Uncharted 2?

In addition to his great dialogues, he almost single-handedly showcased 7.1 LPCM on my system to some uninitiated friends right from the beginning of Drake's Fortune, which blew their minds. :cool: (some actually looked right and left :D)

One other gripe about the 2nd game's stopy is that the characters act like the first game didn't even happen. In about 1/2 the crazy situations that happen in #2, Drake has been there and done that...and he has 300 dead bodies on his conscience as a result :)

That could be said about a lot of games... How many times has Mario killed a mushroom guy and never felt remorse for it or had to save Peach's ass and never got anything out of it.

If you can't afford a <$10 generic Bluetooth headset, the priority of playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer co-op objective should probably be reconsidered ;)

It's not a matter of being able to afford it or not. People just don't have them. I don't have one, never needed one before. The limited amount of PS3 online that I play isn't reason enough for me to pick one up.

The previous game comes through subtly as the history existing between the characters. Elena introducing herself to Chloe as "last year's model", Drake lamenting about yet again bringing Elena into his chaos,etc.

It obvious they're not directly referencing the events in Fortune, what would be the point? We should celebrate there being no hamfisted "remember back when you were a prisoner in those ruins and I saved you? Man, I killed a lot of guys that day!" moment!

The previous game comes through subtly as the history existing between the characters. Elena introducing herself to Chloe as "last year's model", Drake lamenting about yet again bringing Elena into his chaos,etc.

It obvious they're not directly referencing the events in Fortune, what would be the point? We should celebrate there being no hamfisted "remember back when you were a prisoner in those ruins and I saved you? Man, I killed a lot of guys that day!" moment!

i agree, the subtle references to the first game are well placed. they found the right balance.

i'm somewhere around chapter 22 or 23, so i'll probably finish the game tonight (might have to pause to watch The Office). i'm excited :D

It's not a matter of being able to afford it or not. People just don't have them. I don't have one, never needed one before. The limited amount of PS3 online that I play isn't reason enough for me to pick one up.

Lots of people have bluetooth headsets for their phone. Its the same thing.

There are plenty of people talking when I play Uncharted 2 online, of course, I can't usually hear them because the first thing I do is to select "Mute All". Voice chat is VASTLY overrated in my opinion, I prefer to play without, even when I'm just playing with friends. You should be able to convey your intentions through actions in the game, VC is a poor man's crutch.

Voice chat on the PS3 = hearing 10 TV's at once because affordable bluetooth headsets pick up background noice too much.

Voice chat on the PS3 = hearing 10 TV's at once because affordable bluetooth headsets pick up background noice too much.
no that will be everyone using their eyetoys as the mic!!

Holy shit Uncharted 2 now has 30 perfect scores on metacritic!!

I just finished UC2 last night. I would give it an overall 8 out of 10. If it were based on single player alone, and didn't have the glitches, freezing and clipping, SP would get a 10 out of 10 easy.

I just finished UC2 last night. I would give it an overall 8 out of 10. If it were based on single player alone, and didn't have the glitches, freezing and clipping, SP would get a 10 out of 10 easy.

I didn't have any freezing issue's, And are you talking about the boss glitches or just in general.

I'd say 10/10 it was just awesome and I love the multiplayer modes. It's pretty close to the best sp experience I've had gaming.

Last edited:
no that will be everyone using their eyetoys as the mic!!

Holy shit Uncharted 2 now has 30 perfect scores on metacritic!!

It's not even that. I always ask when there's a bunch of background noise, and it's not like the eyetoy is that popular. It's because bluetooth mics are typically about 3" from someone's mouth and the common ones (like the $20 jabra sets) have almost no ambient noise masking.
Cheap bluetooth sets are the devil when it comes to gaming.
In 1/2 of the Uncharted games I've been in, I can hear the same thing going on on 4-5 TV's at once with varying degrees of latency making for a painful effect.

It's not even that. I always ask when there's a bunch of background noise, and it's not like the eyetoy is that popular. It's because bluetooth mics are typically about 3" from someone's mouth and the common ones (like the $20 jabra sets) have almost no ambient noise masking.
Cheap bluetooth sets are the devil when it comes to gaming.

Mostly cheap headsets, but also the official one when used in charging/desktop mode.

OK, So i rented this game and gave it a go, I wanted to see what it was all about (despite not playing Uncharted 1). I think the visuals on the game are great, the backgrounds look amazing, the characters look good, but I had a hard time with it.
I dont want to start a flame war, and in no way am i trolling, but i just didnt see what was soooo good about this game. I only messed around with the SP and didnt get to spend much time with MP, but the game was just too linear for my liking. They force you down a path and thats the only way to go (maybe it was like that in the first one, again i have no experiance there) ALso sometimes it was hard to figure out where I am supposed to be going or what I am supposed to be doing, and sadly i had to figure things out through trial and error, sometimes dying 20x to get it! Many of the enemies are freaking bulletproof, despite a head shot or 2 with an M4 they just refuse to go down, i felt like it took an average of 8-10 shots per person to kill em. Some of the hand holds are not indicated or are very hard to distinguish which made navigating some areas tricky. They also force feed you so many ridiculous cut scenes that its nauseating. Everytime you open a door you get a cinematic!
Dont get me wrong, i think the story was great, and the visuals went along with it, but I just didnt see what all the hype was about or why this game was getting such rave reviews.

Maybe I just missed something. (/waits to be flamed)
My 2 cents...

I didn't have any freezing issue's, And are you talking about the boss glitches or just in general.

I'd say 10/10 it was just awesome and I love the multiplayer modes. It's pretty close to the best sp experience I've had gaming.

I just started playing last night, even though I have owned the game since last week. I refused to even put the disc in until I finished the first, which also just happened to be last night as well....don't judge me :D

Anyway the game froze on me from the start, and I mean locked the whole system with the same sound just repeating...the PS button wouldn't even do anything I had to manually turn off the system and try again, second time it started for me. I have a feeling I am going to be up quite late playing this one tonight :)

OK, So i rented this game and gave it a go, I wanted to see what it was all about (despite not playing Uncharted 1). I think the visuals on the game are great, the backgrounds look amazing, the characters look good, but I had a hard time with it.
I dont want to start a flame war, and in no way am i trolling, but i just didnt see what was soooo good about this game. I only messed around with the SP and didnt get to spend much time with MP, but the game was just too linear for my liking. They force you down a path and thats the only way to go (maybe it was like that in the first one, again i have no experiance there) ALso sometimes it was hard to figure out where I am supposed to be going or what I am supposed to be doing, and sadly i had to figure things out through trial and error, sometimes dying 20x to get it! Many of the enemies are freaking bulletproof, despite a head shot or 2 with an M4 they just refuse to go down, i felt like it took an average of 8-10 shots per person to kill em. Some of the hand holds are not indicated or are very hard to distinguish which made navigating some areas tricky. They also force feed you so many ridiculous cut scenes that its nauseating. Everytime you open a door you get a cinematic!
Dont get me wrong, i think the story was great, and the visuals went along with it, but I just didnt see what all the hype was about or why this game was getting such rave reviews.

Maybe I just missed something. (/waits to be flamed)
My 2 cents...

No flaming is needed (I don't get the point of flaming, but then again I'm not a teenager or a dick) but it sounds like it just isn't your type of game. Everyone has their opinion and their likes and dislikes.

I just started playing last night and went to bed after chapter 2, but I have beaten the first one and loved it. Yes it is rather linear/on rails, but that is fine with me. In referencing the first game since they are basically the same game type, yes it is sometimes hard to figure out where to go, but if you have hints turned on in the option menu it will "show" you what to do if you take to long. As far as the bulletproof enemy thing goes I'm not sure what to tell you there as I never had a problem with that in the first one, in fact I got the headshot trophy. The only time it took me more than one shot was if they were wearing a helmet were the first shot would pop the helmet off and the second would kill them. Keep in mind most of the enemies are wearing body armor so if you are hitting them in the body its going to take a decent amount of rounds to kill them. Also I happen to love all the cinematics :)

A good example of everyones got there game type is Fallout 3...is it a great game, yup sure is. One of my buddies got it Friday night of the week it came out and came in to work Monday morning with it beat. He has since played through it 3 more times and beaten all the expansion packs and it's now his favorite game of all time. I borrowed it and played it that night for a couple of hours and gave it back the next day. I totally see why everyone loves the game, but with the very limited gaming time that I have I would rather play games that are exactly what I am looking to play. If I was in my early 20's with 40hrs/wk to dedicate to gaming would I have beaten Fallout 3, I sure would have...just as I would play a shitload more games that I would like to play now but just don't have the time. In fact I can tell you exactly what I will be playing for the next 3-4 months...Uncharted2 SP and then MP, Forza3 SP, and MW2 SP and MP and thats probably it until God of War 3 and Gran Turismo come out next March.

@koretex

Very true, and spoken like an educated gamer. Its definatly a decent game, and i can see why people like it, but as you said, i guess its just not my cup of tea. I guess I prefer the more open ended / sandbox type games, but that being said I like L4D which is the exact oposite of sandbox or non-linear. I guess I dont even know what I like until I sit down and try it!

@woodworker

Everyone has an opinion, some games just don't appeal to me as well, take rpg's I can't stand them, but I do love Demon's Souls and that's the 1st rpg I've purchased in probably 6 years. Like Fallout 3, played it for about 30 minutes and returned it.

But I don't think Uncharted 2 would be what it is if it wasn't linear due to how the story is told and how the big action pieces are set up, like the helicopter chase in the hotel. Scenes like that are so well done Hollywood could slap a good actor and virtually copy the story exactly and the big action moments and it would be probably better than 80% of the action movies released in the last 2 years.

I just started playing last night, even though I have owned the game since last week. I refused to even put the disc in until I finished the first, which also just happened to be last night as well....don't judge me :D

Anyway the game froze on me from the start, and I mean locked the whole system with the same sound just repeating...the PS button wouldn't even do anything I had to manually turn off the system and try again, second time it started for me. I have a feeling I am going to be up quite late playing this one tonight :)

Hugh, I would figure mine would freeze up if it had issues since I have the the original 60gig model.

Last edited:
I got a hard-lock with Uncharted 2 as well. Mine was (no spoiler) in the large room right before you head into the final area. There's a huge shootout with both kinds of enemies battling one another.
There's a treasure right before the fountain in the middle and when I grabbed it - bam, frozen solid.

Finally finished it last night.

Game of the year, one of the best games this console generation, and the best single player action game since Half Life 2. Fun, exciting, one of the few games where I enjoyed the cinematics and the characters, lots of variety in gameplay and visuals, beautiful to look at, and again, FUN.

I'm glad I played Batman Arkham Asylum before this. I loved Batman but I'd probably like it a lot less if I'd played Uncharted 2 first. Now let's see how Modern Warfare 2 holds up...

I got a hard-lock with Uncharted 2 as well. Mine was (no spoiler) in the large room right before you head into the final area.

Yep, I had it hard lock in that area too, going up (out) the stairs. Seriously freaked me out.

NHL 10 has hardlocked my PS3 a couple of handfuls of times. Sometimes games lock up, doesn't matter what platform you're playing on.

Too bad there are no codes thrown when it happens on a console though.

I think the only game that's locked up on me is Zombie apocalypse I got off the PSN, I guess if there was a game that would lock up your shit it would probably be Uncharted 2.

I've had RB2 & TW10 freeze up on me with the 360 but other than that notta.

God talking about hard freezing reminds me when I first installed Dark Messiah on my pc when it first came out.:(

Yep, I had it hard lock in that area too, going up (out) the stairs. Seriously freaked me out.

Thirded, same area and original 60GB model. Luckily it finished autosaving successfully right before it happened.

i got the same on the 40 gb model, only happened the once, wierd

I had it freeze up on me once yesterday when I was playing multiplayer. It was kind of random so I just stopped playing after that.

Got it yesterday
Just played through from start to credits.
No lockups, no restarts. No problems at all except for the end boss being a real pain.

I give the SP 8/10.
Havent played MP yet.

Weapons are painfully inaccurate. No satisfying head shot sound. Some solider take +30 rounds to the body from an M4. Others take +15 rounds to the head. Needs more variety of enemy soldiers.

i got a YLOD while playing uncharted 2, but im pretty sure it was unrelated and going to happen regardless. At least i got a ps3 slim now :D

What's with everyone wanting a Golden Gun in this game? In real life, guns are innaccurate as the person holding them.

There is a golden gun. Works well.

The Ak and the M4 are so inaccurate it hurts.

I can understand your statement about the M4, but in real life the AK is one of the most innaccurate weapons produced. Spray and pray.

I can understand your statement about the M4, but in real life the AK is one of the most innaccurate weapons produced. Spray and pray.

At 100 yards an M16 averages 1-3 MOA, M4 is 2-4, the Ak47 gets 3-5.
So at 300 yards both can easily hit something the size of a torso.

In Uncharted 2, the AK spray at ~30 feet must be atleast 5-6ft.

Im all for slight exaggeration, but the AK in Uncharted 2 has the spread of a shotgun.

My God, I will not play coop with anybody but friends. Goddamn retarded people on this game as always. I swear, people say XBL has more retarded people than PSN. That thought makes me cringe.

an AK is not as inaccurate as your statement is.
but that aside, the AK in this game is pretty bad compared to the M4.

I actually find AK's and SKS's to be extremely accurate if you have a well built Russian one. The Chinese ones are supposedly a different story, though.
In Uncharted the AK *is* pretty bad, though. It remind me a little of Half-Life where you're better off firing a pistol at distant people.
My two favorite weapons in Uncharted 2 are the high capacity 9mm (why is it stronger than the .45 even at close range?) and and the FAL. The ability to zoom and fire 3-shot bursts with the FAL is nice. I just start at chest level and carry it up. I get a boatload of headshots that way.

Back