Twitch Introduces IRL

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Dec 16, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform for gamers, today launched “IRL”, a new content category designed to both enable and encourage Twitch’s creators to step outside of their traditional gameplay content, and share content captured from their everyday lives. This category was inspired by creator feedback regarding the ability to interact with their viewers in more vlog-inspired personal ways not tethered to video games. To support the category, Twitch is introducing new community guidelines and upcoming plans for the ability to broadcast your camera directly from the Twitch mobile app.

2. Gweenz

Gweenz [H]ard|Gawd

Nobody cares what they do IRL. If their lives were interesting they wouldn't be spending so much time streaming on Twitch.

HockeyJon, Compddd and Rahh like this.
  3. DocSavage

DocSavage 2[H]4U

Sounds like a decent evolution that helps the content creators' freedom.

Next they need to add a triple-x category to make finding the good content easier.

4. Lifelite

Lifelite 2[H]4U

LOL it's only a matter of time till Twitch has a cam girl section.

lostinseganet likes this.
  5. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

Maybe I'm just too old, but I find both Twitch and professional YouTube to be complete and utter nonsense.

I've seen some of the shit my stepson follows on YouTube. Watching others play games seems like it would be dull as hell, and the non-game related stuff just seems absolutely retarded, yet he still gobbles it up for some reason I will never understand.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my occasional cat/fail/instructional video on YouTube, but I have never subscribed to a channel, and never followed one of these so-called YouTube celebrities.

6. VooDooPC

VooDooPC n00b

You are too old. The YouTube and Twitch content these 20 something year-olds are making is for kids, not adults. It appears to be complete and utter nonsense because it actually is.

Zarathustra[H] likes this.
  7. viscountalpha

viscountalpha 2[H]4U

I follow twitch streamers if only to participate with them.

8. DocSavage

DocSavage 2[H]4U

Some people follow twitch streamers just to follow them in-game and troll them.

9. lostinseganet

lostinseganet [H]ard|Gawd

People care to see people eat and boobies. Bring them together and the profits will come.

10. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Given that it explicitly breaks Twitch rules...probably not.