Titanfall LULZ

Not sure it needed a new thread, already been mentioned in the existing one.

Still, that is crazy.

For a Source engine game that just seems insane. Are the textures like, ridiculously high-res?

For a Source engine game that just seems insane. Are the textures like, ridiculously high-res?

No, they aren't anything special. I still have no idea how Ghosts is 35gb either. The game looks like trash.

That's comedy considering the maps are shoebox sized and only take about 10 seconds to run from one end to the other, and when you look at some of the textures up close - on the mechs for example - its blockiness on the level of 90's games.

I dont think my entire Skyrim folder with a crapton of mods is even that big.

no, just no. Confirmed by Respawn to be 20gbs on xone. Install size on PC is confirmed to 40. These threads need to be more specific otherwise it is straight utter misleading garbage. [H] should be better than that, but givin this gaming subforums trend i cant say im surprised

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/titanfall-requires-roughly-40gb-install-on-xbox-one

Lol. Why am I not surprised that the biggest xboner fanboy had to come in. No one except you assumed anyone was mentioning the Xbox one, thanks for coming by though.

Lol. Why am I not surprised that the biggest xboner fanboy had to come in. No one except you assumed anyone was mentioning the Xbox one, thanks for coming by though.

Its not in the PC forum, its in the general forum which makes it seem as though its for all versions. And its funny considering i have over 60 days played in wow, over 500 hours in dota and your assuming that i only game on Xbox? give me a break. If this was meant for the PC only crowd the topic should have been in the PC subforum, not the general gaming forum that encompasses console and PC

The most surprising thing here is that Ghosts takes up 40GB. Its like brown textures can't be compressed or something...

Its not in the PC forum, its in the general forum which makes it seem as though its for all versions. And its funny considering i have over 60 days played in wow, over 500 hours in dota and your assuming that i only game on Xbox? give me a break. If this was meant for the PC only crowd the topic should have been in the PC subforum, not the general gaming forum that encompasses console and PC

PCgamer.com article in OP is probably why the PC is being mostly mentioned.

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me really. I only like having a couple games max on my hard drive at a time. Plenty of space for this. I feel bad for people who have internet caps though. This will surely hurt. Is there going to be a physical copy?

I really don't get the huge install sizes that changed when the new gen of consoles came out. Arma 3 on my computer doesn't even take that much space and it looks way better than Titanfall

How is this game 40GB anyway? I'm sure there must be high resolution 4K textures included in the install.

Seems about right:

chart.png

Its not misleading, the link shows pc requirments. Man stupid just cant be fixed. When i had the Beta running at Insane detail the textures still werent that impressive. The audio in the game is a large part of the size requirments though.

Last edited:
WTF is that image even supposed to say?
Agreed. To do a proper analysis you would have to include the on-disk size of a much larger set of games in your time range, and plot them in a scatter plot with a trend line based on those points of data to draw any correlation between the passage of time and the size of a game. You cannot come to any conclusion from that graph posted by Youn.

Its not misleading, the link shows pc requirments. Man stupid just cant be fixed. When i had the Bets running at Insane detail the textures still werent that impressive. The audio in the game is a large part of the size requirments though.

nor can lazy. Is it that hard to put it in the proper subforum? Structured forums exist for a reason

nor can lazy. Is it that hard to put it in the proper subforum? Structured forums exist for a reason

Is it that hard to read the link in the first post of the thread? Next time you come to defend the Xbox One, make sure you read the thread first.

So posting about a game in a general gaming forum is lazy? Who wouldve thunk it. Hmm so according to your logic nothing about games can be discussed because one way or another its gonna be a console or pc game. Structured forums are designed to keep the forum nazis happy... Troll along....

For those who didn't understand or like my graph... (also because I was curious if my instincts were correct):

chart2.png

I'm not saying the size justifies the quality of the game, just that it was not so unexpected if you consider how HDD space has increased over the years.

Most games seem to be around 20-25 GB at the most these days. Titanfall just kinda blows that out of the water, and for reasons unknown.

I couldn't even see it being the Audio tbh, it's not voice dialog so unless it has an incredible amount of tracks or includes an SDK I can't understand why it is that large. I've never cared about install sizes on PC since I put my games on a separate 3TB but the discussion is interesting.

When I did my beta install I remember seeing the audio package install at around a 12Gb package. Uncompressed audio can easily be that large but who knows for final retail.

When I did my beta install I remember seeing the audio package install at around a 12Gb package. Uncompressed audio can easily be that large but who knows for final retail.

I don't really see the point of that. Honestly, to 99% of people, an MP3 file will sound the same as a FLAC. I'm not saying go with MP3, but we really don't need 15gb+ of just audio files. I feel like it's like dynamic contrast ratio, they think a bigger number will mean customers think it's better. "Hey our game is over 9000gb! It's the best evar!"

no, just no. Confirmed by Respawn to be 20gbs on xone. Install size on PC is confirmed to 40. These threads need to be more specific otherwise it is straight utter misleading garbage. [H] should be better than that, but givin this gaming subforums trend i cant say im surprised

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/titanfall-requires-roughly-40gb-install-on-xbox-one

Geez Vald you sure love to dance out that big Xbox one fanboy spear. I was talking about the install size in general.

Oh and please , I own an One and a PS4 and a gaming PC and a Wii U and a PS3 and an Xbox 360. Does that make you feel better? Do I meet your [H] standard? Do I fall under the neutrality well enough that I'm allowed to make observations? I'll send you a PM next time I want to post an opinion so you can give it a good once over for your approval.. I wouldn't want to come across as beneath your precious standards now would I?

Good lord... go back to the subforums where you enjoy thread crapping.

Geez Vald you sure love to dance out that big Xbox one fanboy spear. I was talking about the install size in general.

Oh and please , I own an One and a PS4 and a gaming PC and a Wii U and a PS3 and an Xbox 360. Does that make you feel better? Do I meet your [H] standard? Do I fall under the neutrality well enough that I'm allowed to make observations? I'll send you a PM next time I want to post an opinion so you can give it a good once over for your approval.. I wouldn't want to come across as beneath your precious standards now would I?

Good lord... go back to the subforums where you enjoy thread crapping.

It's not thread capping it's a misplaced thread plain and simple. The 40G install size was initially thought to include the X1 version of the game as well as pc. Someone who saw that initial rumor and then saw this threads OP without paying much attention will 100% believe it's including all versions of the game. And no, it's not the install size in general because only 1/3 versions of the game requires that install size. Also get over the fan boy bullshit, I've repeatedly over and over again including proving to next that I own both consoles as well. Not to mention I haven't even played a game on the x1 in literally over a month because there's jack shit to play on it

Yeah i guess i can see how pcgamer.com on the link name can be misleading. I mean is it a pc link like it says or is it being deceptive and actually xbox one or maybe even xbox 360? Oooh who knows, its a mystery we need to solve:rolleyes:.

Yeah i guess i can see how pcgamer.com on the link name can be misleading. I mean is it a pc link like it says or is it being deceptive and actually xbox one or maybe even xbox 360? Oooh who knows, its a mystery we need to solve:rolleyes:.

because no PC magazines or websites ever cover anything to do with consoles right?

Back