• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrading an -qpack: need heatsink help

mx6er2587

n00b
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
8
So my poor old amd 3200 venice core and 512 of ram just isn't cutting it anymore. My budget is tight so I can't afford an entirely new build, but I'm upgrading my mb/cpu/ram

I scored a super cheap phenom II 920, and I'm picking up a new gigabyte board (GA-MA785GM-US2H) and 4 gigs of OCZ ddr2 (2x2gb)

The last issue for me to sort out is a new cooler since I don't think my old cnps7000 will fit an am2+ board.

From looking around newegg there really just aren't many coolers that are slim enough to fit in the qpack. What out there is good enough to cool an x4 and would fit?

I'm currently looking at a cnps7000c and a Thermaltake Meorb.
 
decided to go with a geminII s with a scythe slim fan for anyone who may be interested
 
Can you please post the result of your Under clock, and how much Voltage it will pull from Wall?

Thanks.
 
Also, you can sell your old mb/cpu/ram on [H] to help recoup some of the costs.
 
The best one you can fit is a Zalman CNPS 8700. It will work just fine and fit. I can tell you this setting works because I have a Q-Pack running this way with a Q6600 OC 3.2GHz.
 
Back
Top