Phazedplasma

Limp Gawd
So I just upgraded to sandy bridge with a new build:

i5 2500
Asus p8p67
4x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz 1.65v
GTX 275 (from old system)
WD Raptor 300GB

So my comp boots fine, installs windows, then when I get into windows It restarts on me. This has taken anywhere from 10seconds to 2 minutes.

Some things I have tried so far:

-Safe mode (ran in safe mode fine for a while, checked event log, no windows errors besides the critical ones that say PC has shutdown unexpectedly)
-I can sit in bios forever
-CPU is running in the mid 40s (C) and mobo is mid 30s
-no BSOD

One issue is my RAM, which is showing up in bios as 1333mhz and 1.5v I can change to XMP settings in bios and then it will recognize 1600mhz and 1.65v but the issue in windowds still happens.

I have tried reinstalling windows and then only installing the drivers manually (not using the asus disc) but I wasnt even able to install the first driver before it restart.

Thanks,

[Testing the RAM]
Download Memtest86+ v4.00 or whatever the latest version is, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately as well as test the RAM all together. Go for a full 24 hours if you want to be completely sure that the RAM is not a problem. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is defective or you have incorrect settings for the RAM.

[Testing the Hard Drive]
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives. Alternatively, you can use Seagate's SeaTools for DOS to test a Seagate or Maxtor drive. For a Western Digital drive, you could use Data Lifeguard Tools for DOS to test a Western Digital drive.

I have nothing to burn it with :\ I'm on a netbook with no dvd drive.

Also in regards to the HD testing, I have since posting this tried to install on a HD I know is good and same thing happened. Does this really seem like a HD problem?

Thanks,

Back