"Titanfall developers say, PS4 doesn't have enough power to run it"

Funny thing is they're pretty much just using the Cloud stuff for dedicated servers. Still, MS is paying a lot of money for this title and they have to talk it up. I don't care about the PR BS as long as the PC version is good. They could do all of this on the PS4 but it would require EA to handle the servers.

WOW, holy fuck! Hosted servers are better??!?! Who knew? I'm glad now in 2013 we can start testing to see if this is true or not. The technology needed to run hosted servers hasn't been available until now. Hopefully PC gamers will get some of this magical technology in the near future. I'd hate to be stuck in the past with my dumb Amiga email box when the rad kids will have a badass xbox1 that can take me to the cloud!

I doubt any PS4 games will even be able to implement that sort of thing, because I don't see how 3rd party games being hosted on 3rd party servers would ever work.

You heard it here first; the PS4 is DONE!

WOW, holy fuck! Hosted servers are better??!?! Who knew? I'm glad now in 2013 we can start testing to see if this is true or not. The technology needed to run hosted servers hasn't been available until now. Hopefully PC gamers will get some of this magical technology in the near future. I'd hate to be stuck in the past with my dumb Amiga email box when the rad kids will have a badass xbox1 that can take me to the cloud!

I doubt any PS4 games will even be able to implement that sort of thing, because I don't see how 3rd party games being hosted on 3rd party servers would ever work.

You heard it here first; the PS4 is DONE!

Hehe. That reminds me of something. Respawn said they will have to "re-engineer" some things that require the Cloud for the PC version.

I'd like to see some PlayStation developer use Microsoft Azure for their cloud services and advertise that fact. 'Cause, you know, Azure's just a thing.

Hehe. That reminds me of something. Respawn said they will have to "re-engineer" some things that require the Cloud for the PC version.

The problem is that MS is going to be hosting all of the servers themselves, further charging developers and publishers to launch their games on this platform. Likely it also locks publishers out from trying to host their own MP games. It wouldn't be a big issue if they did it with only games MS publishes, but this is absurd.

Does everyone that does business with MS catch their lying virus?
What is this shit? I thought these people wanted to be taken seriously.......

Does everyone that does business with MS catch their lying virus?
What is this shit? I thought these people wanted to be taken seriously.......

They went from EA to Activision, back to EA and are also working with Microsoft along with being funded by EA. Nothing there that screams "we want to tell the truth".

They went from EA to Activision, back to EA and are also working with Microsoft along with being funded by EA. Nothing there that screams "we want to tell the truth".

Well.
When you put it that way...

I bet Zygna turns up somewhere in there....someday...
Imagine, IAP's for every platform!

Wait...so PS4 doesn't have enough power to run a Source engine game? And somehow the XBOne, a slower system, is?

LOLOLOLOL SEEMS LEGIT

Titanfall will run on a 360 that doesn't require an Internet connection. Therefore 360 > PS4! Everyone save your money, pickup used 360s and let the cloud save you.

Titanfall will run on a 360 that doesn't require an Internet connection. Therefore 360 > PS4! Everyone save your money, pickup used 360s and let the cloud save you.

Titanfall will require an internet connection on every single platform it releases on, it's a multiplayer only title.

We need the cloud on the PC as well. We have been suffering on clan dedicated servers for too long!!

well until Sony has Gaikai up this actually has some truth behind it.

the AI in the MP matches are ran on the cloud server so its possible they need a cloud server to back the matches and i doubt MS would lets them use MS servers to host PS4 matches.

once Gaikai is out tho they should change their tune and we should see a PS4 version unless MS is paying them not to do it.

well until Sony has Gaikai up this actually has some truth behind it.

the AI in the MP matches are ran on the cloud server so its possible they need a cloud server to back the matches and i doubt MS would lets them use MS servers to host PS4 matches.

once Gaikai is out tho they should change their tune and we should see a PS4 version unless MS is paying them not to do it.

Gaikai is a game streaming service, not a dedicated multiplayer server service.

Wait...so PS4 doesn't have enough power to run a Source engine game? And somehow the XBOne, a slower system, is?

LOLOLOLOL SEEMS LEGIT

Somehow I feel this is just the start of a long set of mudslinging campaigns.... :eek:

It's like politics ... only video game systems.

If you want to argue that Microsoft has a better cloud infrastructure than Sony, I'll listen to that. But don't hand me some bullshit that One is more powerful than PS4. A couple weeks back I said I'm glad this idiot design company isn't making games on PS4 and this further affirms my comment.

Some PS3 games use dedicated servers anyway, MS is doing a poor job of selling this to people. Hell Dust 514 has thousand of people on one server cluster. I highly doubt we are going to see AI so advanced that anyone actually cares.

The best AI I have seen in games was back when people were making Quake bots that would play and learn new levels and patterns while behaving pretty damn realistically.

Man this is all setting up for some potentially epic fails. I can just see how many ways it can go horrible for xbone users.

I never thought I could be more disgusted with Microsoft but this year has changed everything

Titanfall, PS4 will not have enough power to run it....From the developers of Call of Duty.............................................................................................................

whenever developers talk crap like that, I go out of my way to avoid the game they are referring to....even if I am looking forward to it.

PS4 may not have all the cloud power MS does but the hardware litterally pwns MS's console this time around...

whenever developers talk crap like that, I go out of my way to avoid the game they are referring to....even if I am looking forward to it.

PS4 may not have all the cloud power MS does but the hardware litterally pwns MS's console this time around...

I just ignore the PR BS and judge the game based on what is presented to me. PR is PR. I don't let it color my views on a game one way or the other.

I just ignore the PR BS and judge the game based on what is presented to me. PR is PR. I don't let it color my views on a game one way or the other.

it's called sending a message about their behavior...single biggest reason I do not buy Nvidia either...

it's called sending a message about their behavior...single biggest reason I do not buy Nvidia either...

My primary concern with games is the quality of the game itself. I don't get mad at silly, entirely pointless PR statements like this. It's not worth the effort. If they were making offensive (racist, sexist, homophobic, etc) remarks in their PR then I'd get mad about it, but this? Eh, there are far more important fights to focus on.

I am starting to wonder what chemicals are in this "cloud" and whether these developers have been inhaling it.

Zampella has been in bed with Microsoft since CODMW2. He is a stooge who should not be taken seriously.

Stupid article paid by Microsoft, so that was the best excuse they could come up with, a PS4 can't run this game but the 360 and the Xbox One, which is a slower system is capable of doing so. Epic fail there.

The game doesn't even look "next-gen". It looks like it could have easily been made for current systems.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was their plan B back in the day once COD fatigue sets in to refresh the franchise. It looks like COD's version of BF2142 . Although i'm not too crazy about it, i'm curious how smooth would it play on my 120Hz monitor. It looks pretty bland, but nothing SweetFX couldn't fix.

The game doesn't even look "next-gen". It looks like it could have easily been made for current systems.

Yeah. I'm sure it look better in person than in heavily compressed, low bit-rate, internet video but the texture quality at some points in the demo was like a bad UE3 game.

Yeah. I'm sure it look better in person than in heavily compressed, low bit-rate, internet video but the texture quality at some points in the demo was like a bad UE3 game.

Compare it to videos of similar/same quality of other games launching for PS4/Xbox One such as BF4, Ryse, Killzone: Shadow Fall, etc. and it's evident Titanfall is not in the same league.

Obviously graphics are not everything in a game and I haven't really seen anyone care about its dated graphics, but considering Shirling's claim that Titanfall is so intensive that only the great and mighty Xbox One could possibly hope to run it, it's definitely worthy of evaluation.

The guy really should have kept his mouth shut.

Compare it to videos of similar/same quality of other games launching for PS4/Xbox One such as BF4, Ryse, Killzone: Shadow Fall, etc. and it's evident Titanfall is not in the same league.

Obviously graphics are not everything in a game and I haven't really seen anyone care about its dated graphics, but considering Shirling's claim that Titanfall is so intensive that only the great and mighty Xbox One could possibly hope to run it, it's definitely worthy of evaluation.

The guy really should have kept his mouth shut.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is talking about things like AI, but even then I really doubt his claim.

Back