UPS: leaving the stuff on your porch?

MAngelo said:
no, I just happened to learn English grammar and spelling.....

you probably NEED to go to dictionary.com........
Look at your sentences that are filled with grammatical errors? I was saying that his euphanism didnt make much sense and then you decided to throw it into a whole 'nother mess of basically calling me a hypocrite while being hypocritical yourself.

huxley said:
Look at your sentences that are filled with grammatical errors? I was saying that his euphanism didnt make much sense and then you decided to throw it into a whole 'nother mess of basically calling me a hypocrite while being hypocritical yourself.

E-u-p-h-a-n-i-s-m- is not a word

try try try

I live in a 12 story apartment building, and my floor has key access only on the elevator, so, none of the carriers can actually get to my door to attempt a delivery. USPS and DHL always deliver my packages to the management office so I have no problems with them. UPS usually comes around after the office closes at 5pm, so I have just put a notice in at their routing station here in Birmingham to hold all my packages and I will come pick them up. Its not too far away so its no big deal. FedEx however, is constantly leaving packages on the floor in the damn mail room of my building, even when the office is open. I have been told that it is up to the descression of the driver as to if they want to leave the box or not but come on, the floor of the mail room?? I have had stolen is said instance so far, a set of Klipshe 5.1 speakers, a 19" CRT, and some ram. All have been replaced by insurance, but not after at least a month of fighting, at the end of which I was always promised it wouldnt happen again. Signiture was always "Mail Room" btw.

MAngelo said:
E-u-p-h-a-n-i-s-m- is not a word

try try try
It's called being clever...I should have figured that would be lost on you.

Got cought using the wrong word and now you call it clever??

:rolleyes:

The phrase under your name says it all......

MAngelo said:
Got cought using the wrong word and now you call it clever??

:rolleyes:

The phrase under your name says it all......
Since you already pointed out the proper spelling why would I spell it wrong again if not purposely? Heck, I could have even edited it if I wanted but the whole point was to spell it wrong.

Perhaps you need a matching title because you don't know when to shut up either.

Ya UPS has done that to me several times before, you should contact them and complain.

I love fedex, especially the chick that delivers mah packages.... anyway!

USPS I dont trust, cause they usually drop my fragile packages 6 or 7 times on the way to my door from the truck. And im sure the kick that I see after the third drop wasnt by accident. UPS just drops the package off, doesnt knock or ring and just drives off and leaves it in the most open spot on the porch right infront of the door. Fedex has a waiver from me to just drop the items off, but they put them in the only part of my porch that is concieled, which I like. A Few times if its a big package, they will wait for me to be around because my hiding spot for the packages is only like 2'x2'x2' so if its bigger they wait for me. I like FEDEX! :)

I think USPS thinks they are above the customer care rule since they are gov't or something.

huxley said:
I think USPS thinks they are above the customer care rule since they are gov't or something.

...in a purely euphanistic way, of course....

Cold Dark Shadow said:
its not extra thru UPS for signature, if you look at the sticker they leave when tthey attempt to drop a package off it says "signature required" "will re-attempt delivery on...." Ive never paid extra for that goin thru UPS

I live in a large city in the southwest. IF FedEx can't deliver something, they leave a notice that they'll 1) either attempt to re-deliver the next day or 2) I can go to the terminal and pick it up after a certain time the next day (which I've done).

In fact I just bought a new digital camera on line. Shipped thru FedEx and the store I bought it thru said FedEx would require a sig. (which they did) and the package was signed for.

If FedEx, USPS, or UPS are instructed to get a signature (paid extra or whatever), they are responsible for getting that sig, UNLESS you have an agreement with them to leave it on the porch, with a neighbor, etc. If they leave a package w/o a signature and you are particularly unscrupulous you can always claim you didn't get it. I know several people who have done this in the past. Now, you should consider researching postal fraud, before you go for those tactics, I of course cannot recommend it.

After reading all these stories, this is why I have everything delivered to me at work. I found that it also helps to get to know the driver. Packages use to just be delivered to the department office after getting a few things and having some small talk with them; now whenever they see something with my name on it, they deliver it right to my office. :cool: Everyone elses just gets dumped in the main office still. :D

Betauser said:
ya i learned my lesson and beside, i just moved to this place like 3-4 months ago and i dont really know our neighbor that well. "there's always a snake in the jungle"

but next time, ill have them ship to my work place instead just to be safe. Thnx for the tips and comfort guys, much appreciated. will update you when something comes up. lataz
I believe, unless things have changed, your ship to address needs to be a valid address with the Credit Card company you are using to make the purchase.
You may need to call them and add your work place address to your account with them as a valid address.

3 Laptop was to arrive yesterday, according to the tracking from USPS. But guess what it hasn't. I need to contact the seller. I recommend signature confirmation, only a few dollars more.

FedEx always has me sign for stuff. UPS does the drop and go, I never receive much through the post office that's large so the mailman puts it in my box or he takes it back to the station. All the DHL drivers and their station manager know me since I'm in every day picking stuff up for Dell. Most of the time if somebody is using DHL to ship I have them put HFPU on it because I go there almost every single day. In my experience DHL is the ONLY carrier that actually holds items that have HFPU in the recipient line. All my Dell parts are addressed to the FedEx Depot here in Amarillo "QualxServ CS Technician FedEx HFPU xxxx Canyon Dr. Amarillo" Don't try that with UPS as they'll just ignore it.

It pretty much comes down to who your route driver is. Many do not realize it is the same guy driving the same routes and areas all the time. If he is a jerk or irresponsible it will show everytime you order from that specific establishment. Personally, I like my UPS guy, my Fedex guy and my mail lady will bring things right up to the door even if they don't need sigining.

ok, im really upset w/ UPS right now. I just called them again and they said they closed the tracer because it has been resolved.

here's what happened:

My wife ordered a rag from some site like 4 months ago and she just received the package like a week ago and UPS dropped the package again in our PORCH, luckily the package wasnt lost this time.

now, here's what they said, they said they closed the trace from my old package because we received the package and the driver spoke to my wife and handed the package to her. WTF!???! UPS IS FUCKING LIAR!!!??! First of all they didnt handed out the package directly to my wife because we were at work at the time they dropped the package into our porch again!! 2nd, they made a fucking MISTAKE knowing my package was resolved or found because they said they handed the package to my wife.. WTF!??! what do these people smoking?

I just want to rant right now and FUCKING UPS!! GO DIE!!! i hope UPS will BURN IN HELL!!!

i'm really sorry i'm so pissed right now. Now they said they will reopen the tracer again to invistigate it.. and ofcourse it will take another 8 business days before something happen again.. I dont think this is even worth my time anymore.

So should I just let it go and just take the lost? (which is $85.00 btw) or should I continue bitching at UPS? what do you guys think? is it worth it or not?

Pardon my rant mod.. I'm really sorry.

Renswic said:
for 85 bucks, ya bitch man, dont let them drop it

I'm with stupid minus the stupid.

$85 may not seem like much to UPS, but that's a fair bit of money in my eyes to be losing. I wouldn't let the fuckers get away with it if I were you. Get timeslips from your respective employers as PROOF you were not home when the package was delivered (your employer should keep those on record for quite a while), thus blowing their whole "We handed your package to your wife blah blah blah." excuse out of the water. I'm sure if you and your wife let your bosses know why you need that information they'd be more than happy to oblige...it's your right to ask for those records anyway AFAIK.

update:

The UPS contacted the shipper (the person i bought the item from here [H]) and it looks like we are getting something now, but the shipper hasnt told me if he's getting the money back or anything. Hopefully i get my money back and never deal w/ UPS again.. EVER!!

Did I say I will not deal w/ UPS again EVER? No offense to Regular UPS users here, just personal experience and it wasnt a very nice erperience from them :D

i'll let you guys know if this issue has been resolved.

Sorry you've had a bad experience. I have a small home business and get about 1 package a day average. When I was working out of an apartment they wouldn't leave anything without someone present (very inconvenient), but now that I'm in a neighborhood they leave stuff all the time. Our doorway is very recessed and you can't even see the door without standing right in front of the doorway.

I asked the driver about this and he said if they can leave it "out of the way" they will. It's somewhat arbitrary.

I think this issue is driver dependant, whatever carrier you might be using. Some will just leave anything so they don't have to take it back and redeliver it tomorrow, and some will always do it the right way. Because I live in a residential neighborhood, I don't mind them dropping it on the front porch in good weather, but that is their risk to take. They can't fake my signature, so if something needed to be signed for and didn't resulting in theft or loss, someone's getting their tit through the wringer.

I like the convience of getting packages when I get home, I have yet to have anything stolen and my front door is pretty open... Only thing that scared me was the $940 2405FPW I found sitting, although estatic, was just "sitting" there, in a Dell box... how careless

Update: i got a check from the UPS store for about $109.43, so I think that's how much was insured. They finally sent a reimbursement check and I almost lost the check again because my wife ripped the check off in 3 pieces.. wow speaking of careless LOL. but nothing can a scotch tapes couldnt fix. so i went to the bank today and deposited the check..

I paid the seller for $85.00 and I got $109.43 back from ups. Should I even give the rest back to seller ($24.43 to be exact) or just keep it for all the trouble i went through w/?

just need your honest opinion.

i would do atleast a half and half with the seller i think that that would be good faith gesture..also i would report to whatever hard drive company the serial, and report it as stolen.

I've had nothing but terrible luck with UPS. On more than one occassion, I've had them leave packages out in the rain, WHEN I WAS HOME. They didn't even come knock at the door. And they didn't even leave them on the front porch, where at least it is covered. Instead, they left them under the lip of the garage, which extends maybe a foot, hardly enough to keep anything out of the rain. And this has been on stuff that can actually be ruined by the water, such as concert tickets and electrical stuff. So I haven't dealt with UPS in quite a while, to state the obvious. FedEx FTW. :D

Oh4Sh0 said:
DHL rang the door bell and waited about 2 mins for me to throw some clothes on and come to the door to sign for the item. I've never shipped with DHL but my few experiences with them have been the most pleasing.

Yea I hate the DHL drivers in my area. I've had 3 seperate times where I was sitting in my front room and I hear a thump on the front door. It is where those bastards threw the package from about 15 feet back at the front door as they are too lazy to walk up the steps. I don't deal with them anymore after that crap. UPS seems to like brining my packages a week or so after they are suspose to(I've had this happen with overnight stuff too). FedEx seems to get stuff to me on time or early.

A common theme I keep hearing is that "__________stinks, ___________ is great for my delivery." I certainly wouldn't argue against anyone's experiences, just to say capitalism, which leads to competition, is overall a great system. It's nice to have choices!

Generally speaking, when I lived in an apartment my experiences were less that satisfactory. Living in a house now, it's much better with all 3 companies.

Back