothing to you.

Make it so that if someone is mentally deranged it will show up on a background check. I will stay in Canada. But you cannot silence me. I don't care if you work for the site. Insult me more if you want as well. It just makes you look bad. If you had a leg to stand on debate wise maybe you would get somewhere.
I'm going to break this down for you. It is already a FEDERAL LAW in the United States that anyone found to be mentally adjudicated cannot own a firearm. That is explicitly stated on the Form 4473.

mentally.PNG

mentally1.PNG

And if you are cataloged in NICS as a "mental defective", you will be denied a firearm as the law requires.

So Crosshair did have a leg to stand on because he knows the law. Unfortunately, you did not know the law in the United States governing the "mental defective". You accused him of insulting you when he did nothing of the sort. As he said, stay in Canada if you don't like how the laws are in the United States are governing the "mental defective". I get that you want to be the person playing victim here and then turn around accuse people of not caring about deaths without any proof.

I'm going to break this down for you. It is already a FEDERAL LAW in the United States that anyone found to be mentally adjudicated cannot own a firearm. That is explicitly stated on the Form 4473.

View attachment 77103
View attachment 77104

And if you are cataloged in NICS as a "mental defective", you will be denied a firearm as the law requires.

So Crosshair did have a leg to stand on because he knows the law. Unfortunately, you did not know the law in the United States governing the "mental defective". You accused him of insulting you when he did nothing of the sort. As he said, stay in Canada if you don't like how the laws are in the United States are governing the "mental defective". I get that you want to be the person playing victim here and then turn around accuse people of not caring about deaths without any proof.
The law exists but the process is flawed. All people have to do is lie and then they can buy a gun even though they are deranged. But talk about legislation to fix it and you gun nut people go crazy saying we are talking away your second ammendment rights. It's completely crazy.

The law exists but the process is flawed. All people have to do is lie and then they can buy a gun even though they are deranged. But talk about legislation to fix it and you gun nut people go crazy saying we are talking away your second ammendment rights. It's completely crazy.
You really do not know how NICS works, do you? They can lie on the form all they want, who cares. You can mark everything to favor you and NICS will still ding you. If you are cataloged as "mental defective" in NICS, they will prevent the transaction. The questions is just a first layer of prevention. You cannot fill out the Form 4473 and get a gun. It doesn't work like that.

Fixing it is ok, but testing the whole population of the US would be a big task.

Fixing it is ok, but testing the whole population of the US would be a big task.
There's nothing wrong with the Form 4473 & NICS. What he seems to be after is mandatory psychological testing of every single American in the country. And how often should we do that too since people do change all the time.

You really do not know how NICS works, do you? They can lie on the form all they want, who cares. You can mark everything to favor you and NICS will still ding you. If you are cataloged as "mental defective" in NICS, they will prevent the transaction. The questions is just a first layer of prevention. You cannot fill out the Form 4473 and get a gun. It doesn't work like that.
Have a look here:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...ng-to-keep-guns-away-from-mentally-ill-people

This is clearly a big problem. You are in denial.

There's nothing wrong with the Form 4473 & NICS. What he seems to be after is mandatory psychological testing of every single American in the country. And how often should we do that too since people do change all the time.
Yeah, that would be the only way really. Also some parents are to blame since they think their kids can do no wrong and don't report weird activity. They also don't keep guns out of reach as well.

Unfortunately freedom does have side effects. How many babies, little kids, etc are killed by cars every day. More than school shootings in a year I bet. 99.999% of gun owners are law abiding.

It works in Japan. Have a look at how few gun deaths they have. How much money is one innocent life worth to you? People are dying needlessly because of this.

Have a look here:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...ng-to-keep-guns-away-from-mentally-ill-people

This is clearly a big problem. You are in denial.
I don't give a shit what any article tells me. Since I already know what the article is about AND I already know what the law is which you clearly don't. The simple question is was Cruz declared a mental defective? No. Did the Sheriff have that option to get him declared a mental defective? Yes. Based on the latest information, they simply chose not to. The New Yorker article already points out what the laws are regarding mentally defective and they PROPOSE nothing in it.

It works in Japan Have a look at how few gun deaths they have. How much money is one innocent life worth to you? People are dying needlessly because of this.
Gun death's, yes. Now they have mass stabbings. Just like UK. Haha

Also now they have mass rapes and they can't even protect themselves or get jailed by the law.

It works in Japan Have a look at how few gun deaths they have. How much money is one innocent life worth to you? People are dying needlessly because of this.
Well congratulations for Japan, I don't care. They have more suicides per capita than the United States does even greater than the amount of suicides by firearms. Again, you keep playing the heartstring game which it's not going to work. Do I care about the deaths? Yes.

Am I willing to accept a constitutional change to the US Constitution regarding the right to bear arms?
NO

I don't give a shit what any article tells me. Since I already know what the article is about AND I already know what the law is which you clearly don't. The simple question is was Cruz declared a mental defective? No. Did the Sheriff have that option to get him declared a mental defective? Yes. Based on the latest information, they simply chose not to. The New Yorker article already points out what the laws are regarding mentally defective and they PROPOSE nothing in it.
The law is clearly not effective enough or else these things would not keep on happening again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back