Twitter Nears $10 Billion Valuation

HardOCP News

[H] News
Someone seriously needs to explain to me, in 140 characters or less, how Twitter could have a $10 billion valuation because I just don't see it.

Fortune has now learned from multiple sources that there is yet another block of early employee shares available, at a valuation of $9.9 billion. The shares would be secured by a fund affiliated with Gentry Venture Partners, which has been pitching the deal to clients.

Because each of the 500 million users is worth an arbitrary, pulled out of the ass value of $20.

I'll leave this here as it is the only thing that needs to be said.

popping-bubbles.jpg

Because thats what should be known as the "Microsoft price?" :p

If Skype, a company with debts who have never made any profit ever is worth $8.4b...

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that many celebrities, and popular people are using it, that itself made it a huge attraction.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that many celebrities, and popular people are using it, that itself made it a huge attraction.

A good alternative to Twitter could have it so that the celebrity’s site gets say 50%-90% of the advertising revenue, using it to support/subsidise whatever they pass down to the fans/followers. Each time a fan/follower visits, advertising revenue is generated; making it self-sustaining for those who attract or supply the content.

I just think that some of these social networking website founders are getting way too much of the money, and that needs to be stopped.

Share the money around, as well as the info.

Twitter is very valuable because of the celebrity backdrop. Advertisers sponsor celebrities who mention brands in their tweets, and are paid big dollars per tweet. Twitter is in essence an advertising vehicle and a social media website all rolled into 140 characters or less.

LinkedIn may actually have some value in terms of career opportunities and how much companies are willing to pay for talent. Twitter is just mindless droves of people posting garbage and cluttering the internet, but since it generates money for 'celebrities' we're stuck with it until something wonderf... I mean, terrible, happens

I just think that some of these social networking website founders are getting way too much of the money, and that needs to be stopped.

Share the money around, as well as the info.

Build a competing product?

The info is shared all the major social networks have open APIs.

Back