Truth In Advertising

I went to that place once. (Red Devil Lounge)

Full of hipsters and DB's.

They've definitely had some good signs up...but I prefer Casa D'Ice They always have something up that hits home ;)

I find it ironic that many of the signs complain about English and Spanish, but their business name has a Spanish word in it.

The Casa D'Ice signs aren't clever or funny, just angry. Anyone who still brings up the whole "press 1 for english" meme and is still angry about it gets brushed off.

I find it ironic that many of the signs complain about English and Spanish, but their business name has a Spanish word in it.

d'ice isn't spanish, it could be italian but it surely isn't spanish.

You guys can't be serious... :)

"casa" is also used in italian, the guy's name is bill balsamico (an italian immigrant), therefore his lounge is the house of ice or ice house

his signs are full of anger, but I do agree about immigrants at least TRYING to learn the native language if they're going to move and live here (and dont say "oh then we should all learn to speak navajo or some other american-indian language" bs, you know I'm talking about english, or american english whatever)

I am happy that here in California they finally took out the option to take the DMV tests in spanish, bunch of bull that ever got approved in the first place...

"casa" is also used in italian, the guy's name is bill balsamico (an italian immigrant), therefore his lounge is the house of ice or ice house...
Well that explains it. The Italians I know personally spout racial slurs quite openly.

I saw one co-worker go off because someone asked him what kind of pasta he was eating. :rolleyes: Anyone been called a Mangia Cake, before?

That's some serious pentup rage that guy has. Some of it's damn funny, some of it's just racist though.

Most of it was pretty funny.... Didn't really see anything I would call racist though... purely none PC though.. :D I hate all the PC crap.

"casa" is also used in italian, the guy's name is bill balsamico (an italian immigrant), therefore his lounge is the house of ice or ice house

So an Italian immigrant is bitching about immigrants..

So an Italian immigrant is bitching about immigrants..

He seemed to be bitching about illegal immigrants and those who do not learn the common language.

I have to agree with him on the illegal issue in part. Well, at least so far to say it is an issue....after that I do not know how much we would agree on. The language thing is just petty. It's not exactly difficult to press '1' on a phone yet that was one of his recurring rants.

They've definitely had some good signs up...but I prefer Casa D'Ice They always have something up that hits home ;)

IF neo-con herp-derp idiocy hits close to home for you, then you're not very bright.

Why are you bringing this up in this thread, anyway?

That's some serious pentup rage that guy has. Some of it's damn funny, some of it's just racist though.

There was nothing racist about it, when you can't give a legit retort in an argument it has to be because your being targeted for your skin color right . . . ?

was hoping those were fake signs but does not seem so, wonder if that helps or hurts business?

but the iphone sign, pure gold!

There was nothing racist about it, when you can't give a legit retort in an argument it has to be because your being targeted for your skin color right . . . ?

Perhaps you weren't reading the same signs I was. What is not racist about "to liberate a country of camel jockeys", "leave behind plenty of bombs, they'll kill themselves that's their way of life", "wet backs belong south of the Rio Grand. Press 1 for english, Press 2 for deportation". "800 mile walmart store, american's use the front to shop, mexicans the rear to work, everyone's happy".

Those aren't targeting skin color? Come on now.

Back