TRUE really got beaten?!!

for cpu cooling...it all depends on the ambient, type of cpu, how good you lapped it, or pressure modifications. i had ASUS Silent Knight AL on Q6600 26c.. TRUE on Q6600 same thing on core temp... know what i mean?

i do, but %99 of the reviews since it came out, it was always on top, and many people own experiences always showed it as being king vs most all other coolers.

i do, but %99 of the reviews since it came out, it was always on top, and many people own experiences always showed it as being king vs most all other coolers.

yep. because of the reviews, people keep buying them became popular. meaning no one cares about the others, but that. so yeah XD

for cpu cooling...it all depends on the ambient, type of cpu, how good you lapped it, or pressure modifications. i had ASUS Silent Knight AL on Q6600 26c.. TRUE on Q6600 same thing on core temp... know what i mean?

Nope...no idea what you mean...cause idle temps mean everything...right?

For all we know, despite any claims you make...your ASUS Silent Knight could have been lapped and pressure modded, where-as your TRUE "testing" was done with an unlapped CPU and heatsink with out a "pressure mod".

Basically, your noobie claims mean very little, especially since all you said was they have the same idle temp, with no documentation what so ever, and even further, idle temp really means...nothing. Know what i mean?

EDIT: Further, degrees over ambient isnt exactly accurate either unless each time the ambient temp was exactly the same, which i doubt it was. (Did the article mention is was? Dont have time to read the whole thing ATM). Heat dissipation is NOT linear.

EDIT2: http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYxNCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

[H] already did this test, with a very accurate temperature measurement. Did Prolimatech modify their HS in any way since then? If not, [H] says they are basically the same thing, for the same price, but the TRUE has more versatility with AMD.

TRUE is still king in my book, due to the mounting options.

I trust Benchmark Reviews since it had been doing lots CPU coolers review and roundups. And the testing methology seemed to be legit.

For all we know, despite any claims you make...your ASUS Silent Knight could have been lapped and pressure modded, where-as your TRUE "testing" was done with an unlapped CPU and heatsink with out a "pressure mod".

Basically, your noobie claims mean very little, especially since all you said was they have the same idle temp, with no documentation what so ever, and even further, idle temp really means...nothing. Know what i mean?

EDIT: Further, degrees over ambient isnt exactly accurate either unless each time the ambient temp was exactly the same, which i doubt it was. (Did the article mention is was? Dont have time to read the whole thing ATM). Heat dissipation is NOT linear.

EDIT2: http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYxNCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

[H] already did this test, with a very accurate temperature measurement. Did Prolimatech modify their HS in any way since then? If not, [H] says they are basically the same thing, for the same price, but the TRUE has more versatility with AMD.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! You could probably use the stock intel cooler and still get the same idle temps, not only are idle temps not measured well, but they also mean nothing because of the very small heat output, and so it becomes almost fully dependent on ambient and not the cooling power of the HS.

However the margin between the two is small, and even smaller on other tests I have seen, and this new cooler does not always come out on top. This IS only one review of a new cooler, the TRUE has been out for a long time and has stood the test of time from reviewers and customers alike. Every time a new cooler comes out everyone is so happy to yell from the roof tops the new "TRUE killer". Wile the TRUE may be killed off some day, and this even might be the cooler, it still has to stand the test of time. I know I sure am not going to give up my TRUE for maybe a C or two.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! You could probably use the stock intel cooler and still get the same idle temps, not only are idle temps not measured well, but they also mean nothing because of the very small heat output, and so it becomes almost fully dependent on ambient and not the cooling power of the HS.

Not only that, but i forgot to mention C1E and speedstep. I bet i could slap a SB cooler on a CPU and have decent idle temps. The TRUE was incredibly well designed, and i dont think there will be an aircooler to beat it for quite some time until the really exotic materials are commonplace...whatever the hell they are...carbon nanotube tech or even diamond if it could ever be artificially created and cost effective...(big LOLs there).

Ive seen several people report that the TRUE is better at cooling OCed i7 than some good water setups. Not your typical thermaltake pos...

Speaking of the TRUE, what the frak is this:

ThermalrightSearch01.jpg

I do a search for thermalright in google, and look at their description. Nude pics?? WTF!

No photoshopping whatsoever.

Also, will a new backplate work with my current TRUE to make it work on an i7? If yes, anyone have a link to the right one?

TRUE is still king in my book, due to the mounting options.

actually to tell you the truth. they both have nothing to do with modding it. if i still have them ill post the pics to prove it to you. but idle temp is just the ideal. it was around the same literally. full load for my q6600 on both coolers was around 52c. freaking no difference what so ever. if 8c difference yeah ill say. but it was prolly like 1-2c difference. oOOOO WOWWOWOWO. ill do some test later on when i recieve my new rig. so ill tell you my noobie claims.

but seriously. why are you getting defensive. lol insulting and shiet its just a freaking cooler! for crying out loud

actually to tell you the truth. they both have nothing to do with modding it. if i still have them ill post the pics to prove it to you. but idle temp is just the ideal. it was around the same literally. full load for my q6600 on both coolers was around 52c. freaking no difference what so ever. if 8c difference yeah ill say. but it was prolly like 1-2c difference. oOOOO WOWWOWOWO. ill do some test later on when i recieve my new rig. so ill tell you my noobie claims.

but seriously. why are you getting defensive. lol insulting and shiet its just a freaking cooler! for crying out loud

People are fangirls of things, even coolers :rolleyes: . Ignore him... he's the noob, not you ;).

P.S. LOL SirKronan, I googled it and saw that too now :eek: .

Defensive? Insulting? More like critical....of incorrect assumptions and testing methods.

Oh, and BTW...1-2c is certainly enough to denote a "king". Dont bother with your "noobie" claims either. No one will care.

Oh, and idle temp isnt even close to the ideal testing scenario. As i said, heat dissipation is not linear, its actually a complex set of differential equations that i couldnt possibly explain at this point, nor would i bother.

People are fangirls of things, even coolers :rolleyes: . Ignore him... he's the noob, not you ;).

Lol. aw! What a cutie.

Defensive? More like critical....of incorrect assumptions and testing methods.

Oh, and BTW...1-2c is certainly enough to denote a "king". Dont bother with your "noobie" claims either. No one will care.

Oh, and idle temp isnt even close to the ideal testing scenario. As i said, heat dissipation is not linear, its actually a complex set of differential equations that i couldnt possibly explain at this point.

Read his post, he listed load and idle tests ;) which are borne out by many reviews I have seen.

nissanztt90 said:
Lol. aw! What a cutie.

See you haven't decided to be any nicer on forums than your trash talking back when I was bringing you (and this forum) 8800GT and 280 info before it was known to be anything but rumor ;).

Defensive? More like critical....of incorrect assumptions and testing methods.

Oh, and idle temp isnt even close to the ideal testing scenario. As i said, heat dissipation is not linear, its actually a complex set of differential equations that i couldnt possibly explain at this point, nor would i bother.

Lol. aw! What a cutie.

LOL. dont feel like putting people down today. like seriously. all good. their opinion. ill live.

Read his post, he listed load and idle tests ;) which are borne out by many reviews I have seen.

Yes i did. And no he didnt.

See you haven't decided to be any nicer on forums than your trash talking back when I was bringing you (and this forum) 8800GT and 280 info before it was known to be anything but rumor ;).

I called you a cutie! How much nicer can i get? And if i recall correctly (and i do), im just about 100% certain i was calling you out for stating info with out any credible backing...so...way to twist the story! Also, i dont believe i said anything regarding info on the 280, but then again, i barely remember the 8800GT fiasco. You see...sometimes...i dont sit in front of my PC all day...

LOL. dont feel like putting people down today. like seriously. all good. their opinion. ill live.

Lol. Like seriously, go ahead and put me down (assuming you can, and your not just pulling out the ol' ad hominem). I wont feel bad. All good. Your opinion. Ill Live.

idk if he's really serious about this. thats why im laughing. but other than the nonsense. TRUE got beaten, and IT AINT ALL THAT!

idk if he's really serious about this. thats why im laughing. but other than the nonsense. TRUE got beaten, and IT AINT ALL THAT!

According to [H]...no...it really didnt. They are essentially even.

Apples to apples at stock, edge went to Prolimatech by 0.2.

OCed, edge went to TRUE with 0.5.

Both are well within any margin of error.

EDIT: Meant to post load numbers, not idle. Prolimatech by 1 degree at stock, TRUE by .2 with OC.

According to [H]...no...it really didnt. They are essentially even.

One site says they're even, a couple others say the Megahalem beats the TRUE... sounds like the idea that it's a superior cooler is very likely true (ooh bad pun!).

One site says they're even, a couple others say the Megahalem beats the TRUE... sounds like the idea that it's a superior cooler is very likely true (ooh bad pun!).

And did all those websites machine a groove into the IHS and place a thermal probe there like [H]? Yeah...didnt think so. Feel free to trust CoreTemp over a hardware probe though!

EDIT: Feel free to point out any other website with a quote as direct as this:

"In keeping with the spirit of the [H] we are once again doing hardware heat measurment. This means drilling a very small path into an expensive CPU to place our thermocouple in. This is by far the best way to test coolers and the only way here at the [H]."

If you dont agree with that...dont post here. :)

the problem with reviews on heatsinks is that they are 99.9% of the time open benchmarks.. which completely rely on the ambient temp.. so you can only compare reviews to reviews you cant compare them to your own person use because there are far to many variables when doing that.

the problem with reviews on heatsinks is that they are 99.9% of the time open benchmarks.. which completely rely on the ambient temp.. so you can only compare reviews to reviews you cant compare them to your own person use because there are far to many variables when doing that.

And don't forget that if the review linked in the OP used an older TRUE and a brand new Megahalems, the odds are completely stacked in favor of the newer HSF, as the older TRUE has probably developed a considerable rust problem by now, hampering its cooling ability substantially.

As a result, our testing methodology has changed with every edition of our Best CPU Cooler Performance series. Because of this, each article is really its own stand-alone product, and cannot be fairly compared to the others.

But the TRUE is not listed in the "New LGA1366 Test Products" or even "Previous Performers". I looked all over their site for the TRUE testing to try and figure out where the 40.14 C (/slaps knee ".14" that is just amusing as hell. ) over ambient can anyone link me where this number came from ?

The mega-whatever certainly does seem to be an excellent heatsink. Is it better than the TRUE ? - I can say I am 100% sure that until they are both tested on the same testbed I dont have any freaking clue and I do not see how anyone else could come to any sustainable conclusion either.

And cut that bickering shit out.

seriously though, you can't go wrong with either the Megathermalunderwear or the TRUE DAT!!!..... Both are good heatsinks...

And don't forget that if the review linked in the OP used an older TRUE and a brand new Megahalems, the odds are completely stacked in favor of the newer HSF, as the older TRUE has probably developed a considerable rust problem by now, hampering its cooling ability substantially.

TRUE wont rust. I believe its nickle plated aluminum and copper, and i dont believe nickel oxidizes. While it would have been fair to use a fresh one, it likely cools just as well as it did on day 1.

TRUE wont rust. I believe its nickle plated aluminum and copper, and i dont believe nickel oxidizes. While it would have been fair to use a fresh one, it likely cools just as well as it did on day 1.

Lol. Tune up your sarcasm detector. It was for a laugh. :D

Speaking of the TRUE, what the frak is this:

I do a search for thermalright in google, and look at their description. Nude pics?? WTF!

No photoshopping whatsoever.

Also, will a new backplate work with my current TRUE to make it work on an i7? If yes, anyone have a link to the right one?

haha, its still like that when googled...

Is this thing available anywhere? TRUE can't stay king forever. I am up for any heatsink that cools better or cools as well for cheaper.

Is this thing available anywhere? TRUE can't stay king forever. I am up for any heatsink that cools better or cools as well for cheaper.

Their website says, frozencpu, sidewindercomputers and crazypc. None even have the Prolimatech listed.

Saying another cooler is better than the TRUE on any forum is like shooting a rocket at a gas tank. Expect flames.

Those strange google results may be the results of an ill-conceived search function. Working like so. . . as an example. . .

The (----redacted----) file had a nice function where it would grab whatever term was searched and put it in the results page itself as a sort of "you searched for x. . . now here are the results" function. It was also grabbing the search term and placing it in the title of the results page as well.

Basically the problem was that the search results page was taking the unsanitized input from the search input box and dumping it into the body of the results. So, if someone put HTML code into their search submissions, they could essentially create pages "on the fly" with links to their potency drug pharmacy page via the results page.​

Back