Trading issue with JDM_WAAAAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is your answer exe163..file with your CC company now......your never gonna see the money any other way.

Let PayPal deal with getting the money back from JDM....its not your problem

and JDM, you should be ashamed of yourself......you owe this man money, and your handling it like you don't care.

You need to look at it from my POV. He demanded a full refund after denying the package. That's right, he knowingly denied it.

The first time I went to the post office to pick up the package was last Friday (~3 weeks after my payment); my second attempt to pick up the package was Saturday, which unfortunately they closed upon my arrival; And the last attempt I went to pick up the package was this Monday, which I was informed the package has been shipped back.
Sorry, but this statement is utter BS. The post master general told me that the customer denied it. Let me prove my statement: (I also have pictures of the box where it proves that the PO was going to hold it until 2/28, and that the buyer refused it on 2/23. I will post those soon)

xie3.jpg

The buyer is renaging on his deal for no reason. He told me he didn't want the card anymore. I don't think he had the right to slam me with a claim when I didn't even have the package back yet. I tried to offer a partial refund, even send the card back, but apparently that wasn't possible.

Regards,

Logan

You need to look at it from my POV. He demanded a full refund after denying the package. That's right, he knowingly denied it.

Sorry, but this statement is utter BS. The post master general told me that the customer denied it. Let me prove my statement: (I also have pictures of the box where it proves that the PO was going to hold it until 2/28, and that the buyer refused it on 2/23. I will post those soon)

xie3.jpg

The buyer is renaging on his deal for no reason. He told me he didn't want the card anymore. I don't think he had the right to slam me with a claim when I didn't even have the package back yet. I tried to offer a partial refund, even send the card back, but apparently that wasn't possible.

Regards,

Logan

my guess is that his eyes were bigger than his wallet, or he got a better deal and decided to bone the OP, and please spare the OMFG$9EXTRAFEEFORDELIVERY!1!1!!1!1!, he already stated in this thread that the fee was no issue, read the thread, his "excuse" was that it was in a Newegg box and he didn't want to mistakenly take a package that could've been someone else's, which is total BS because someone else's package wouldn't have his name and address on it, it would have their's, a whole lot of things don't add up on the buyer's side while the seller was more than flexible with options and considering his heat would've ponied up for the extra shipping fee anyway...

exe163 and Crosshairs added to DNT list for me...

Crosshairs added to DNT list for me...

They do not make a smiley strong enough to convey my :rolleyes:
You can trade or not trade with whomever you want, but please, spare the rest of us your childishness. Crosshairs is one of our most respected traders here, and I would trust his advice as my own.

OP has the card. He still has $175 of the buyer's money.
Nothing that anyone else has brought up changes this fact.

The paypal route appears to be at its end, so, as has been noted, CC chargeback is the way to go.

I can see where both sides are coming from, here. The buyer quite obviously refused delivery, or failed to pick it up in time, or something. Definitely sounds like his fault, anyway. Then he expects a full refund, and I can understand wanting your money back if you didn't get the product. The seller doesn't have the money, which it may have been wise to not spend it immediately before it was made sure the deal went down to everyone's satisfaction, but he also has a "no returns period" policy on his FS/FT thread, so the buyer should have been aware of that in the first place. Regardless, the seller has tried to do all he can to resolve the issue, but it doesn't really seem fair to give a full refund considering the nature of the deal (being out shipping costs, etc.)

This forum isn't a store. You can't just decide you don't want something AFTER it's been shipped, and return it for all your money back. That screws the seller out of time, as well as money for shipping costs. However, if you don't end up with a product, you should get at least most of your money back.

Personally, I'd say try to refund the guy's money for the card, minus extended shipping costs incurred. He'd be lucky to even get that back for refusing the package after it shipped, which is a pretty lame move IMO.

Not that my opinion really matters, just thought I'd give my two cents. :cool:

I don't see much reason to going back to "who the blame" question, but here's my take on it.

Seller and I agreed on 375 shipped to my door step, which does not involve me going to the post office and 2 weeks late and ask me to pay for the shipping. If I try to make an excuse I could just not attempt to go to the post office in the first place and not get blame for "refusing the package". I consider this the basic rule of trading.

I am not so sure whether or not I used cc on this payment and I don't want to screw other sellers by accidentally refusing the wrong paypal entry.

Does Paypal take the lost when cc company denied the payment?

I would also like to take this chance to ask kindly to the seller for the rest of the refund.

Paypal takes the loss and goes after the seller for the rest of the amount if you file a chargeback with your CC. Paypal does not like this at all, but they are obviously not looking out for you if they can't recover the rest of your funds.

Paypal will deduct the amount given to you from the seller's account, putting his balance into the negatives. They will continue to remind him to bring his balance back up to zero and will eventually take it to their own collections if no resolution is made within a timely manner.

I hope I answered your question, I was a little confused with the wording.

Seller and I agreed on 375 shipped to my door step, which does not involve me going to the post office and 2 weeks late and ask me to pay for the shipping. If I try to make an excuse I could just not attempt to go to the post office in the first place and not get blame for "refusing the package". I consider this the basic rule of trading.

Uh, it's really up to USPS whether or not it gets shipped "to your doorstep." It isn't as if the seller is going to walk up personally and hand it to you. :rolleyes: If you really were going to refuse the package and demand a refund because you didn't want to have to go to the post office, and because for some reason USPS asked you to pay additional shipping, EVEN THOUGH the seller offered to pay the difference...I don't even have words for that. That's just laziness. I work 40 hours a week, and when USPS tries to deliver to me, oftentimes they will leave a note and hold it at the post office, since I'm always working when they do. I just go there on my way home from work the next day with no problems. Plus, they will hold packages for up to 10 working days until they return to sender. Also, it didn't even say it was returned to sender in this case, it said REFUSED. As in, someone (presumably you) refused to accept it. Who else would have refused it? It was addressed to you, and had your name on it.

Sorry, but this just irks me. I do believe you should get your money back minus shipping costs, but in all honesty a lot of this seems to be negligence on your part.

Uh, it's really up to USPS whether or not it gets shipped "to your doorstep." It isn't as if the seller is going to walk up personally and hand it to you. :rolleyes: If you really were going to refuse the package and demand a refund because you didn't want to have to go to the post office, and because for some reason USPS asked you to pay additional shipping, EVEN THOUGH the seller offered to pay the difference...I don't even have words for that. That's just laziness. I work 40 hours a week, and when USPS tries to deliver to me, oftentimes they will leave a note and hold it at the post office, since I'm always working when they do. I just go there on my way home from work the next day with no problems. Plus, they will hold packages for up to 10 working days until they return to sender. Also, it didn't even say it was returned to sender in this case, it said REFUSED. As in, someone (presumably you) refused to accept it. Who else would have refused it? It was addressed to you, and had your name on it.

Sorry, but this just irks me. I do believe you should get your money back minus shipping costs, but in all honesty a lot of this seems to be negligence on your part.

That's how I see it. I have already tried to ship it back to him, and I have also offered a partial refund, but to no avail.

Actually I did ask the seller afterward about the shipping fee. I don't know whether or not the post office people take it as a "refuse" when I leave without picking it up, but I am pretty sure that they did not deliver to me. And I did notice the seller about the problem and went to to pick up the package again after he agrees to meet the original agreed price.

As for my defense, people pay more to get it deliver on time (UPS/Fedex), they pay more to get deliver faster (overnight shipping), I don't find it acceptable when the deliver time is 3 weeks and require me to go pick the package up and ask for extra shipping fee. Strictly business speaking if you don't meet the requirement of the "deal", it is deal no more.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I checked paypal again, the status of the case changed from Closed to Appeal, not so sure what exactly it means but I will keep this thread updated.

Actually I did ask the seller afterward about the shipping fee. I don't know whether or not the post office people take it as a "refuse" when I leave without picking it up, but I am pretty sure that they did not deliver to me. And I did notice the seller about the problem and went to to pick up the package again after he agrees to meet the original agreed price.

As for my defense, people pay more to get it deliver on time (UPS/Fedex), they pay more to get deliver faster (overnight shipping), I don't find it acceptable when the deliver time is 3 weeks and require me to go pick the package up and ask for extra shipping fee. Strictly business speaking if you don't meet the requirement of the "deal", it is deal no more.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I checked paypal again, the status of the case changed from Closed to Appeal, not so sure what exactly it means but I will keep this thread updated.

Look man, you 'tried' to pick it up on Monday 2/23. You said the package was sent back by the PO.

I got the package back and it said HOLD UNTIL 2/28 and REFUSED BY SELLER all over it. (it was written like that, I am not yelling)

You are lying to me. Even after I said that I would cover any extra fees. (hell, those were my fault, but negligence is not.)

uspswilliamxietroll011.jpg

uspswilliamxietroll009.jpg

uspswilliamxietroll008.jpg

uspswilliamxietroll006.jpg

...But did you pay more to get that kind of service? If it went through USPS Priority, then no. If you wanted a super-fast service like UPS or Fedex that should have been discussed initially, and you should have paid more for it.

I don't see why you guys are still trying to explain yourselves on this deal. There is no point to it. There isn't even really a point in expressing your opinions about this trade now. As stated before, exe163 should just contact his CC company to file a chargeback. to attempt to recover the remaining funds. Put whoever you want on your DNT list, exchange heatware if it makes you feel better, move on.

Thanks for the help.

I am not so sure how chargeback works. If I chargeback with my CC company, what will paypal do to the seller and the paypal transaction I am wondering?

I think I will give paypal 1 final call this evening and see what happens.

Regards,
Will

Usually when you file a chargeback against a transaction, they will ask you to provide proof. So, try to gather as much information in "papers" as possible.

Btw, it would be great if you can talk to the seller again and ask him for the remaining minus shipping. This way will save you some time and let this move on.

They do not make a smiley strong enough to convey my :rolleyes:
You can trade or not trade with whomever you want, but please, spare the rest of us your childishness. Crosshairs is one of our most respected traders here, and I would trust his advice as my own.

OP has the card. He still has $175 of the buyer's money.
Nothing that anyone else has brought up changes this fact.

The paypal route appears to be at its end, so, as has been noted, CC chargeback is the way to go.

I'm not the only one who thinks something is more than just funny about the buyer's story, now all of a sudden the $9 fee is unacceptable again when before he posted that it wasn't the issue, he has lied repeatedly in this thread and now that refused by addressee is clearly shown on the package his story changes again to the fee being unacceptable, what a surprise, the seller was more than flexible with options and the buyer was totally inflexible...

you can also :rolleyes: all you want at my decisions on who I will trade with, but when mistakes are made I feel more comfortable trading with someone who is willing to work out the problem more than someone who refuses any of the other available options and jumps to what should be the last resort right away, and anyone else who thinks this is acceptable trading will not be trading with me either no matter how many or what degree of :rolleyes: I get, it may not be as big of a "privilege" to trade with me as it is with Crosshairs or you, but where I'm from money is money and people spend it where they feel comfortable doing so...

I'd assume if it says all trades are final there should be no argument on this. You buy from him, you basically agree to those terms am I right? So what's the issue?

I also advise buyer do the chargeback with his CC issuer.

If I'm not mistaken, that would require that PAYPAL cough up the extra $175 to the CC co.

and gentlemen, just thinking about THAT puts way more than a :D on My face

i would be :D if i was the seller too because i just make 150+ and get my video card back. :D:D:D

Anyway, i think this thread is done. Perhaps, lock it up?

It seems I did not use credit card as payment for this transaction, I could refuse another payment via cc by paypal but that would case another problem with a honest seller.

I called paypal I was informed that I do not get my full refund back due to seller's account is already empty, it will last until seller pay back his debt.

I'm not the only one who thinks something is more than just funny about the buyer's story, now all of a sudden the $9 fee is unacceptable again when before he posted that it wasn't the issue, he has lied repeatedly in this thread and now that refused by addressee is clearly shown on the package his story changes again to the fee being unacceptable, what a surprise, the seller was more than flexible with options and the buyer was totally inflexible...

you can also :rolleyes: all you want at my decisions on who I will trade with, but when mistakes are made I feel more comfortable trading with someone who is willing to work out the problem more than someone who refuses any of the other available options and jumps to what should be the last resort right away, and anyone else who thinks this is acceptable trading will not be trading with me either no matter how many or what degree of :rolleyes: I get, it may not be as big of a "privilege" to trade with me as it is with Crosshairs or you, but where I'm from money is money and people spend it where they feel comfortable doing so...

I advise you to understand the situation better before accusing someone, but it is also to my advantage to not trade with sellers put themselves over the buyer. I as a seller would make sure the item arrive to the buyer accordingly and accept the mistakes as my small lost. Nevertheless arguing over the facts does not change anything.

It seems I did not use credit card as payment for this transaction, I could refuse another payment via cc by paypal but that would case another problem with a honest seller.

I called paypal I was informed that I do not get my full refund back due to seller's account is already empty, it will last until seller pay back his debt.

I advise you to understand the situation better before accusing someone, but it is also to my advantage to not trade with sellers put themselves over the buyer. I as a seller would make sure the item arrive to the buyer accordingly and accept the mistakes as my small lost. Nevertheless arguing over the facts does not change anything.

The item did arrive accordingly, you as a buyer refused that item. In my eyes, that puts all fault on you - and what's more, you waited a week before doing anything. It is clear as day that you refused it, and it was also made clear on here that you could have simply paid the $9, gotten the card, and JDM would have reimbursed you. You chose not to, and instead file a claim. The claim has been appealed, so your money might come back the other direction, but that is not for certain. I would just sit back and watch this boil over.

In my eyes, the buyer is at fault because they chose not to cooperate and simply be reimbursed NINE dollars. I still can't get past the fact that this is over $9 when the purchase was for $375. It just blows my mind..

The item did arrive accordingly, you as a buyer refused that item. In my eyes, that puts all fault on you - and what's more, you waited a week before doing anything. It is clear as day that you refused it, and it was also made clear on here that you could have simply paid the $9, gotten the card, and JDM would have reimbursed you. You chose not to, and instead file a claim. The claim has been appealed, so your money might come back the other direction, but that is not for certain. I would just sit back and watch this boil over.

In my eyes, the buyer is at fault because they chose not to cooperate and simply be reimbursed NINE dollars. I still can't get past the fact that this is over $9 when the purchase was for $375. It just blows my mind..

1 day not 1 week if you excuse me. I did not accept an package that requires me to pay, so they assume that I am refusing it. I contacted seller the same time, he agrees to pay for the shipping if I could provide proof.

Then one business day later I went again and it's gone.

I filed the claim, and then had a hour chat with the seller and at the end of the day he refused to give full refund. Since we can't come to an agreement I escalated the claim to paypal.

This is what happened at the end of the third week after my payment, anything before that I was told that USPS messed up.

Who to blame is not part of my concern, as I only want my money back atm.

ive seen so many issues with mobos and vid cards (even some ive had) that i wisha requirement here is thata certain amount of heatware has a limit on how high you can ask for an item. ie the more heatware the more expensive an item you can list here and sell.

i know that would be a logistical nightmare and not really possible so the one can do is research ad nauesum befor doing a sale and get all the contact info and other forum aliases before making a decision.

while i think the manner in which the item sent back was wrong i do think the seller should finish the refund since what happened previously does not apply to the current situation, which is the rest of the refund.

ive seen so many issues with mobos and vid cards (even some ive had) that i wisha requirement here is thata certain amount of heatware has a limit on how high you can ask for an item. ie the more heatware the more expensive an item you can list here and sell.

i know that would be a logistical nightmare and not really possible so the one can do is research ad nauesum befor doing a sale and get all the contact info and other forum aliases before making a decision.

while i think the manner in which the item sent back was wrong i do think the seller should finish the refund since what happened previously does not apply to the current situation, which is the rest of the refund.

Interesting idea on the system. But heatware itself is just a very basic structure require a lot of administration. Hate to say it but I find ebay system better than heatware in manyways, but heatware is free ebay is not.

Forum trading is operate on trust, which is the one factor most people abused.

1 day not 1 week if you excuse me. I did not accept an package that requires me to pay, so they assume that I am refusing it. I contacted seller the same time, he agrees to pay for the shipping if I could provide proof.

Then one business day later I went again and it's gone.

I filed the claim, and then had a hour chat with the seller and at the end of the day he refused to give full refund. Since we can't come to an agreement I escalated the claim to paypal.

This is what happened at the end of the third week after my payment, anything before that I was told that USPS messed up.

Who to blame is not part of my concern, as I only want my money back atm.

You say this all occured in one business day, yet your timestamps disprove that, and then all of a sudden, you are at three weeks that have gone past.

You would have a solid case if there was not proof that the time frames you have given are incorrect. (I am referring to the email screenshots provided by JDM)

He meant that he went to pick it up, found there is a $9 charge on it, got confused and went back the next day to find it "gone". USPS thought he refused it (which he kind of did). Now I dont see any fault in the buyer. When a buyer buys something and pays the shipping, he should expect to have it within a reasonable amount of time and not have to pay extra. These are basic conditions of a sale. The seller chose to ship via whatever means, if it does not get there promptly it is the seller's and the shipper's fault. This is how Paypal sees it too. Paypal gives full refunds, not partial refunds if the buyer wins the dispute.

You say this all occured in one business day, yet your timestamps disprove that, and then all of a sudden, you are at three weeks that have gone past.

You would have a solid case if there was not proof that the time frames you have given are incorrect. (I am referring to the email screenshots provided by JDM)

I am pretty sure you are confused by JDM's description, which is mainly incorrect after he noitce me to pick up the package at the middle of the third week after the initial payment.

He meant that he went to pick it up, found there is a $9 charge on it, got confused and went back the next day to find it "gone". USPS thought he refused it (which he kind of did). Now I dont see any fault in the buyer. When a buyer buys something and pays the shipping, he should expect to have it within a reasonable amount of time and not have to pay extra. These are basic conditions of a sale. The seller chose to ship via whatever means, if it does not get there promptly it is the seller's and the shipper's fault. This is how Paypal sees it too. Paypal gives full refunds, not partial refunds if the buyer wins the dispute.

Thanks lixuelai couldn't have summarized it up better.

You are lying to me. Even after I said that I would cover any extra fees. (hell, those were my fault, but negligence is not.)

I put my trust on him and he surely did not, I don't see how business would work out that way.

No matter how the paypal case goes, there is no way for me to get full refund right the way since paypal would not pocket out the negetives on the sellers account. Putting me in a lose lose situation regardless of the outcome.

Everyone is ignoring something: the buyer had to sign for the package to be refused. The package would only be sent back if he said, "I do not want this package." and signed the slip. The post master general from area code 90274 told me this.

Everyone is ignoring something: the buyer had to sign for the package to be refused. The package would only be sent back if he said, "I do not want this package." and signed the slip. The post master general from area code 90274 told me this.

So what you going to do with that 150+ you got out of this deal?

So what you going to do with that 150+ you got out of this deal?

I don't know. The deal is out of my hands - it's my dad's account, he's taking care of it. (He won't let me touch it)

I have my own pay pal account now.

I'm done talking about this. Half of the people here see it my way, the other half the other way. There is nothing else to say unless there are new developments.

I don't know. The deal is out of my hands - it's my dad's account, he's taking care of it. (He won't let me touch it)

I'm done talking about this. Half of the people here see it my way, the other half the other way. There is nothing else to say unless there are new developments.

regardless of who see's what, you still have $150.00 of his money and your video card.....you should be a man and at least refund him $140.00 this way you don't lose any money on shipping, and I'm pretty sure he would be agreeable to that.
as it stands right now, your stealing money from him and I'm not sure how you can justify that action...the whole thing stinks.

So i assume you are under 18 at this moment?

Saying your dad won't let you touch his paypal account is inexcusable. This is a business, you can't just take the buyer's money then ran away from it.

When I got there, they ask for the extra 9 dollars from the shipping in order for me the pick up the package. I did not pick it up right the way out of confusion. I went home and emailed JDM_WAAAAT as soon as I got home. After he agrees to pay the shipping fully if I could provide proof. I went to the post office as soon as I could and was informed that my package has been sent back.

O spare the bullshit... and you could not eat those $9 ??? You are definitely on my "not to deal" list! :mad:

O spare the bullshit... and you could not eat those $9 ??? You are definitely on my "not to deal" list! :mad:

You can add me to that list too then. I've been trading for 5 years with over 350+ heat and I will tell you right now if anyone sent me a package where a) it took way longer than expected to arrive and b) I had to pay extra just to receive it, I would reject it on the spot.

You can add me to that list too then. I've been trading for 5 years with over 350+ heat and I will tell you right now if anyone sent me a package where a) it took way longer than expected to arrive and b) I had to pay extra just to receive it, I would reject it on the spot.

I agree with this guy.

I've already tried to do a partial refund. That wasn't acceptable. I have even offered to ship it back at his expense, but neither was that.

at the end of the day, the outcome is you have $175 of his money and the video card

At the very least, refund him the total of the 'partial' amount you were discussing about (i'm guessing the refund amount minus shipping expenses, because anything beyond that is something that should have been stated in the sales post [i.e. partial fee etc. etc.]). So you two will be arguing about something valid, which is who covers shipping expenses.

But currently, there is nothing to argue. You have $175 and the product. And simply put that is theft.

I agree with him. After all this he said she said BS, the fact of the matter is that the seller still has a bulk of the buyer's money AND the hardware. I think both parties should suck it up and work this out for partial refund as I see faults on both ends...

I think everyone has overlooked the fact that the seller's account is negative - so he does not have the money that everyone keeps saying he does have.

And as JDM put it, exe must have signed for the package, so in order for it to be sent back, he had to sign the paper knowing that it was going to be sent back. If he did as he claims, he would have come back to get the package the next day.

So please explain why you would refuse a package and make a claim on paypal before even talking to the seller, who would have been more than happy to spend $9 to pay you back.

I think everyone has overlooked the fact that the seller's account is negative - so he does not have the money that everyone keeps saying he does have.

It is in the negative because he withdrew the money from his paypal account, and paypal initiated a refund for the amount that was paid to him. Therefore the money is actually with him, that money didn't magically disappear into oblivion.

And this constant arguing regarding the $9 or the R.T.S. is moot. Seller has both a chunk of the buyer's money and the product. What the seller is intending to do with that money is the important thing here.

And as JDM put it, exe must have signed for the package, so in order for it to be sent back, he had to sign the paper knowing that it was going to be sent back. If he did as he claims, he would have come back to get the package the next day.

So please explain why you would refuse a package and make a claim on paypal before even talking to the seller, who would have been more than happy to spend $9 to pay you back.

No, I think you're overlooking the fact that the seller has the hardware back AND good chunk of the buyer's money.. As iceredwing said, it's a moot point now to argue why the buyer refused/returned/whatever with the package. What's done is done. Both parties need to find a resolution that they both can agree upon. I could only imagine things getting ugly otherwise...

All I wanted was to do a partial refund. (Minus shipping fees when I get the card back.)

I can't issue a refund when I do not have the funds in my account because you filed a dispute.
Was this just a giant delicious cake?
It's in the neg because you still have his money. Don't want to use your dad's account? Fine, use you own account and send him his money minus depreciation of the card (you should just eat this too since you screwed up the postage, but that's up to you). After that, ask PayPal or ask the buyer to clear out the neg problem on your dad's account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back