Unifans are here!

Lian Li's new wireless daisy chain-able fans are finally getting released to reviewers and I, for one, am impressed. I have been waiting to see these in the wild since last years CES and the videos do not disappoint. These fans look great, especially from the side. Pressure and airflow ratings are decent as well. Say what you will about rgb, but it has been a long time since there has been anything new in pc fans. No I do not count colored rubber corners as an innovation. This comes at a good time for me, I am migrating components to a new case with a new loop. I am a buyer, are you?
https://lanoc.org/review/cooling/8120-lian-li-uni-fan-sl-120

they can be pre ordered here at a discount
https://www.newegg.com/p/1YF-005G-0..._re=lian_li unifan-_-9SIAFSTBGD1237-_-Product

I'll never buy an RGB fan, but that daisy chain function would make my life so much easier in my large radiators.

Cable management becomes a real PITA when the fan count starts getting up there.
I have never bought rgb fans personally, Ive never seen any I liked. I generally go for subdued case lighting. These fans have turned my head a bit, the lighting looks nicely diffused and classy rather than gaudy. Overall they scream quality to me. They also have adjustable brightness which is a nice plus.

That's a nice looking fan, shame it won't fit in my application. Is anyone else making modular (or daisy chained) fans? I swear I saw some in the 'coming soon' bracket a while ago...

That's a nice looking fan, shame it won't fit in my application. Is anyone else making modular (or daisy chained) fans? I swear I saw some in the 'coming soon' bracket a while ago...
I know I saw a review for a set at some point in the past. They had some sort of touch connector in the corners. I, however, watch and read hundreds of reviews a month and I can't remember where.
It very well could have been a preview for these.

There are some that allow daisy chaining but with cables not touch connectors. Lian Li patent maybe?

These could simplify my build that requires the fans for 2 radiators to be outside the case in back, only needing the single plug instead of a cable for each fan. Would be nice to have the option to skip RGB.

These could simplify my build that requires the fans for 2 radiators to be outside the case in back, only needing the single plug instead of a cable for each fan. Would be nice to have the option to skip RGB.

For the price though just shut the RGB off and call it good. Or just set them to a nice low white light. $69 for 3 fans with fancy new tech is pretty good assuming the fans themselves dont just plain suck.

For the price though just shut the RGB off and call it good. Or just set them to a nice low white light. $69 for 3 fans with fancy new tech is pretty good assuming the fans themselves dont just plain suck.
That 69 price is only for newegg pre-order so get on that! If you dont like rgb just dont use that plug, or just turn the lights of. The fans look great either way imo.

I have never bought rgb fans personally, Ive never seen any I liked. I generally go for subdued case lighting. These fans have turned my head a bit, the lighting looks nicely diffused and classy rather than gaudy. Overall they scream quality to me. They also have adjustable brightness which is a nice plus.

If they aren't too expensive, and that brightness can be adjusted all the way down to 0 without a special controller, I might be convinced for my next build. provided they perform as well as my Noctuas. I'm not willing to give up on performance for the convenience.

That's a pretty high bar to meet- those are some of the best fans out there.

If they aren't too expensive, and that brightness can be adjusted all the way down to 0 without a special controller, I might be convinced for my next build. provided they perform as well as my Noctuas. I'm not willing to give up on performance for the convenience.
$69 pre-order price for the triple kit with controller, and you don't need the controller it looks like if you just want fan spin.

Cant they be adjusted to 0 brightness with a pair of wire cutters?

Nice, but another solution to a problem that really doesn't exist. They do look cool and I'm sure 16 year olds will cream their pants.

I'd hope it works that way, but some devices default to a standard light scheme when the controller is not plugged in.

Who know how these behave.
Check out the video, you have to plug in the rgb wire for the rgb to come on. You can use them as just fans you damned curmudgeon:p I would guess that you can also adjust to zero, but I dont have them in hand to know.

Nice, but another solution to a problem that really doesn't exist. They do look cool and I'm sure 16 year olds will cream their pants.

I am 49, I am not creaming my pants and I respectfully disagree that cable management in a custom loop or any case is not a problem. One short cable for four pwm fans is pretty cool.

I'll never cream my pants over colorful lighting, but I agree that the reduction in wiring mess here is HUGE.

It was a major pain in the ass to wire my last build, and then one of the 4 pin fan extension cables came loose, and I had to disassemble things again, because my fingers were too large to get in there and reconnect it.

If you deal with large radiators in cramped spaces (and if you use enough large radiators, any case is a cramped case, take it from me and my Corsair 1000D) this solution is a godsend. I wish it had been available when I built this system...

1598058824919.png

Of course performance is paramount. These fans seem really convenient, but if they can't push as much air through my radiators at the same volume level as other good fans, I buy something else.

I'll never cream my pants over colorful lighting, but I agree that the reduction in wiring mess here is HUGE.

It was a major pain in the ass to wire my last build, and then one of the 4 pin fan extension cables came loose, and I had to disassemble things again, because my fingers were too large to get in there and reconnect it.

If you deal with large radiators in cramped spaces (and if you use enough large radiators, any case is a cramped case, take it from me and my Corsair 1000D) this solution is a godsend. I wish it had been available when I built this system...

View attachment 272001

Of course performance is paramount. These fans seem really convenient, but if they can't push as much air through my radiators at the same volume level as other good fans, I buy something else.

Geez, do you have to fasten it to the floor to keep it from moving when those fans are on high?

Zarathustra I respect your [H]ard devotion to your no rgb ever convictions. My question to you is are you satisfied with those Chromax fans? I have the same fans in my build as can be seen in the custom loop thread. They look classy but the performance, to me, has been dismal compared to my previous nb-eloops. I understand that you have a push=pull config, but these fans, to me, and this is for sure anecdotal, just dont push much air through a rad. On top of that, you cant chain them in any way. When the black chromax came out, I jumped on board thinking I would be impressed, I have not been. Keep in mind three chromax fans will cost 75-80 bucks and only offer same color rubber corners for one side of the fan. So myself and you had to shell out extra for the rubber corners. By the way the listed air pressure of the Unifans are about the same as the chromax fans.

Zarathustra I respect your [H]ard devotion to your no rgb ever convictions. My question to you is are you satisfied with those Chromax fans? I have the same fans in my build as can be seen in the custom loop thread. They look classy but the performance, to me, has been dismal compared to my previous nb-eloops. I understand that you have a push=pull config, but these fans, to me, and this is for sure anecdotal, just dont push much air through a rad. On top of that, you cant chain them in any way. When the black chromax came out, I jumped on board thinking I would be impressed, I have not been. Keep in mind three chromax fans will cost 75-80 bucks and only offer same color rubber corners for one side of the fan. So myself and you had to shell out extra for the rubber corners. By the way the listed air pressure of the Unifans are about the same as the chromax fans.

They are actually Industrial PPC fans.

I added the grey chromax pads because I really like Noctua industrial fans, but I hate the color brown :p

Last edited:
The last time I had LED fans in my own build was the Antec 900. 😅

I did recently build a friends computer with an EK 360 rad and the rest of the fans all RGBd up and I HATED the cable management, mainly due to the placement of the RGB headers. His build didn't even use any SATA hard drives...

These would be awesome for Rads.

They are actually Industrial PPC fans.

I added the great chromax because I really like Noctua industrial fans, but I hate the color brown :p
Ahh I get it brother those are noctua high rpm industrials with chromax pads added. I am sure you can understand my confusion as the only difference in looks is the amount of blades. However, I cant help but think how some nice rgb unifans would look shining a soft light upon all the beautiful work you did in that obsidian super tower with the nice smoked glass. I am telling you, sir, that this forum would erupt with praise if you installed some push pull unifans with a nice soft white glow, just enough to show off your sweet build:smug: If I were you I would get the black ones.

the IPPC fans are great and protip if you have no windows it doesn't matter what color the fans are! and if you put it in a closet or disused room that is far enough from your office you'll never hear them screaming.

I ordered some to use in my impending X470 -> X570 rebuild. Might use the RGB for a bias light behind the monitors.

Back