Ubisoft

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
Steam sale on Far Cry 3, $7.50. I already beat the game twice but it's such an amazing game I decided to do it again.

Registered on Ubisoft and created an account.
Logged in, started playing, sound wasn't working for some reason so I quit to relaunch.
Tried to log in, said account couldn't be found
Re-registered, logged in, entered CD key, said CD key already in use.
Now, completely screwed!
Can't play, Ubisoft support closed, even had to google search the number because I couldn't find it on the website! It was a yahoo answer!

Uplay is garbage, they're lucky FC3 is such a good game because otherwise I wouldn't come near Ubisoft.

So mad, so, so, mad...

I got FC3 free from the AMD bundle and had no issue uPlay. I'm not happy about having to use it but it worked fine for me.

Steam sale on Far Cry 3, $7.50. I already beat the game twice but it's such an amazing game I decided to do it again.

Registered on Ubisoft and created an account.
Logged in, started playing, sound wasn't working for some reason so I quit to relaunch.
Tried to log in, said account couldn't be found
Re-registered, logged in, entered CD key, said CD key already in use.
Now, completely screwed!
Can't play, Ubisoft support closed, even had to google search the number because I couldn't find it on the website! It was a yahoo answer!

Uplay is garbage, they're lucky FC3 is such a good game because otherwise I wouldn't come near Ubisoft.

So mad, so, so, mad...

the account is likely still there you might of had a typo? in either login name or email address

A wise man once said, "Sometimes you just have to let the hard to reach chips go.".

Step back, play something out of your backlog (I know you have one), and have a speed run next weekend after you get it all resolved.

UPlay is shit, and I'm not just saying that to be a hater. I've had more issues with UPlay than any other service, save for GFWL.

UPlay is shit, and I'm not just saying that to be a hater. I've had more issues with UPlay than any other service, save for GFWL.

For a lot of the games you don't even have to start it up once you installed them. I can play AC2 without even touching uPlay even though I bought it on there. I prefer just starting my games without anything else, which neither steam nor origin allow.

I find all this steam and uplay stuff to be bullshit. I want to simply buy the game, install it and not have to sign up for any account or jump through any hoops to play it.

Then you have to deal with all the DRM garbage like starforce.

It's no wonder crackers break these games, they are forced to by the game companies.

Its free on torrents. Don't be mad bro

Lol! No comment about the first two times I beat it. Ahem...

the account is likely still there you might of had a typo? in either login name or email address

Yea I think that's probably what happened, just sucks I can't do anything about it.

A wise man once said, "Sometimes you just have to let the hard to reach chips go.".

Step back, play something out of your backlog (I know you have one), and have a speed run next weekend after you get it all resolved.

I'm not freaking out that I can't play, it's just frustrating that's it's such a PITA. Hell, I just have a gtx 460 right now and I play at 1440p! I just paid for a 770 though that should get here next week!

I find all this steam and uplay stuff to be bullshit. I want to simply buy the game, install it and not have to sign up for any account or jump through any hoops to play it.

Then you have to deal with all the DRM garbage like starforce.

It's no wonder crackers break these games, they are forced to by the game companies.

I thought the exact same thing when this happened. No hoops with cracked version. There are certain games that I want to pay for because they're good enough to deserve being paid for. FC3 is one of them.

Have you tried a password reset?

Well the problem is that the account I created with my e-mail address (correctly typed the second time I guess) doesn't have the CD key associated with it, so I don't think that would help.

Sounds like you already stole the game in the past, so consider the $7.50 to be a payment towards that.

Use a no cd patch. I buy physical copies of all my games and use these to save wear & tear on the physical medium.

Sounds like you already stole the game in the past, so consider the $7.50 to be a payment towards that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What I'm trying to figure out though is why this guy believes this is the Ubi support forum

Last edited:
Ubisoft has been having server problems all weekend. Gamers have been complaining and Ubisoft has said absolutely nothing about it. I bet your problem is related.

Use a no cd patch. I buy physical copies of all my games and use these to save wear & tear on the physical medium.

I'll probably do this, though I purchased the game so I would't have to do that kind of thing. Oh well.

Ubisoft has been having server problems all weekend. Gamers have been complaining and Ubisoft has said absolutely nothing about it. I bet your problem is related.

We'll find out. I'm gonna give em a call today.

Boy, that sure makes sense. Let's pirate games, play them, and then pay the developers for a legit copy that never works...

Boy, that sure makes sense. Let's pirate games, play them, and then pay the developers for a legit copy that never works...

He admitted he stole the game already, and played it twice. I have 0 sympathy for him now buying the game and having some issues. Would it have happened anyway if he hadn't stole the game? Yes, but too bad, don't steal shit.

He admitted he stole the game already, and played it twice. I have 0 sympathy for him now buying the game and having some issues. Would it have happened anyway if he hadn't stole the game? Yes, but too bad, don't steal shit.
He didn't explicitly say he did anything. Who knows, he may have beat it twice on console :rolleyes:.

So what? I think you have your signals crossed somewhere...if he had a problem with a pirated version, THEN zero sympathy.

In this case, regardless of what he did before, he paid money for a game and it doesn't work. It doesn't really matter what you think of piracy.

I mean, basically what you are saying is that you should be punished for pirating a game and then deciding that you like it so much, you are going to support the developer and buy a legit copy. If this were the case there would be no motivation for pirates to go legit in the first place...

Gotta love how server outages can stop you from enjoying SINGLE PLAYER. You practically have to crack a legit copy these days.

Gotta love how server outages can stop you from enjoying SINGLE PLAYER. You practically have to crack a legit copy these days.

Or..... GASP go without it like if your tv service had an issue. Such an unreal idea, I know, to actually deal with life instead of criminally cheat it.

I'd like to see all of this cloud based gaming to bye bye and back to physical media

i dunno, i like steam and origin. my only issue right now is the 100 friend limit on origin i need it to be around 250+

Or..... GASP go without it like if your tv service had an issue. Such an unreal idea, I know, to actually deal with life instead of criminally cheat it.

Well, generally I like to use the services/products I pay money for, so....

i uninstalled far cry 3 today (good game)

but during the uninstallation process, it started the game (?!) then i exited the game normally and popped up a little window that said that it was deauthorized.

its a weird thing to see.

Well, generally I like to use the services/products I pay money for, so....

So if your cell service goes out for an hour, what are you going to do? Same thing here. You can't just go stealing things because of that.

So if your cell service goes out for an hour, what are you going to do? Same thing here. You can't just go stealing things because of that.

1) Piracy is not stealing/theft/any other word that means the same thing

2) Depends on how long it went out. If it was out for days, you can be damn sure I would be getting ahold of my cell provider and getting a discount or a refund for the time when my service was down. You COULD call if it went out for an hour, but the time you spend trying to talk to a CSR is probably not worth any refund you would get back.

Then wtf is piracy? You guys always try to defend it/come up with excuses, but in the end all you are doing is depriving a company of revenue for a product they researched, produced and marketed. Stop pretending you are doing something in your legal right, you're not. You are stealing.

Then wtf is piracy? You guys always try to defend it/come up with excuses, but in the end all you are doing is depriving a company of revenue for a product they researched, produced and marketed. Stop pretending you are doing something in your legal right, you're not. You are stealing.

"You guys" need to stop assuming he pirates anything. :rolleyes:

That's not even the issue. The issue is that a persistent internet connection is REQUIRED to play even the offline, single-player game.

I've avoided FC3 because of uplay and will continue to do so for this reason.

Well I just got off the phone with Ubisoft support and I must say they were very helpful. I made a typo on my e-mail address the first time, so he deleted that account and fixed the typo on the account with the CD key associated with it. He spoke perfect English and I was on the phone for 2 minutes, maybe.

That being said it still annoys the crap out of me that Uplay even has to be involved with launching the game. If anything that's incentive for playing a pirated copy: no Steam, no Uplay.

And as far as that goes, I sometimes like to make sure games are good before shelling out money for them. I can't tell you how much I hate myself for pre-ordering Grid 2. I also have a list a mile long of steam purchased games.

I think people who pirate fall into 3 categories:

A. Too poor to buy the game in the first place and never will
B. Want to try the game and would not pay for it even if it wasn't available to pirate
C. Need to pirate just to play the game because of DRM issues (exp. No-CD crack)

Either way the argument that it takes money from the dev is not very valid.

I for one buy all my games. My steam library is over 200 games and I have plenty of physical media. But lets not kid ourselves that pirating is black and white and is always bad. The fact that you can't play single player on a game because of DRM is ludicrous and cracking it, is IMO, justified.

This DRM shit is also the reason console sales tend to beat PC.

I think people who pirate fall into 3 categories:

A. Too poor to buy the game in the first place and never will
B. Want to try the game and would not pay for it even if it wasn't available to pirate
C. Need to pirate just to play the game because of DRM issues (exp. No-CD crack)

Either way the argument that it takes money from the dev is not very valid.

I for one buy all my games. My steam library is over 200 games and I have plenty of physical media. But lets not kid ourselves that pirating is black and white and is always bad. The fact that you can't play single player on a game because of DRM is ludicrous and cracking it, is IMO, justified.

This DRM shit is also the reason console sales tend to beat PC.

Agreed 100%, great post. Additionally I would say there is a 4th category, being people who want to "demo" the game when there is no demo available, but would still consider purchasing if they liked it.

Back