Twitter's Director of AR/VR Leaves the Company

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
The head of Twitter's AR/VR team Alessandro Sabatelli announced via tweet that he was moving on from the company after being hired in June 2016. TechCrunch reached out to Sabatelli for more details on where he is going next, but has not had a response at the time of writing. Sabatelli was hired at Twitter after leaving a music-focused VR startup he created, and had previously worked at Apple as a designer.

Twitter had a director of AR/VR? I did not know that. His tweet is also a bit confusing, saying "Together we managed to ship product while having fun." What product did they ship?

After three and a half years I'm moving on from Twitter (actual elapsed time 18 months). It's been an incredible ride and I've had the great pleasure to work alongside some amazing people! Together we managed to ship product while having fun. Thanks everyone #

I too am interested in what technology Twitter has been shipping?

also june 2016 to now isnt 18 months, and it isn't three and a half years(where did that come from?)

this is all just weird.

also june 2016 to now isnt 18 months, and it isn't three and a half years(where did that come from?)

this is all just weird.

Maybe 18 months is 3 and a half years if your reality is augmented enough.

Reactions: DF-1
like this

this is all just weird.

Ever heard this old joke?

"Oh, Toledo? Yeah I spent a month there one weekend"

I think that's what he was getting at.

Back