ugh...iTunes: Worst software *EVER*

I'm going to start working on some wine. I'm clearly out of my league right now. What are u drinking?

Bombay Sapphire Gin BABY! Started with some Vodka and Cranberry Splash, now I'm doing Gin/kool aid/Seirra Mist Cranberry Splash! IT GETS YOU DRUNK!!! :D

Bombay Sapphire Gin BABY! Started with some Vodka and Cranberry Splash, now I'm doing Gin/kool aid/Seirra Mist Cranberry Splash! IT GETS YOU DRUNK!!! :D

Christ man U GET FAT LIKE THAT. Damn I'm getting my RESVERATOL ON. 3rd glass of a wine called "Irony". It is Ironic how fucking bad this year has been. It's been a 3 BAD years. Christ man. I'm no buddah but "Life is suffering." Wise words Siddhartha

Christ man U GET FAT LIKE THAT. Damn I'm getting my RESVERATOL ON. 3rd glass of a wine called "Irony". It is Ironic how fucking bad this year has been. It's been a 3 BAD years. Christ man. I'm no buddah but "Life is suffering." Wise words Siddhartha

Ah man, life is awesome if you know how to deal with it. For one, drinking helps. lol I use to play an hour of left 4 dead after work each night. That was awesome!!!

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1482353

Found it, but its obviously not complete

My favorite poem goes like this I think:

I meant a traveller from a distant land,
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone,
Stand in the desert. And besides them, in the sand,
A half buried visage lies, whose frown,
and curled lip, and scowl of cold contempt,
tell that its sculptor well these passions read,
which yet survive, and on the pedestal, these words appear:
"My name is Ozymdaeus, king of Kings!
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing besides remains.
'Round the crumbling decay,
the bare and boundless sands stretch far away.

That and this portion of Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening:

"My little horse must think it queer,
for me to stop without a farmhouse near,
the downy woods and frozen lake,
the darkest evening of the year."

This guy is depressed. He seriously needs a wife. I'm worried about his horse.

and The Road Not Taken is the epitome of nothing. the man did something, and it turned out to be nothing. and he wrote about it. that's more nothing than nothing could ever claim to be. i think he must have written it on the verge of the last new year of his exploratory life.

LOL That was awesome

thanks i'm really happy now :D cuz i'm almost positive i looked cool on new years 2010

edit: Well I don't know if I beat you, but I drank maybe 750ml of "Irony"; i drank the entire bottle down. I'm not proud, but what I am is wasted, and that's nearly as good.

edit2: Yes, that poem is awesome. It's probably the manliest poem evah, about all the pride and obstinacy a man expresses. Everlasting spirit: the perseverance, and irrelevancy, of pride. Wive's be damned, don't tamper with our temper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my brother polished off a bottle of 100% proof vodjka and nearly our bottle of Bomby Gin!! :D

Me and my brother polished off a bottle of 100% proof vodjka and nearly our bottle of Bomby Gin!! :D

fuck i think u killed me on drinking. i have some Morgan's rum, but if i drink a lot of that it will kill me. Willy Wonka can't handle Captain Morgan's more than half the time ALL the time :D

"To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson

Hey that bottle I drank last night had NOTHING to do with it. I don't know why I woke up at 3pm today and felt like I needed to drink a gallon of water :p

I had a lot of problems with iTunes on a XP x64 so I switched to WinAmp.

K. The fact that XP x64 isn't officially supported by iTunes would be the root cause of that...

Haven't read the entire thread... But I also detest iTunes, tho my issues have never been as severe as crashes and whatnot. I do find it sluggish (particularly on older hardware, 'specially compared to the alternatives), and not very intuitive for a lot of things... In most cases you either agree to do things iTune's way or you're SOL. It's definitely slower at a lot of things than other alternatives tho, there's no denying that.

In any case, I never even bothered to try using it to manage my music on my iPod touch, I've been using MediaMonkey from the get go and I couldn't be happier. Yeah I've still got to use iTunes for sync'ing videos/photos and doing backups, not a huge deal tho. The only hiccup was during the last major OS update. Took a while for the folks at MM to break the database encryption so they could re-enabled sync'ing for the touch/iPhone, but once they did it was working smoothly off the bat unlike other apps which did horribly slow syncs earlier on. Honestly, why does Apple even bother doing that crap...

I'm sure someone else has already mentioned it, but seriously, give MM a try... It's very customizable, but also very user friendly (unlike something like Foobar). You can do a ton of advanced stuff w/it as far as organization, etc., or not at all... Even the tagging is quite superior compared to iTunes (uses Amazon's CD database, much more expansive for older/foreign stuff). Won't do your ringtones, videos, and updates, but it still beats the heck out of having to use iTunes to manage your music library ('specially with a large one or if you don't like to do it excactly the way iTunes likes to).

Last edited:
I've only got like four pages of apps on the iPod touch I think btw, but I've never experienced issues as severe as the OP's... Sync'ing apps has never taken that long (altho it does piss me off that you're only supposed to sync 'em w/a single computer, tho you can get aound it), and I've never had that many crashes. A lot of the time it does seem easier to update 'em right on the device tho, rather than on iTunes, it might take longer but iTunes seems to have a tendency to drop downloads and whatnot, rather annoying. On the touch I can just tap the updates and leave it plugged in while it does it's thing.

I love my iPod touch, I love the fact that it can play music over BT; pairs up great w/a Kensigton Liquid Aux BT adapter in the car, tho I still can't skip/rewind w/the remote... Damn you glacially slow Apple updates. That, along with the whole iTunes issue and a host of other stuff (mostly centered around Apple's practices rather than the device itself) is why I quickly learned that as much as I like it as a media player... I could never live w/it as a phone.

I can't be arsed to jailbreak it and much around with it that much to get around every incongruous inconvenience Apple decides to hoist upon people, if I'm gonan tinker w/a device it's to expand it's capabilities... Not to make it work as it should or as I want it to.

Sorry to bump this but had a question. Is there an iTunes setting Im missing to keep it from removing
music on my iPhone that was added with mediamonkey? I use mm to convert
my flac to mp3 but iTunes removes it. I like iTunes for some stuff just not my music.

Just set it (iTunes) to manually manage your music. It's a single button/option to the lower right on the Music tab (when the iPhone is connected).

Back