Topless Women at Game Developer's Holiday Party?

This is disgusting. Boobs belong under 14 layers of clothing, you heathens! Disgraceful.

P.S. My firearm is sitting in a holster outside of my jeans for everyone to see.

"I have to say I really was not very comfortable with the situation," the attendee said. "I did not feel [like Gameloft respected] the female employees there. I feel they were not taken into consideration at all. I could not believe that this idea was given AND approved by someone."
Next time bring some stripper dudes to do the meat helicopter show for them so they'll STFU and let people have a good time.

The society/world will continue to go down the shitty if people don't start wearing thicker skins and realize that being "politically correct" ends in us all being emotionless robots to our government masters.

Not necessarily emotionless, in fact they are likely to be hyper emotional, where even the slightest thing ruffles jimmies.

Basically, I expect the future generation to act like they are one of the cast of Highschool Musical, where you deserve hugs and praises for your bravery in being a fat lesbian because "everyone is special in their own way".

They updated their article, and apparently they weren't supposed to be there anyway, and got kicked out.

I think it is a little bit funny.

However, since someone else already started turning this into a topic of morals, I think they have a right to do whatever they want at their own private party. That being said, I think the "don't hold someone else to your moral standards" crow is massively oversimplifying things. First of all, you are taking an entire people group and generalizing way too much. Secondly, just because one society accepts something as normal, does not make it alright, and vice versa. Politics has nothing to do with it. Morality has to come from something a little bit more absolute, otherwise it is just a product of consensus (which can justify literally anything). Anyway, that's my two cents.

If IBM had a corporate holiday party and had topless women there, it would not be acceptable. Why is it acceptable for a gaming company?

lol... the lengths sexually repressed people will go to ask for sex... because thats what the whiners are really doing..

I've had fun at parties where breasts were exposed. I've had fun at parties where breasts weren't exposed. I've quietly left parties where something offensive happened, and didn't alert the media and whore myself out for attention because I was offended but others weren't. Maybe I'm just too lazy to be an attention whore.

If people would take personal responsibility for their feelings and act accordingly (without expecting the rest of us to wretch along with them) then the world would be a happier place. Did the employees at the party have a good time, and was the entertainment treated and remunerated well? If yes, then all is well.

First person who names the movie that had a runaway b-52 pirate station with speakers fling around America because the government went all moral, wins something.

First person who names the movie that had a runaway b-52 pirate station with speakers fling around America because the government went all moral, wins something.

Mister Ed! It was a TV show called Mister Ed...or was it the Howdy Doody Show?

ERMAHGERD BERBS!!!!!

Will someone think of the children... well children that aren't there at the party.

Morality has to come from something a little bit more absolute, otherwise it is just a product of consensus (which can justify literally anything).
Newsflash, that is ABSOLUTELY what morality is, and why morality has evolved as societies have, and societies with poor morals have generally crumbled.

Morals are really just a code of conduct, a way that members of a group are expected to behave so that society can function smoothly. A society where anything goes doesn't really work harmoniously together, and conflict or self-destruction occurs, or quite simply they are overtaken by a stronger culture that displaces their belief system.

Infanticide, rape, and murder are all justified in the bible for example, but hardly acceptable by today's morals.

There is no right or wrong moral code, just various morals that work or don't work to varying degrees for different societies now and throughout time. The Roman and Egyptian empires for example were very successful empires, the most powerful of their times, and they both not only had very different moral beliefs from each other, but even more so from American society today... which until recently was also at its peak as a world power.

To pretend that morals come from God is to pretend that there has only been one version of "God" worshiped throughout history. Its complete and utter nonsense that people often fall back on when they can't provide a logical explanation as to how a certain moral belief actually strengthens the society that holds it.

Newsflash, that is ABSOLUTELY what morality is, and why morality has evolved as societies have, and societies with poor morals have generally crumbled.

Morals are really just a code of conduct, a way that members of a group are expected to behave so that society can function smoothly. A society where anything goes doesn't really work harmoniously together, and conflict or self-destruction occurs, or quite simply they are overtaken by a stronger culture that displaces their belief system.

Infanticide, rape, and murder are all justified in the bible for example, but hardly acceptable by today's morals.

There is no right or wrong moral code, just various morals that work or don't work to varying degrees for different societies now and throughout time. The Roman and Egyptian empires for example were very successful empires, the most powerful of their times, and they both not only had very different moral beliefs from each other, but even more so from American society today... which until recently was also at its peak as a world power.

To pretend that morals come from God is to pretend that there has only been one version of "God" worshiped throughout history. Its complete and utter nonsense that people often fall back on when they can't provide a logical explanation as to how a certain moral belief actually strengthens the society that holds it.

Without getting into a lengthy debate ;), first of all I did not say that morality comes from God. Secondly, if that "absolutely" is where morality comes from, then that is just mob rule and will change with whatever people decide. In that case, no one has any real right to tell anyone else what is wrong or right. For instance, some countries decide that dictatorships where people can be lined up and shot are morally correct. If you have nothing else to base your morality on besides that, then you really cannot say they are wrong.

I will say, that having studied philosophy and theology of various religions quite extensively, that you are mistaken in your assertion that the bible justifies rape, murder, or infanticide. however, there are other religions today that do. If they became strong enough to overpower the rest of the world, then would that make their beliefs correct? I don't think you can equate power with moral authority. The Nazi Regime was very powerful, as were any number of other dictatorships with similar beliefs. If you really want to get into it, they were also defeated primarily by nations, who at the time held to morality based on the judeo christian belief system.

They updated their article, and apparently they weren't supposed to be there anyway, and got kicked out.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe the manager that brought them in had a moment of revelation at the party and thought, "Oh shit! There are bitchy feminists at this party and bitchy feminists are notoriously litigious about this kind of thing. I better cover my ass and act like these strippers shouldn't be here!"

If some big beefy dude was there in little leather man panties holding a fake barbarian sword with the women in the party drooling all over him no one would have thought anything of it. But topless women covered up with body paint? God no! We can't have that! Double standard sexist bullshit.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe the manager that brought them in had a moment of revelation at the party and thought, "Oh shit! There are bitchy feminists at this party and bitchy feminists are notoriously litigious about this kind of thing. I better cover my ass and act like these strippers shouldn't be here!"

If some big beefy dude was there in little leather man panties holding a fake barbarian sword with the women in the party drooling all over him no one would have thought anything of it. But topless women covered up with body paint? God no! We can't have that! Double standard sexist bullshit.

It's so true! Ebil feminists are everywhere and they're out to get you! At any moment, a normal, placid female that behaves the way you want could turn into one by disagreeing with you and this threat must be controlled by bringing it to light as often as possible because they are so coordinated and well-organized that, the instant a woman disagrees with you, she is inducted into the neural collective that is motivated to sue you.

Also possible ;). Honestly that was my first thought when I read their update.

Morality *is* completely decided by a group of people and It does change whenever people as a whole decide. Here in America, that change resulted in slavery being considered wrong, children of a certain age not being able to work and sufferage for all legal adult citizens.

When your example comes about, were two groups have large enough differences in their set of morals, that's when war comes about. Currently, Islam extremists do feel completely moral in their actions, but the western world does not feel they are being moral; so the result is, as expected, a conflict ensues.

Your comments on being able to or not being able to tell people that they are right or wrong is pretty well the basis of philosophy as a whole.

Well, agree to disagree. I just think that pretty much means morality is meaningless. If that is all you believe morality is, then I see no reason to follow anyone's guidelines. As to the positive change, such as slavery being outlawed, that was almost entirely due to a basis in the judeo-Christian mindset. It was largely the Puritans (in America), and people like William Wilberforce (In England) who were able to put a stop to slavery (and they based their moral claims on absolutes, not groupthink).

Anyway, I don't expect to convince you, so I'll just leave it at that.

i don't see why this is news. offices and their staff have always been a product of their own environment.

i've left jobs because my superiors/peers continued to use profanity around me excessively, even after I requested they show some professionalism. this would be no different, either the staff can accept this as their work environment, or find somewhere else to work if it bothers them.

I hate all this crap.

Crying out loud... what her woman does with her body is her business...

I find it much offending when I see a bunch of people being exploited and pay like shit. I dont care if it is physical labour, read foxxconn, brains, read programming sweat shops all over the world, of for their bodies, read pimps.

A woman has boobies, it belongs to her, she wants to make $20 for 4 minutes (average song), so a dude or dudette wants to touch them, I think it is in her right. Nothing wrong about that.

Now about this being in a corporate private event, that is nothing wrong in my opinion. As long as if the woman in the company can have dudes with body paint if they want to. fair is fair.

Would I feel diminish as a man because some dude is walking around with a shlong the size of Conan's sword? Hell no. We all have fantasies, man and woman, why deny people thier fun.

Dont get me wrong, I believe in morals. Mine for me, but I dont impose them on others.

You wona wear a Burka to a party (and it is not being forced on you by your church, husband, brother, other woman) more power to you.

Come to think of it, kind of kinky. Pick one up at a party, not knowing what is underneeth. Kool... just dont blame me if you take the head piece off and I dont like what I see and go running off.

Uhmm, maybe next Holloween, I will have a Burka mandatory party. In Montreal offf course.

Well, Merry X'Mas everyone from SpeedyVV... Lots of love with your close ones...Look at some boobies, touch them if you are lucky, let others see\touch if it makes them happy, and thank the heavens for another year on Earth.

Peace out.

PS. Play some reggea and smoke some weed. God is gona come from the sky and make everyone feel allright. - B. Marley

Well, agree to disagree. I just think that pretty much means morality is meaningless. If that is all you believe morality is, then I see no reason to follow anyone's guidelines.

Just because morality is a social construction doesn't mean it isn't useful or meaningless. Of course, devout followers of any religion aren't known for making such subtle distinctions.

1. Montreal: Nobody cares about titties. 2. In a male-dominated game-industry this isn't a surprise. Not very professional, sure. But a surprise, not really. 3. Profit??

I support the right of beautiful women to reveal some or all of their delicious curves at any party, public or private, that I or any other red blooded male on this planet may be in attendance of. We just need to make sure that nobody else aside from the pretty girlies has this sort of liberty......

Secondly, if that "absolutely" is where morality comes from, then that is just mob rule and will change with whatever people decide. In that case, no one has any real right to tell anyone else what is wrong or right.
Again, you're not grasping the concept. Morality is a mob-rule "code of conduct", and yes you can tell people what is wrong or right just as you can create a fixed set of laws that do the same. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting your "code of conduct" to be respected nor that you wouldn't promote what you support... but let us not pretend that it is anything more than that. Even something that is seemingly common sense like "murder" being immoral is clearly not so black and white. Most societies agree you can't just murder people at random, and they wouldn't endure if they did. But we generally consider it moral to murder in cases of self-defense or when formalized as warfare between nations. Many even find it moral to murder someone if they have demonstrated extreme levels of cruelty/violence in the form of capital punishment or in the case of treason.

Morality, aka "code of conducts", serves a purpose, but it is created by people through general consensus and enforced either through social pressures and/or the threat of force by law by a society on its members. Sometimes the moral codes become obsolete as societies evolve, or you experience difficulties in "melting pots" in the US where people with varying beliefs have to find a way to coexist. For example, before the development of inexpensive and widespread availability of truly reliable birth control, it makes absolute sense that sexual repression had its place in society's code of conduct. It would strengthen family units, it would provide the best opportunities and stability for the next generation, and most importantly it would help to minimize the spread of disease in the population and help with population control (even to this day, high birthrates still translate almost directly to poverty and stagnation of technological and social development).

The "Third Reich" btw, was so short lived that I don't think it can be considered a success by any measure, as its culture quite simply did not pass the test of time. The Roman empire by contrast lasted hundreds of years, and its culture and influence spread throughout the globe and has had a significant impact on our lives even today.

Telling Montrealers there is something wrong with naked women, is like telling Americans there is something wrong with guns. Waste of time.

I bet there was an American woman at this party, cause woman in Montreal could care less about some titties.

You mean they couldn't care less, because if they could care less, then that means they actually do care at least somewhat about the controversy or issue at hand. Also, Canada is in North America, so the dichotomy between "Americans" and "Montrealers" is a false one.

Women just need to accept the fact that they are 2nd rate citizens, besides... boobs ROCK!

The squeaky wheel gets the oil. How many of those attendees absolutely love their job and the company they work for now.

I see nothing wrong with companies throwing this kind of a event for a private gathering.

I'm just here for the pictures...

I don't see much wrong with this. Certainly not newsworthy, but then again I clicked it.

Back