To those of you who have a cool rig, What's your actual job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake

Limp Gawd
This might be an unusual question for some but just wanting to know if people here work in jobs NOT related to computers and that for them, this is just a hobby.

I have the two rigs in my sig, and I manage an autoparts store. I am a networking major with aspirations of opening my own consulting/installation/repair company though.

Edit: I guess I have 3 rigs in my sig, forgot about the lappy! :D

I work at McDonalds for $7 an hour. Sometimes I forget I am working becuase I zone out. It rocks

I am the owner/teacher of my own little private English conversation school in Japan. (I travel between Hawaii and Japan) and my school is Hawaiian themed. 45 students, all girls. About $1,600 a week to flirt with Japanese girls. ;)

And I dont even remember my English classes when I was in H.S. ...... Bong hits in the bathroom. Just kidding! Hawaiian bud is bad!......Bad I say! Dont do it !

My system/systems aren't the coolest, but I'm in the USAF.

Systems in sig are soon to be complimented by a Dual 2.0Ghz LV Xeon rig, which I should be purchasing next week or so... :D

Get your [H]s here!

Im a Computer Technician at a local Commercial Truck Depot. I maintain over 100 PC's in all 4 of our locations. The job is awesome, pay is good, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays off.... Cant beat that....

My main rig is at my sig....

IT Phone Monkey / 19.80 an hour

Gotta get pics of my Rig. Look out for my Dad's Nascar computer I am building him.

mr_ouija said:
My system/systems aren't the coolest, but I'm in the USAF.

Systems in sig are soon to be complimented by a Dual 2.0Ghz LV Xeon rig, which I should be purchasing next week or so... :D

Get your [H]s here!

Really? What's your AFSC and rank? I'm an A1C 3C0 stationed at Aviano AB.

(Edited to include rank in the question/statement)

Manufacturing Engineer, Verari Systems Inc.

$14.00 per hour.

Fun=no
Rewarding=no
Pays the bills=...sometimes

i worked at my parents job [environmental testing (water and soil and stuff)] for 7.25 an hour over the last few weeks of summer and february vacation. Looking to get a job at a supermarket, boatus, or comp store.

Cool Rig:
[email protected], IC7-G, 1gb PC4000, 6800 (6800GT next week, thanks to [V]ad[H]atte(r) :D ), EMU 0404, Plextor 712SA, 120gb WD SE, 160gb Seagate, PCP&C 510 Deluxe, Thermaltake Tsunami, lots of cooling upgrades, case mods, etc.

Job: Currently unemployed. Ex custodian :(

I sell the prescriptions pills that I'm supposed to take. (hey, it's infinately easier than trying to convince my mother that turning me into a zombie isn't the answer). $2 a day.

Kinda ironic that peoplare willing to pay for that which I absolutely can't stand, isn't it?

P.S. I paid for everything on my own, my parent's don't buy me any of it.

I work for pBITS.net, we setup POS systems, and provide support/manage small buisness client's networks in the NE.

FlatLine84 said:
I work for pBITS.net, we setup POS systems, and provide support/manage small buisness client's networks in the NE.

I'm guessing POS doesn't stand for Piece of Shit? :p

CoRPS said:
I'm guessing POS doesn't stand for Piece of Shit? :p

POS=Point of Sale aka Tills.

hate the things. Why would you build a till running windows 98 with only one way to access it a dodgey touch screen?

BEER MAN, 9.60/hr + OT, 46 hrs. a week. I used to work MIS tech support at a local hospital system and got canned. I shoulda sued.

Athlon XP 1700+ @ 1.667 ghz, 512MB Crucial DDR2700, Epox 8RDA3+, spankin new Leadtek 6600GT, Maxtor 160GB IDE, Antec Sonata w/ PS that comes with it, NEC 3520, AOpen slot load DVD, Samsung 900NF, Compaq Presario R3000 Laptop, cable internet, almost enough misc parts to make another system or two, bunch of gadgets. Next upgrade, a gig of ram and a new CPU, probably the mobile XP 2400+ 35W

my hobby is my job. I do tech support, car work, and other crap also.

I got fired from my last job or how they put it "taken off the schedule".... I am still looking for a basic no-thinking job to help fund the case projects but for now I'm alright.....that is unless someone here wants to hook a brutha up :D

Fawkes said:
POS=Point of Sale aka Tills.

hate the things. Why would you build a till running windows 98 with only one way to access it a dodgey touch screen?

Word, we do that also and I refuse to get into that department. The customers are the rudest people on the planet and the machines are a the most trashed PC's I see come in

Don't have that great of a rig. But I'm a computer tech. Currently working on starting my own business.

i have the rig in my sig, plus a bunch of other various rigs including my p4 shuttle, p3 dually system, and various other older systems. I am a college student with no real job. over the summer i am a Van driver for a local trucking company, but i don't really consider that a steady income

I'm a nuke worker. I do constuction labor at nuclear powerplants during refuelling outages. anywhere from $15-26/hr depending on the plant, plus tons of overtime for 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sheazle said:
I'm a nuke worker. I do constuction labor at nuclear powerplants during refuelling outages. anywhere from $15-26/hr depending on the plant, plus tons of overtime for 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

Your brave man, I wouldn't live anywhere near a nuclear reactor.

Im a Pilot for America West Airlines! Its alot of fun, but since I get 2 weeks out of the month off, and plenty of money, (Im 25, with a girlfriend, and a $74K/year income. :cool: )
I enjoy modding, Ive been doing all kinds of custom work since I was 14 or so, learning as I go, but I just recently got into case modding.

Rig

Vice President of 1 corporation and CIO of another. I'm also a IT consultant...in other words I charge way too much for what I do and people thank me for it.

Circulation assistant at the county library.
$9 an hour, 19 hours a week. Around 9k a year.

I live on my own, and I own my own car.
In the past 3 years I'm bought and built 3 $3,000+ systems.

You wouldn't believe the cash you have laying around when you smart enough not to waste it on beer, smokes, and monthly game charges.

I am an industrial mechanic I work on machines and electronics best part of my job I get paid on my job to do what everone else does for a hobby, I take electonics and make them do what they are not supposed to do every once in a while it does not work oh well 2 grand down the drain lets try something else! Great job from that stand point huh?
BTW plcs are extremely expensive!
pcnerdguy

use to work in software development for a company that produces fitness club management software... I got to travel the world at 21 (31 now) until a large chain moved me out from Houston to Chicago to maintain their setup and training while doubling my pay. :D

Drafter... acad.. learning other software.. at school for that .. inventor.. solid works and maybe get into pro e...
anyways.. 13 an hour but it should be at 16..supposedly 24 k a year but i got bills..
buddy and me were thinkin of a startup computer mod company..
we already got a name and hoping to startup within 2-3 yrs.. co ceo .. here i come.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back