Upgrades - Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 socket 2011

What board is that? I thought I saw something similar on Ebay, but it only had an older Atom CPU (like old D2500 ones, not C3758 ones).
The one I bought new 15 years ago in a 1U was called the Super router 10X. The motherboard is a X10SLH-LN6TF. A lot of them are now in surplus from getting them back from leases. Which I did pick up a few for my testing lab since I got hooked into DEV work on IPFire.

"The Server Store" in Carrolton Tx ended up with a bunch from Lucent's data center (or whatever they want to call it now these days). They are selling the board in a 1U with heatsink, no processor, 500W redundant power supply for $100. They do have an online store, but I imagine this is one of the people flooding ebay with them.
https://www.theserverstore.com/
 
The one I bought new 15 years ago in a 1U was called the Super router 10X. The motherboard is a X10SLH-LN6TF. A lot of them are now in surplus from getting them back from leases. Which I did pick up a few for my testing lab since I got hooked into DEV work on IPFire.

"The Server Store" in Carrolton Tx ended up with a bunch from Lucent's data center (or whatever they want to call it now these days). They are selling the board in a 1U with heatsink, no processor, 500W redundant power supply for $100. They do have an online store, but I imagine this is one of the people flooding ebay with them.
https://www.theserverstore.com/

Thanks. That's actually not a bad deal all things considered.
 
Thanks. That's actually not a bad deal all things considered.
It does it well, I put in a 45W V.E3 and with the stock cooler it runs cool.But the PLX chip and the 10Gb run warmer. So I played with different cases. The Geometric Future model 8 was a little bit big where I was going to put it in. But finding a good 3U is a little difficult. The Raidmax Gamma X1 I took the front off and attached its feet to the bracket for the front and sealed it up and cut out the 3 fan holes inside and instaled 4- 3500 rpm high flow 120mm fans one on top and three on bottom. fan 2,3,4 top exhaust Fan A, I also made a 3U before but they are a pain because the holes line up and missing the back 2 rows in mounting, even though the back row only has nylon standoffs in the 1u OEM case.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top