TriFire 5970+5850 broke 100 Avg,60 Min

Well I am not going to sit here and type and defend myself on the net.
I asked my MOM and she said I can buy what I want LOL.
Now get real guys I am a adult who has a hobby on computers.

Edit:FTW Nvidia Also you guys know Nvidia and ATI AA modes are not the same ,of course you do LOL.
Tested Crysis Warhead with 4 different drivers to see which one worked the best for me.DX9 and DX10.

Core I7 with trisli 285 on Windows 7 RC 7100

Click image for full size

Crysis Warhead DX9 all test done on Enthusiast settings.

Crysis Warhead DX10 all test done on Enthusiast settings.

Last edited:
Overkill for sure. But nice rig. No pics? I'd post a pic of my rig but people have probably seen it a billion time on these forums, and I'm not in the mood to hear the tards whine about it.

I think true hobbyists will watercool their system, so something for you to think about.

Overkill for sure. But nice rig. No pics? I'd post a pic of my rig but people have probably seen it a billion time on these forums, and I'm not in the mood to hear the tards whine about it.

I think true hobbyists will watercool their system, so something for you to think about.

No need to waterecool air is fine.I could do it but I really never will because I am not a bencher I just play games so to get the highest overclock or best numbers is not me.I
just like to play games the way I want thats all.
I like the ATI cards but they need some work.

Not all people watercool to bench, they do it to have a silent system.

So you said you had 3 GTX 285's and was not satisfied with the performance? As much as I hate to play Crysis or any game for that matter with no AF and No AA heres 2 GTX 285's (not overclocked btw) running crysis warhead at 1920x1080 no aa and no af:

Not sure an extra 15 fps avg at 8xAA is worth the price of 5970+5850 trifire...

not quite sure if you understand its "BENCHMARK"

nVidia is always better on benchmark runs in Crysis, but way lower on max setting in actual game play.

I had GTX 295 and I know how high the fps goes when I run benchmark, it looks outstanding, but the actual game play is worse than 4870X2...

therefore when you think about 15fps difference, you might want to try recording the fps while in the actual gameplay, it will deep down into 20-40 alot... I mean A LOT, most likely to be avg fps range....

that is also the reason why [H] review never use that benchmark ... its entirely inaccurate...

not quite sure if you understand its "BENCHMARK"

nVidia is always better on benchmark runs in Crysis, but way lower on max setting in actual game play.

I had GTX 295 and I know how high the fps goes when I run benchmark, it looks outstanding, but the actual game play is worse than 4870X2...

therefore when you think about 15fps difference, you might want to try recording the fps while in the actual gameplay, it will deep down into 20-40 alot... I mean A LOT, most likely to be avg fps range....

that is also the reason why [H] review never use that benchmark ... its entirely inaccurate...

Yes I agree,heres a screen while gaming 1920x1200 8x MSAA Enthusiast 2M TRI'S 100
AVG

Air cooling can be just as intriguing, if not more so than water. I happen to love the look of a nice fat copper heatsink on my VGA.

Gerard, no need to defend yourself here, just curious as to what you do for a living that enables quite the collection :D. Don't need to know income figures or anything like that, just a profession would be sufficient.

Man I feel better about paying the price for my 5970 now with all the cards you have gone through LOL, But I see nothing wrong with living life and enjoying what you love to do.....;)

I was just questing for a card that could give consistently smooth framerates in Crysis. I know that my card will perform awesome in other games since I feel like I have finally tamed Crysis. I get about 34-38fps average in Crysis 1920x1200 2xAA 16xAF Enthusiast. To me that is a great accomplishment. I finally have played through my copies of Crysis and Crysis Warhead now. I bought them back when they first came out when I was just running an 8800GTX and then a 4870 and the performance was just horrid so I just stopped playing the game. I figured I should wait until I can play the game all the way through with stable frame rates once the hardware caught up to the software. I waited patiently for the most part, but it just amazed me how much of a premium one had to pay in order to play the game at nice frame rates.

Hmmm Has anyone ever considered the fact that Crysis just might be coded shitty? god forbid we consider that option..

I agree, I think the coding blows. I'm playing through it for the first time on High and it really doesn't look as good as a game that demands such hardware to run as nicely as other games.

Man I feel better about paying the price for my 5970 now with all the cards you have gone through LOL, But I see nothing wrong with living life and enjoying what you love to do.....;)

Agreed. I don't own Crysis because I think it's a crappy game according to most accounts/reviews. I'll probably download the bench though just to see how twin 5970s will do at 0 AA and 1920x1080.

Once I get my 3rd NEC, I'll be able to do some Eyefinity testing.

It's impressive, but is it good enough to keep up with Fermi.

Ran the same benchmark as the OP however I'm down almost 1Ghz in CPU and all cards clocked to 900/1150...

crysiswarheadbench.png

Ran the same benchmark as the OP however I'm down almost 1Ghz in CPU and all cards clocked to 900/1150...

crysiswarheadbench.png

Sweet run,actually the 1 ghz wont make a lick of difference,even though people tell ya it will.
Driver is different in this case.The 9.12 is slower then the beta driver in a few games ,Crysis/WH is one of said games.9.12 hotfix is out although no changes for
Crysis it may bring your AVG to 100+.

I am waiting on fermi,but hey these ATI cards are ok.
Added some benches to post one.

Is there a reason you didn't just go for twin 5970s?

I am not being crass...I am not QUITE as bad as you, but I enjoy my games and have spent quite a bit to get the gameply where I want it (last one was Doom 3). :cool:

Just finishing up my new i7-920 build with 1 5970. I wanted to TRY it with one before getting a second one.

So apparently 100fps in crysis isn't good enough, and the fastest card on the planet right now is just "ok". This thread reeks of fanboy, no offense.

No one needs any where near 100 FPS in Crysis to actually play it, but it is his money to waste and so if he decides to keep buying stuff to improve his FPS that is his choice :p

Is there a reason you didn't just go for twin 5970s?

I am not being crass...I am not QUITE as bad as you, but I enjoy my games and have spent quite a bit to get the gameply where I want it (last one was Doom 3). :cool:

Just finishing up my new i7-920 build with 1 5970. I wanted to TRY it with one before getting a second one.

No I bought 5970 quad,just never got the first one I bought yet.

So apparently 100fps in crysis isn't good enough, and the fastest card on the planet right now is just "ok". This thread reeks of fanboy, no offense.

No offense but really,I have ATI cards but I want to buy the next best,Not a fanboy either way,but I do like Nvidia cards too.

Now THAT makes more sense..:D

As soon as supply isn't so bad, I'll be adding another one as well.

I figure I should at least fire up my new rig ONCE before adding a second 5970 ;)

What's so important about all these high frame rates when your monitor is only 60hz?

and so it begins... Plz for the love of sanity let's not start the FPS argument.

I would think it is a fairly [H] thing to want to see how far you can push technology. I love benhcmarke like these, gives you a good sense of what hardware can do now, and what it might be like in the future.

i ran crysis on highest settings and got higher fps than i do in world of warcraft, in dalaran.
is wow coded like shit? (read: maybe, dated as hell engine doing what its not designed for more likely)

Sorry Papa, Low FPS in major cities isn't because of your awesome video card and your sweet processor, no no, its because of the internet connection. Most of WoW's fps is because of the data rate to and from the server. Slow connection meets low FPS.

Back