Trippy Apple G5 - PC Mod

oh mah gawd its emazing!
What are the updated/final specs?

wow very nice mod! I love these G5 cases! Excellent work, how about some more pics! rear shots in particular

People wanted to see the back so here it is (with the white cathode lights on):
g5outsideback5ii.jpg

This is DONE! :cool:

importpsycho said:
can the front mesh cover be removed so I can put front intake fans?
Riiiiiiise from your grave!
You would need to take a dremel to it. The front metal mesh is part of the construction of the frame, I don't see why it would need to be removed though.

mashie said:
Thread necro is bad, mkey?
Holy Crap, that's funny!!!

GodSpeed: He might be asking about it in an effort to reduce the impedance caused by the drilled metal vs. something more open like a wire grill. But I agree....there's no reason to mangle the front of this case.

Well a simple solution would be adding a spacer between the fan and the grill, that would allow it to more work more freely and reduce noise/pressure.
PHP:
||=| |
|| | |
||=|_|
    ^-Fan
  ^-Spacer
^-Grill

opps sorry
I was asking about the white piece of plastic sheet that seems to be covering front mesh
I was wondering if that could be removed easily

Godspeed... Can you give me specific instructions of how this front panel works and is hooked up since I am planning to PC my G5 case.. :) Also another thing where can I get the CD/DVD slot case opener? when I bought my case mine didn't have the sliding piece?

I have read all the post.. Is there any advices that you have for me that you wish you had not done or have another route to go for if you could redo all over again?

On top of this GREAT work you have done with your G5...

Back