Tribes Beta [H] players?

Krenum

Fully [H]
Just got my Tribes Beta key and was wondering if anyone on here plays and would like to do some co-op team deathmatching.....

edit : Looks like you can only join quick matching right now =/

I've been playing for a few weeks now. I was once a hardcore T2 player and Ascend is shaping up to be pretty decent, unlike that bastard that was Vengeance. Not sure how I feel about the freemium model and locked loadouts, but the gameplay's been pretty addicting so far, although it's far from finished (no indoors, etc.). Ahhh nostalgia.

In-game name is Dyeus.

Edit: It should let you join games in-progress with friends in them. Just have to add your friend to the list.

Last edited:
Original Tribes player here :D
I was really amazed how big some map are when i started the beta up :D

I actualy liked the single player part of Vengeance lol

Playing once a day for the 1200 bonus win exp .... maybe one day i'll unlock the engineer with the turrets...

Anyone who enjoys the game and thinks there's a good chance they will be playing it for a while might want to put the 8 dollars down for the 10 day booster. Reason being is that's the cheapest thing you can buy, and once you buy something, you're permanently a VIP and gain +50% tokens and XP forever thereafter.

Tribes Ascend name: Desnok

Feel free to add me. Same name on Steam.

I'm on as Centinel.

Never heard of Tribes before, but I never pass up an opportunity to play a game during the brief period of time when devs actually care about getting stuff right, so I signed up.

I was looking forward to play as a technician, but they're absolutely pathetic. The paper-mache turrets do practically nothing, and there's no real way for me to defend the generator. Scramblers seem a little too perfect. Other than that, though, it's easily the best FPS game I've played in recent memory.

I love tribes ascend, the only thing is that people who work together OWN so much. They can take over generator rooms and cap like crazy and it's very hard to stop them. I want to team up with some people

I've been playing on and off but on EU servers, it's a fun game but frustrating when the teams are unbalanced.

Totally Princess, I hate when rounds end in 5 minutes. I hope they allow servers to configure how rounds are played. I would rather play a really long timed match of CTF than playing to 5.

Been playing for the past few weeks

H4XonM4X since that is literally the only name it would let me use...

Wow, they updated this nicely it seems!

My name is Cutsman, add me and let's play!

I bought in on the $30 deal, but have not played in a couple months. Hirez does not support multi monitor setups so I won't be supporting them any further.

I bought in on the $30 deal, but have not played in a couple months. Hirez does not support multi monitor setups so I won't be supporting them any further.

They said they plan on implementing it, it's just not a high priority right now in beta (nor should it be).

I work out of town and they sent me two keys that i've been sitting on for a couple months so here's a key for someone or just like them on facetube.

R1DC762CFDFEA5417AB3BFB7B

http://www.facebook.com/tribesascend?sk=app_126443417467788
FB_LikeUs.jpg

They said they plan on implementing it, it's just not a high priority right now in beta (nor should it be).

That would be cool if they did. Do you have a link to this?

I just remember they were borderline jerks about this in GA.

I bought Tribes on Dec 23rd 1998 and it's been my favorite series since - but Vengeance was pretty bad and a lot of us were skeptical that HiRez could pull this off.

I'm on as Centinel.

Never heard of Tribes before, but I never pass up an opportunity to play a game during the brief period of time when devs actually care about getting stuff right, so I signed up.

I was looking forward to play as a technician, but they're absolutely pathetic. The paper-mache turrets do practically nothing, and there's no real way for me to defend the generator. Scramblers seem a little too perfect. Other than that, though, it's easily the best FPS game I've played in recent memory.

Haven't played Ascend, but in old Tribes turrets are more of nuisance than hard defense. Tribes is all offense, including the defense. You need to take it to attackers yourself. Your attacks plus the chipping away and distraction by the turrets is how it worked.

That would be cool if they did. Do you have a link to this?

I just remember they were borderline jerks about this in GA.

I bought Tribes on Dec 23rd 1998 and it's been my favorite series since - but Vengeance was pretty bad and a lot of us were skeptical that HiRez could pull this off.

You remember what day you got a video-game 14 years ago?!? How huge is your brain? :eek:

I've been playing it for a few months now, and I have to say, I love the way the devs are working so closely with the community. They're getting really close to the perfect accessibility/hard-to-master line.

Haven't played Ascend, but in old Tribes turrets are more of nuisance than hard defense. Tribes is all offense, including the defense. You need to take it to attackers yourself. Your attacks plus the chipping away and distraction by the turrets is how it worked.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to. Conceal the turrets behind something, lure enemy there, rinse and repeat. It only works on certain maps, though. Too bad you can't stick the turrets on walls and ceilings! Someone from another board said that you used to be able to do that in old Tribes games.

I ended up moving to Doombringer as my primary class because it's so loaded with defensive goodies. I sure hope they get an alternate sidearm in an upcoming patch! Nobody seems to use the vehicles, so the missile launcher is useless more often than not.

Is it me or are the servers really laggy right now?
A little bit. They ironed out after a while. New batch of beta players maybe?

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to. Conceal the turrets behind something, lure enemy there, rinse and repeat. It only works on certain maps, though. Too bad you can't stick the turrets on walls and ceilings! Someone from another board said that you used to be able to do that in old Tribes games.

I ended up moving to Doombringer as my primary class because it's so loaded with defensive goodies. I sure hope they get an alternate sidearm in an upcoming patch! Nobody seems to use the vehicles, so the missile launcher is useless more often than not.

I've been playing technician and pathfinder mostly, but I have also been dabbling in the sniper class. Some of those heavy classes have started setting up shop above a base and just lobbing nades and other artillery into it. Unfortunately, the base rifle does so little damage I can't get kills, but it is distracting enough that they don't end up leveling the base constantly.

As for Technician, getting two turrets up is the key, I think. Knowing they'll destroy one, and then luring them into the second seems to work as a decent strategy. I just wish the melee dmg was greater.

Since the update, I can't launch the game. Sigh. Guess I will have to spend 30 minutes or so trying to fix that soon. Weird update system but it is a beta so whatever.

Did you install the newer Nvidia drivers? Apparently tehre is an issue with the newest version of PhysX. I had to roll back to get it to work. No performance difference on my GTX470, but it launches fine.

playing as pantiehampster

its pretty fun. My first tribes. The pace and shooting reminds me of quake at times, and i really like that.

Always love shooting the general direction of somebody llama grabbing my flag, to hear 6 seconds later that i got a direct hit on them mid air. All luck.

^ It's hitscan, so your crosshairs have to be ON the person. Don't lead them.

Back